+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Players soul inspection

Soulwalker

Question Players soul inspection

Is there going to be an option to where someone can inspect another players soul? or is it always going to be locked? just a thought. im a tank and there are many other tanks that i would love to see their souls and how they talent.

Champion

That type of information, if available at all, should be on a webpage, similar to VGplayers.

Sword of Telara

Doesn't exist currently. Due to privacy reasons, I do not really see this happening unless the other player being inspected consents to doing so (like sending you a link to their trade skills).

You could try to guess what souls they use by looking at the buffs they have available (assuming it's cast). Not perfect as it does not let you know what they spec for point-for-point. It does give you an idea what tank soul they are using though.

PS - The forums are a great source for builds. If you are looking for Warrior tank souls, I would refer you to either Krunnch's build or Ciderhelm's one. Both are amazingly good and detailed with alot of testing put through.
    Last edited by Blackblade; 05-24-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilburt View Post
    Is there going to be an option to where someone can inspect another players soul? or is it always going to be locked? just a thought. im a tank and there are many other tanks that i would love to see their souls and how they talent.
    Not needed. If you really need to know their build, ask them.
    This post is best viewed with

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shendar View Post
    Not needed. If you really need to know their build, ask them.
    ^ This

Some people work quite hard customizing their builds for their playstyle. I personally don't care, but some people don't want their hard work testing to be for everyone to use. If you want to know...ask

Xsi

Quality of life improvement: it should be a "link" like tradeskills but not part of any inspection. Uninvited inspection just leads to the issues plaguing games like WoW with everyone bashing everyone else because they prefer a particular playstyle over maximum DPS/heal/tank spec.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

God I hope not.

If an option for this was included in the game, people would constantly get kicked from groups solely because of how poorly they are specced

No please.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Rift Chaser

Rated the thread 1 star so there's no mistake that I think this a good idea in any way, shape or form

Shadowlander

Please dont make me fear the build natzis!

I got enough of that in certain other games.

NO!!!

Soulwalker

A players soul build shouldnt be available for everyone to see at whim, it will allow for people to exclude players from group without seeing how well they can actually manage their role. If you really want to know someones soul build then a tool already exists at zam rift, you can use their soul builder and lock in your characters build and then link it to whoever you want to see.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Blackblade View Post
    Doesn't exist currently. Due to privacy reasons, I do not really see this happening unless the other player being inspected consents to doing so (like sending you a link to their trade skills).
    Privacy Reasons? lol.....

What personal real life information is being ascertained by inspecting somebody's character again?

Reminds me of that whole WoW Armory threads already....
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Prophet of Telara

People running ****ty builds will be kicked from groups...I mean slightly faster than they already are because you can easily find out your dead weight within the first several pulls.

People running "unique" specs will have varied responses since some people might try to go pure cookie cutter only and others might be genuinely curious on new builds.

Personally I would like to see a feature like linking your souls for the added convenience of suggesting builds or skills. Out of game, Zam builder is fine, but it is a bit too out of the way to really convey anything about it.

The issue in general seems like it could be the same for examining a player's gear. If they are riddled with greens and somehow managed to get in a T2 they could get kicked. Similar to a player who is new to the game and very confused on builds.

I can easily see people's anxiety that others will bash their non-cookie cutter builds, but at the same time I don't support ****ty builds and complacency with them.

Plus aside from players who can't tackle T2 content, I would assume no one would bother to ask anyone about their build unless they were failing content, ie doing 150 DPS as a pure DPS spec in a T2, lulz.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast