+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just an Observation on the Ascended Vid

Default Just an Observation on the Ascended Vid

Anyone else notice the Elementalist tree was exactly the same as the Nightblade one? lol

Guess they just overwrote Nightblade on an unfinished Elementalist to show variety for the vid even though it wasn't finished in the game (or to hide it's skills)...

I noticed cause I was pausing through the movie to get a better feel by the skills in the tree of what each soul will specialize more in...

Seems Nightblade is a little magical in it's attacks using Fire and Death, Bladedancer seems like a combat rogue in WoW with some reactive abilities based on dodge and parry, and ranger so far seems, well, like a ranger.. hehe... All too familiar in many areas.. But that's ok... I didn't mind that part of the system in WoW... In was how gear and stats were just all messed up.. I come from a D&D pnp kind of balance in characters so all the WoW mechanics to me were just really outrageous, somewhat OP and in others very underpowered... The common ways people go is hit, crit, +dmg and there's no repercussions in doing so... I hope they do add some balancing scale to things that will make you wanna actually think about what you wanna gear with... The problem with WoW too was that gear never allowed people to be different.. It was always either this is the gear set you want or you will be crap... Other games I enjoyed more with gear was that the gear had a basic set of stats... Very basic... Gear usually had defensive stats, and weapons offensive (obviously)... But then there was slots you could add your own stats to the gear as well that could be anything you want... More crit, more power, more defense or health, more hit or magical hit... It was kind of nice in that it added variety... The problem in that game was the classes were not very variable so what you slotted in your gear was pretty no brainer... This game it seems it might work better cause as a cleric, you might wanna put a little dmg slotted and some heal and etc cause you will switch from spec to spec and not be stuck with gear that gives you too much heal and no dmg for when you are in your dmg attunement...

The trees look very familiar to WoW in the sense of how each points adds to skills... The best thing about what I saw though overall was the part where it says "Right-Click to unspend your points." YAY! No accidental points that will cost you having to pay and respec again for 1 little mishap.. haha.. Anyway...

Most Likely to be: Defiant - Cleric Calling (PvP Server)

Funny you mention this, I actually started doing this as I too wanted to see more of what ideas they were using for skills but I realized real quick that was a futile and pointless thing to do as they are probably going to change alot.

Still the excitement is there and i had to peek as well.

I hope the skill allocation will be more like the trial thing you could activate in WoW (don't remember what they called it.) It was where you could put your points in and then confirm that that was the layout you wanted.

If they make it a "put your points here but it's only as permanent as you want it" sort of thing.

But, nice catch on the re-used skill tree!

Quote Originally Posted by Syrix_II View Post
    Funny you mention this, I actually started doing this as I too wanted to see more of what ideas they were using for skills but I realized real quick that was a futile and pointless thing to do as they are probably going to change alot.

Still the excitement is there and i had to peek as well.
    Haha... I don't feel alone at least.. Yeah, I just wanted to get more info... Sometimes I feel like with the limited information we have on this game at the moment, we end up just talking in circles on the forums... Someone will say, what is this like and we end up guessing or saying we'll see... Repeat... I am really big into mechanics of the game.. Sort of can't wait to see an item list and learn about the stats that will be used in game as well as class skills...

Basically, felt by reading the skill trees as the mouse hovered over the skills I could get a semi closer grasp as to how the game will be... I know it's just a small part of what I would find out, but it's a lot more than I know now... And it does quite help when enlightening others about the game that come visit the site...

Quote Originally Posted by Arilithill View Post
    I hope the skill allocation will be more like the trial thing you could activate in WoW (don't remember what they called it.) It was where you could put your points in and then confirm that that was the layout you wanted.

If they make it a "put your points here but it's only as permanent as you want it" sort of thing.

But, nice catch on the re-used skill tree!

I think it will be pretty much like that as well.. I think trainer enables them to be changed around anyway you want till you click the final OK button at the bottom... But also there will be a purchaseable multiple attunement... Sort of like how WoW has dual specs.. but this game may possibly offer more than just two right off the bat... They want you to experiment and play around and think maybe up to 4 will be available according to the Scott Hartsman inteview with Zam...

Most Likely to be: Defiant - Cleric Calling (PvP Server)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoneNeo View Post
    Anyone else notice the Elementalist tree was exactly the same as the Nightblade one? lol

Guess they just overwrote Nightblade on an unfinished Elementalist to show variety for the vid even though it wasn't finished in the game (or to hide it's skills)...

I noticed cause I was pausing through the movie to get a better feel by the skills in the tree of what each soul will specialize more in...
    Just to clarify this. There was a Dev response on that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Hey all, just wanted to quickly clarify something. The Nightblade and Elementalist are very different classes, Iím not sure what happened with the video but I can assure the two Souls look nothing alike and donít use the same mechanic system
    (Source: Thread #50)

+ Reply to Thread