+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wizard/bloodmage

Default wizard/bloodmage

I really feel that if they do release a Wizard class they will be able to go a healing route that can still dps much like the blood mage from Vanguard. What do you guys think about the possibility? I also saw a thread about a wizard with armor on. Its a long shot but I can see them being like a off tank on trash using spells and armor but mainly keeping aggro. Almost like a wow druid where you would have a buff that would give yo max str etc. Ohh the possibilities they can do with a Wizard!

I loved my BMG to death, but risk repeating myself over and over and over again to why I love the class so badly. My posts over here describe my feelings for this class best

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=Blood+Mage

Regards,
    Kalbuir

I enjoyed my Blood Mage in VG for much of the same reasons you stated in that post. That class was just awesome!

Aggressive healing classes are an innovation that Rift should implement. Aggressive healing goes far beyond just being able to dps when not healing but it means doing considerable dps through healing.

Many players like doing damage and being able to contribute to both healing and dps makes a class much more interesting, flexible and enjoyable. There should be pure healing places of course, perhaps with some extra talent in burst healing.

Tanks do damage while doing their main job, tanking , why not healers? Melee or caster healers are both viable. Healing scaled by damage is an interesting twist but it makes balance more difficult. A buffed damage healer may be overpowered while a not buffed damage healer may be gimped.

I liked Vanguards Bloodmage and Disciple classes and also enjoyed the LOTRO Runekeeper concept although it feels more clunky because of the slow switching between healing and dps. I usually choose tanking or melee dps classes but healing through damage made the healer role enjoyable enough that I invested considerable time into my healers.

I hope the devs reconsider dual targeting unless there is another way around the problem of having split offensive and defensive targets.

If healer classes are ultimately boxed into 100% healing roles, it would make the game or at least healing much less attractive, to me at least.

Trion (and everyone really) should definately look at VG's Disciple and Blood Mage, and WAR's Disciple/Warrior Priest when trying to make fun, mold-breaking healer classes.

+ Reply to Thread