+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: From an Archon player

Rift Chaser

Default From an Archon player

You know what annoys me the most?

Bards.

I'm sick and tired of their stupid buffs overwriting mine. I am sick and tired of their debuffs overwriting mine.

simple fix... dont debuff and dont cast weaker buffs then theirs... just saying

...Or just have longer duration debuffs have rule over lower ones. Theres a reason why you can't over-write Anthem of Fervor with Living Energy. Because one is clearly better than the other. 4min Duration = Better than the others and the archons GCD at-least does some damage during this time.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 05-24-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heynrich View Post
    simple fix... dont debuff and dont cast weaker buffs then theirs... just saying
    Then don't design the ENTIRE archon tree around having all of my aura's active, just saying.

Shield of Telara

Funnily if you could use Archon buffs as well as Bard buffs and they didn't over lap, apart from being insanely huge buffs total the whole Eradicate thing wouldn't be an issue as much because of the amount of buffs you'd all have.

A bard should never debuff since archons debuffs last 4 minutes and debuffs the same amount.
    Just sayin'. (PS: Ask bards to overwrite Living Engeries)

Soulwalker

I really wish trion make a pass in 1.3 for buff and debuf stacking/compatibility.even as a druid ,my satyr pet buff have been nullified when a bard is around..

if l staking with full effect is considered too powerful , staking with diminished return for example could solve the problem....

bards need to have 3 specific of their 5 motifs up to give you the 5% stat buff so they should overwrite yours

Shadowlander

A lot of fail in this post
    1. Archon buffs and debuffs are generally considered better point wise than a bards or pretty much anyone else in the game. If they wasn't you wouldnt see them in the raid at all.
    2. Bards have a 5% magical debuff compared to the archons 7% and their pyysical debuff is bigger too
    3. a BARDS anthom that grants armor is a 2 point more armor buff but costs the archon 4% damage 2% casting cost and 4% cast time. I guess if your not having a problem with downing the boss within the time limit and dps doesnt matter then sure use the bard buff.
    4. An Archon who is redebuffing is doing barely any potential dps if he has to spend 1.5 seconds debuffing its 1.5 seconds he cant increase raid attack and cast speed by 10% lower enemy damage ect. Sure he could rebuff all day because some ******* rogue or cleric or whatever is overwriting his buffs but then why bring the archon. Not only are you hurting the Archons potential dps which can exceed 800 on some fights but your hurting the entire raids dps. Sure force the archon to keep reapplying debuffs when you wipe from not reaching the raid timer you can blame those bards who want to cast stuff they have no bussiness casting. We actually make bards remove those 2 finishers from their bars during raids.
    5. If you don't need the 100 dps or more that a good archon brings for every one of your dps then dont bring an archon in the first place.

As an archon I have 3 priorities
    1. Keep my buffs up at all times if they drop I failed and need to immediatly reapply them
    2. Keep the mob debuffed with all 4 debuffs and situationally my cooldowns that increase my own and my raids dps.
    3. Do dps.

That is the priiority list for an archon. Just tell your raid to stop failing and leave the archons buffs alone.

And while I'm not a "great raider" in a "great guild" we have 3/5 in GSB down and 1/6 in RoS down and a lot of that was because of what I bring to the table enabling us to take several under-geared players with us and still make this accomplishment. As we get better specs and gear we'll beat those enrage timers by a bigger and bigger margin and we'll down the other 2 in greenscale and 5 in RoS. We can down 3 of the RoS bosses now but just didn't have the time.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by maniacwill View Post
    A lot of fail in this post
    1. Archon buffs and debuffs are generally considered better point wise than a bards or pretty much anyone else in the game. If they wasn't you wouldnt see them in the raid at all.
    2. Bards have a 5% magical debuff compared to the archons 7% and their pyysical debuff is bigger too
    3. a BARDS anthom that grants armor is a 2 point more armor buff but costs the archon 4% damage 2% casting cost and 4% cast time. I guess if your not having a problem with downing the boss within the time limit and dps doesnt matter then sure use the bard buff.
    4. An Archon who is redebuffing is doing barely any potential dps if he has to spend 1.5 seconds debuffing its 1.5 seconds he cant increase raid attack and cast speed by 10% lower enemy damage ect. Sure he could rebuff all day because some ******* rogue or cleric or whatever is overwriting his buffs but then why bring the archon. Not only are you hurting the Archons potential dps which can exceed 800 on some fights but your hurting the entire raids dps. Sure force the archon to keep reapplying debuffs when you wipe from not reaching the raid timer you can blame those bards who want to cast stuff they have no bussiness casting. We actually make bards remove those 2 finishers from their bars during raids.
    5. If you don't need the 100 dps or more that a good archon brings for every one of your dps then dont bring an archon in the first place.

