+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A bug tale: Deadly Charges?

Telaran

Default A bug tale: Deadly Charges?

Someone told me that the new deadly dance passive talent in the Bladedancer soul tree result in an enormous bug when (ab)used in combination with saboteur charges.
    It seems that the 105% bonus granted for 3 next combo point ability after hitting with a deadly strike works on all the 5 charges of a detonate using only one of the 3 "charges" of the deadly dance.
    It looks like an enormous bug to me!
    Somone can confirm it work in that way?

Quote Originally Posted by algol80 View Post
    Someone told me that the new deadly dance passive talent in the Bladedancer soul tree result in an enormous bug when (ab)used in combination with saboteur charges.
    It seems that the 105% bonus granted for 3 next combo point ability after hitting with a deadly strike works on all the 5 charges of a detonate using only one of the 3 "charges" of the deadly dance.
    It looks like an enormous bug to me!
    Somone can confirm it work in that way?

Sab is dead baby ..sab is dead ...
    Last edited by Cyborg; 05-25-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Champion of Telara

Its a well-known bug and abuse in the Rogue community..many "uber specs" are based around it since it causes the Charges to hit and dot for insane amounts..

You cant do anything about it until it gets fixed..and yes the Saboteur charges dont consume Deadly Dance therefor all 5 always get 105%, you just have to refresh it every 30 seconds and repeat.

A melee saboteur is a dead saboteur.

So he is trading his own life for yours. Fair trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Sab is dead baby ..sab is dead ...
    No, l2p.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Champion

even with such a bug, sab builds are only just managing the dps of other specs, its sad

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post
    even with such a bug, sab builds are only just managing the dps of other specs, its sad
    I know right? It's so sad that they can't get 2500 single target dps exploiting a bug...

:boggle:
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I know right? It's so sad that they can't get 2500 single target dps exploiting a bug...

:boggle:
    not its sad that they have to use a bug to be competative!

I can use this, hit the top 5 dps in the raid.

Or I can use my ranger build, be further back from combat, not use a bug and hit the top 3 dps.

Or I could use my melee dps build, be in the same position as the sab and hit 1st place on the dps charts.

and the only fights where you can even do this spec is infiltrator and plutonus... for the other bosses you will not be doing much deadly dancing...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    and the only fights where you can even do this spec is infiltrator and plutonus... for the other bosses you will not be doing much deadly dancing...
    What? I melee every single GSB and RoS boss.

The Sab/BD build is barely ahead of the normal melee specs for single target DPS. It does dominate AOE DPS, but 44sab 20sin 2rng is not that much lower, and you are DPSing from range with a simpler rotation.

Also, I'd love to see a parse of 2500 single target DPS with the bugged spec. Maybe someone did it on Plutonus without Cipher removed, or on Alsbeth if they ran 2-3 crystals at the end of the fight and counted that. Aside from that, I'm not buying it.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    What? I melee every single GSB and RoS boss.

The Sab/BD build is barely ahead of the normal melee specs for single target DPS. It does dominate AOE DPS, but 44sab 20sin 2rng is not that much lower, and you are DPSing from range with a simpler rotation.

Also, I'd love to see a parse of 2500 single target DPS with the bugged spec. Maybe someone did it on Plutonus without Cipher removed, or on Alsbeth if they ran 2-3 crystals at the end of the fight and counted that. Aside from that, I'm not buying it.
    There's no 2500 parse, that was just hyperbole. I felt it was necessary when rogues continue to play damage control on sabs.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

There's no 2500 parse, that was just hyperbole. I felt it was necessary when rogues continue to play damage control on sabs.
    I have yet to see a Sab/BD Plutonus parse that beats the 1700-1800 that some of the other melee builds are doing, so what is the problem? Obviously it's a bug and not working as intended, but it's not trivializing content or anything.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    I have yet to see a Sab/BD Plutonus parse that beats the 1700-1800 that some of the other melee builds are doing, so what is the problem? Obviously it's a bug and not working as intended, but it's not trivializing content or anything.
    It goes back to some threads in the rogue forum saying "OMG, 1.0 OP sabs are back! Everyone pretend they still suck!" posts. Nothing to do with PVE really.

Rift Master

It goes back to some threads in the rogue forum saying "OMG, 1.0 OP sabs are back! Everyone pretend they still suck!" posts. Nothing to do with PVE really.
    Funny, but if you go to the Rogue forums you will notice most people aren't running this build. Melee Ranger or BD/NB/SIN are the most common PvE builds. MM or NB being the most common PvP builds.

I'm not going to lie, one of my roles is a Saboteur/BD build that takes advantage of this bug. But I had this build before 1.2 (used it for increase dex to get into T2 zones). I only DPS about what my BD/NB/SIN does in single target. Now AoE, well I'll be honest. Nothing can touch my AoE damage.

As for the fix. I could care less. I have made plenty of posts about this bug and if it gets fixed good. If not I'll enjoy the AoE damage.

dmv

I don't use blade dancer and sab is fine in pvp AND pve.
    This bug will get fixed, I'm surprised it wasn't hot fixed.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Question

Tried it last night for 5 mins in the Boss Dummy and the DD buff did not tick even when i detonate...
    Couldn't tell if there was a DPS increase cos my parser didnt worked at that time
    but still 15secs buff with no -energy cost buff is 1.8 rotation...
    Most time was charging spike.Then build combos for DS and repeat.
    Is that OK?Still i prefer BD with bard!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast