+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Inq/Just/Sent build feedback

Default Need Inq/Just/Sent build feedback

I was playing around with the soul calculator and came up with this build today:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...VEkVgtkqz.V0xz

My thoughts behind this are I need a ranged dps spec but would also like it if this was contributing some healing as well while I do it (I already run with 2 full time healer specs, thought it never hurts though to have some extra heals if you can do it while dps'ing).

This build really hinges around if Reparation includes spells, it says damaging abilities so I have to assume they means spells as well as physical (melee). Any feedback people can provide would be greatly appreciated.

And on a side note, its baffling to me that caster dps for Clerics sucks so bad, its significantly less than my Druid/Sham/Inq build I'm using >_<
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Telaran

I run a 32 Inq/12 Sent/22 Justi build and swear by it for dungeon romps. Excellent for trash clears with great AoE dps while helping to keep the MT up on overpulls & 2 groups heals, one being conviction based, therefore a very cheap and strong insta-cast. You also have a purge which is necessary for some dungeons (ie: eDD)

I run with a full-time healer cleric and a Mage, with me in my dps role the Mage never needs to go chloro, so he can dps full-time as well.

The only weak side is single target, but it's respectable enough at ~500 dps, gear depending.
    Last edited by Zazen13; 05-23-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Its a good build. Nice for aoe farming as well. I believe there is a inquisicar guide on the forums which has a lot of information on that build.

A lot of my guildies use it for off healing and farming like I said earlier. It's fun as well as simple, make a ranged life macro so that you gain convictions and pop heals like crazy.

I have seen people go a little deeper into justicar so you can get a second mana regen ability as well.

Telaran

I run a similar build occasionally 44inq/12just/10sent, when I need more ranged damage or in Port Scion sometimes.
    You probably want at least 12p in Justicar for "Purpose" relying on "Aggressive Renewal" for mana reg alone might find you starved of mana at some point. If you plan to run instances with it you might even want 14p for "Righteous Mandate" when you DD your group healer will be grateful

It's a good build. Depending on what you want to do. For farming/levelling/grinding imho there is better shaman/Just/Inq build around, search this forum for "duracell"

In this build Vex is strong and you get a short AoE burst (Fanaticism+Souldrain) and a ranged AoE Damage with Circle of Oblivion and a lot of passive stuff which helps with your healing procs when fightin bigger mob groups.

This build is also good when in a 1v1 situation against mob or player when macroed correctly (or you have quick fingers and thinking ;))

To sum it up 44 in Inq works the other two might need tweaking depending on what you want to do, really.
    Last edited by Macabri; 05-23-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Plane Walker

I am running 44I/10S/11J for PvE. IMO its a very good spec. In PvP I am running 32I/29J/5T, I decided to get more survivability after the templar nerf by going higher in the Justicar tree to get -15% damage, +30ish% parry and the big heal. Also the snare and stun skills high in the templar tree are awesome in pvp, even with the cc nerf.

Obviously if I went 51I/10S/5T I could do considerably more damage, but I dont think it helps the team nearly as much. With just 11 points in Justicar I can rack up 100k healing in many scion battles. And well timed heals, stuns and snares can do as much to win as more dps on SH and Vex. In aoe battles the extra points in Inq dont really help much anyway. Now in open field 1-on-1 battles or very small groups it can be a different story, but even there I run with the 32/29/5 build just because I like to practice the same build and not constantly be switching back and forth.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

I worked up to the 44/11/11 build when leveling, but found I prefer the 38 Inq /16 Justi/12 Sent build instead. The 6 additional points in Inquis didn't really add anything I cared about, but the additional points in Justicar made it so I could actually take over for a dead MH who got himself killed in boss AE's while running regular CC and AP at level 48. Doubt I could in experts, but there's still a lot of healing in the build to go with its dps.

Telaran

I use 2 Inq/Just/Sent builds for pvp:

The first is 45/11/10, v. close to the OPs build. Decent dmg ability(aoe v. good), good utility and survivability, excellent group healing. I like this build but at times I felt a little squishier than I want to be in pvp...11 in Justicar doesn't provide THAT much survivability. Your mileage may vary based on valor and your team/competition, but when solo PUGing I wanted something a bit more sturdy.

With that in mind i've been using 33 inq/23Just/10Sent, and I really prefer it to the previous build. 23 in Justicar adds a ton of survivability with parry and dmg reduction, also extra cav procs, righteous mandate, sovereignity, and mein of leadership for ubertank fang carrying goodness. What you lose in Inq isn't nearly as useful really, except the extra damage on SH/vex. Same basic playstyle, burst dmg. is still ok with crit talents but you are much harder to kill IMO and have more group utility.

Biggest issue with justicar builds in pvp is eradicate being spammed by omnipresent marksmen, monitoring our disappearing buffs is a PITA.

Overall these builds are true hybrids...if you enjoy multitasking tank/ranged dmg/heals makes for an interesting playstyle. It's possible to lead a wf in damage, damage taken, and heals.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    I was playing around with the soul calculator and came up with this build today:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...VEkVgtkqz.V0xz

My thoughts behind this are I need a ranged dps spec but would also like it if this was contributing some healing as well while I do it (I already run with 2 full time healer specs, thought it never hurts though to have some extra heals if you can do it while dps'ing).

This build really hinges around if Reparation includes spells, it says damaging abilities so I have to assume they means spells as well as physical (melee). Any feedback people can provide would be greatly appreciated.

And on a side note, its baffling to me that caster dps for Clerics sucks so bad, its significantly less than my Druid/Sham/Inq build I'm using >_<
    This is almost exactly the build i've been using for more than a month now (which is also a 44/11/11). Both in pvp and pve. It's one of the best pvp builds around, and it is the best assist spec you can get in pve.

@Narcotico : With Rank6 gear, you can carry a pug by your own, usually finishing highest damage done, and healing done. I really don't like to play with less in inq, my single target burst damage really plummets a lot.
    Last edited by Tinu; 05-23-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Plane Touched

My take on it:
    • Remove a point from Luminous Gaze. Put a point into Justicar tree (for Purpose).
    • Remove 5 points from Unholy Tutelage. Put 5 points in Castigation.
    • Remove the points from Harsh Discipline and Lethargy. Put the 2 points in Contempt.
      (You'll get more healing from Contempt than you will from Harsh Discpline, over time, anyway. And Lethargy is useless, as since 1.2 my AR is proccing Lethargy even without it skilled (will probably be fixed within 2 years))
    Last edited by FatChocobo; 05-23-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Soulwalker

For 3 more points in justicar you can effectively double the tank healing you provide. for five more points you can provide intense burst tank healing in required phases with HB -> DoR x4 -> HB. Tutelage provides minimal benefits--agg renewal is enough, and purpose can be used in combation of HoR in phases of extreme AOE with gratuitous loyalties. 5 mans, anyway. You should be healing in raids most of the time unless you've got extra clerics o_O

Rift Disciple

My current build is 37 Inq/18 Sent/11 Justi.

I lose a little damage from Inq going 18 deep into Sent, but I get the AoE heal in case I'm out of convictions, Healing Invocation in case the main cleric dies and I have to pick up healing the tank, PtF for group damage reduction, cleanse, silence, and TtL for emergency HI/HC.

That is a pretty good build, but i went with this because I didn't want to sacrifice Touch the Light, Cleanse, Healing Invocation, Silence and Protect the Flock. See when I first theory crafted my build I was aiming to take as much stress off other healers as possible in the group but still be able to maintain a fair amount of dps. I can easily heal through trash in T2s without another healer and stay straight Inquisicar through T1s without any other healers. The Inquisicar is also really great for boss fights in T2s if you have a mage that can switch to chloro.

In addition, Touch the Light macored with Healing Invocation gives you a really nice emergency heal if the MH is CCed or can't keep up. It is also real easy to macro in your conviction builders with your doctrines also to provide the tank with a little extra heals.

No matter how you build it the Inquisicar is a boatload of fun to play.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

+ Reply to Thread