+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are stats better as greater essences?

Default Why are stats better as greater essences?

Title sais it all pretty much, after some fun theorycrafting/parsing it pretty much was solid, stats from lessers > all greater essences for DPS, my question is why? whats the point of greaters if they well aint greater? (tests were done on warrior/cleric, not sure about mage/rogue but doubt there is much iof a difference there)

(parses put greater essences including the raid ones from anywhere from .5% to 1.8ish% dps increase while stats were 1.5-3% depending on build etc (specially crit))
    Last edited by Alyvian; 05-25-2011 at 03:56 AM.

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

aux

Indeed.

My suggestion is to combine the stats of a lesser, with the proc from a greater, on a single greater essence. Then they'll always be worth using.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Indeed.

My suggestion is to combine the stats of a lesser, with the proc from a greater, on a single greater essence. Then they'll always be worth using.
    exaclty are just boost them across the board, but hoping atleast a dev or someone who can refer it over to a dev passes over this and well makes a change to all of them to put them in line where they should be :/

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    Title says it all pretty much, after some fun theorycrafting/parsing it pretty much was solid, stats from lessers > all greater essences for DPS, my question is why? whats the point of greaters if they well aint greater? (tests were done on warrior/cleric, not sure about mage/rogue but doubt there is much of a difference there)

(parses put greater essences including the raid ones from anywhere from .5% to 1.8ish% dps increase while stats were 1.5-3% depending on build etc (specially crit))
    Thanks for doing the math on this for us.

I've always wondered what kind of "chance" they were talking about in the Greater Essence verbage.
    I have a "chance" to win the Powerball this Saturday but I don't see that happening very often either.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Prophet of Telara

for mages there is a bugged greater that gives pretty permantly 175sp.. apart from that which needs fixing yeah.. buff greaters.

Rift Master

I think the beastmaster one is quite good too. But you need 50 stones for it (hard to get now) and special sigil/machine for it. So in the end.....

Champion

if you compare same quality and level the greaters do sort of edge ahead.

However theres isn't many level 50 purple greaters that arent trying to be something unique and different.

if they brought in extensions of the "good" greaters to the level 50 mark and made purple versions then they'd be competative.

Still makes me wonder why the stillmoor and such essences are 45

And of course if your focusing on 1 stat, the fact that there is no longer unique family equip issues you can potentiall gain there even over level 50 purple lessers.
    Last edited by Dasorine; 05-25-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalfirim View Post
    I think the beastmaster one is quite good too. But you need 50 stones for it (hard to get now) and special sigil/machine for it. So in the end.....
    Those epic 50 stone greaters are really good, but others are ****.
    Why would someone equip greater which has - chance to increase crit hit by 50 for x sec when u can equip lesser which gives u permanent ~40 crit + att and all other stuffs which comes with stats + resists?
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Rift Disciple

Anyone purchased any of the 50 sourcestone greaters? I'm curious if the shaman one that increases damage of winter storm by 15 is additionally affected by spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by CdrRogdan View Post
    Anyone purchased any of the 50 sourcestone greaters? I'm curious if the shaman one that increases damage of winter storm by 15 is additionally affected by spellpower.
    In general source stone effects are unaffected by spell power
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "MMO communities eat their young." -Genda

last i heard it wasnt affected by spellpower.

+ Reply to Thread