As an archon I have 3 priorities
    1. Keep my buffs up at all times if they drop I failed and need to immediatly reapply them
    2. Keep the mob debuffed with all 4 debuffs and situationally my cooldowns that increase my own and my raids dps.
    3. Do dps.

That is the priiority list for an archon. Just tell your raid to stop failing and leave the archons buffs alone.

And while I'm not a "great raider" in a "great guild" we have 3/5 in GSB down and 1/6 in RoS down and a lot of that was because of what I bring to the table enabling us to take several under-geared players with us and still make this accomplishment. As we get better specs and gear we'll beat those enrage timers by a bigger and bigger margin and we'll down the other 2 in greenscale and 5 in RoS. We can down 3 of the RoS bosses now but just didn't have the time.
    A lot of fail in that post indeed.

1. A lot of archon buff, debuffs are unique or very different to a bards, those that aren't either stack or are on par.

2. Bards have a 7% magical debuffs same as archon, but archons lasts longer at 5 minutes rather than 1 minute, bard and archon physical debuffs are also same amount but with archons lasting a bit longer again I beleive, not that bards generally use either these, favouring either ending with a heal or a damage move.

3. Bard armour anthem is around 152 more armour, but is generally not used in favour of their much better anthems such as their resistance or cost reduction, and even movement speed is tended to be used over it to allow archons their aura.

4. Not sure what your on about here, theres very few bard buffs that overwrite something of yours that is either a) used or b) better or onpar, nothing that stops you being able to keep your damage going anyway.

5. Just what?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post
    A lot of fail in that post indeed.

1. A lot of archon buff, debuffs are unique or very different to a bards, those that aren't either stack or are on par.

2. Bards have a 7% magical debuffs same as archon, but archons lasts longer at 5 minutes rather than 1 minute, bard and archon physical debuffs are also same amount but with archons lasting a bit longer again I beleive, not that bards generally use either these, favouring either ending with a heal or a damage move.

3. Bard armour anthem is around 152 more armour, but is generally not used in favour of their much better anthems such as their resistance or cost reduction, and even movement speed is tended to be used over it to allow archons their aura.

4. Not sure what your on about here, theres very few bard buffs that overwrite something of yours that is either a) used or b) better or onpar, nothing that stops you being able to keep your damage going anyway.

5. Just what?
    Bard magic resist anthem overwrites the archon one, cost reduction and runspeed are the only anthems that wont kill an archon aura.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Bard magic resist anthem overwrites the archon one, cost reduction and runspeed are the only anthems that wont kill an archon aura.
    wasn't 100% sure wether it was one of the aura's or not, but yeah bard still has 2 other anthems to use and which will generally be used unless the archons resists aren't as good.

My raid group always used the bard resist as our archon wasn't 51 so didn't have the full 40 resists.
    Last edited by Dasorine; 05-25-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Ascendant

wasn't 100% sure wether it was one of the aura's or not, but yeah bard still has 2 other anthems to use and which will generally be used unless the archons resists aren't as good.

My raid group always used the bard resist as our archon wasn't 51 so didn't have the full 40 resists.
    archon resists arent as high, but you hurt everything else the archon does if they arent getting all the auras up, due to speed/power in numbers.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    archon resists arent as high, but you hurt everything else the archon does if they arent getting all the auras up, due to speed/power in numbers.
    can archons not get their resist buff to 40?

But when it comes down to resists... if they keep your dps alive its a bigger gain then not keeping them alive but having an archon do 4% more damage 2% faster for 4% cheaper.

Im pretty sure an archon could hit the 40 resist buff with their 30% talent increase though, so they'd be on par with bard who would then most likely be using fervor unless theres a lot of movement needed.

Ascendant

can archons not get their resist buff to 40?

But when it comes down to resists... if they keep your dps alive its a bigger gain then not keeping them alive but having an archon do 4% more damage 2% faster for 4% cheaper.

Im pretty sure an archon could hit the 40 resist buff with their 30% talent increase though, so they'd be on par with bard who would then most likely be using fervor unless theres a lot of movement needed.
    hmm, possibly.

the only archon ive used was combined with pyro for 5 mans, so i spent more points in improved damage with the 32 points than i did for improved auras, unless i needed filler to reach higher parts of the tree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast