+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Purges.

Ascendant

Default Purges.

I think it's time to start classifying certain buffs as undispellable and/or moving purges up to the 4th or 5th tier minimum. Every warrior has purge, every dps cleric has purge, every undergeared marksman devotes himself to nothing but purge. It's a bit much now.

Comment re MM - gross over generalisation ??

Class-defining buffs -- Lifegiving Veil, Salvation/Cavalier, Guardian Phase, and so on -- should not be able to be purged. HOTs, fine. Party buffs, fine. Shields, fine. But taking off the buffs that basically facilitate the entire role of a specific Soul is ridiculous (especially on a spammable purge with a GCD shorter than any other class's). It's a really cheap way to essentially take someone out of a fight

aux

While they're at it, I don't really need to see those class-defining buffs in people's buff list either, they're blocking my view.
    I'm so BORED

Pye
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Class-defining buffs -- Lifegiving Veil, Salvation/Cavalier, Guardian Phase, and so on -- should not be able to be purged. HOTs, fine. Party buffs, fine. Shields, fine. But taking off the buffs that basically facilitate the entire role of a specific Soul is ridiculous (especially on a spammable purge with a GCD shorter than any other class's). It's a really cheap way to essentially take someone out of a fight
    So explain your thinking when it comes to warden, which is 90% or more HoT's?

Just asking

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    While they're at it, I don't really need to see those class-defining buffs in people's buff list either, they're blocking my view.
    ^This
    Last edited by Pye; 05-20-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pye View Post

Just asking

^This
    All purges should have a 5s cd per buff removed. For example necro purge removes 1 buff and has 5s cd, inq purge removes 2 and has 10. But MM purge removes 2 and has no CD. . .
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Pye View Post

Just asking
    I can't make a definitive judgment honestly because I don't know exactly how purge affects, for example, Soothing Stream (does it remove all 4 stacks at once or one at a time?). Keep in mind that Wardens are also 90% or more the reason that people complain about how OP Cleric healers are and they seem to be managing fine with the spammable purge. Riftstalkers (you lose 30-40% of your health re-applying Guardian Phase) and Chloros (worthless without LGV) get completely screwed over in particular, as do melee Clerics.

I suppose the difference is that you can still heal if your HOTs are being purged off (Wardens can manage multiple targets, and the purge does no damage), but you can't tank without GP, you can't heal without LGV, and you can't do anything without Salvation / Cavalier / Reparation. Spamming purges on certain classes disables them entirely, but doing that alone on a Warden wouldn't.

Just put Offensive Dispels on the Diminishing Returns list, since that seems to be the lazy way of balancing PVP.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    All purges should have a 5s cd per buff removed. For example necro purge removes 1 buff and has 5s cd, inq purge removes 2 and has 10. But MM purge removes 2 and has no CD. . .
    All buffs should be at the top of the tree then. 44points isn't peanuts like all the other purges spend in a tree to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    All buffs should be at the top of the tree then. 44points isn't peanuts like all the other purges spend in a tree to get.
    I'd put 44pts in a tree if it meant I could remove the ability for, say, a Marksman to deal ranged damage.

After all, you've got melee weapons. Use them!
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

If LGV is non removable, we'll have the same problem as in 1.1 again - unkillable Chloromancer combinations.

I'd say remove the CD from LGV and it's cool - just have to pay attention to if it is up or not and recast if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post
    If LGV is non removable, we'll have the same problem as in 1.1 again - unkillable Chloromancer combinations.

I'd say remove the CD from LGV and it's cool - just have to pay attention to if it is up or not and recast if necessary.
    Unkillable chloro combinations got their nads cut off with the mitigation nerf to archmage, purges easily removing neddara's essence, and the overall endurance nerf pvp gear took. If you can't kill a chloro of any build in 1.2 without purging LGV off of him, you suck. Especially with how much damage rogues are putting out now.

Eradicate shouldn't be meant to give MM's a free pass against every cleric and mage on the field.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-20-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Unkillable chloro combinations got their nads cut off with the mitigation nerf to archmage, purges easily removing neddara's essence, and the overall endurance nerf pvp gear took. If you can't kill a chloro of any build in 1.2 without purging LGV off of him, you suck. Especially with how much damage rogues are putting out now.

Eradicate shouldn't be meant to give MM's a free pass against every cleric and mage on the field.
    Not to mention cloudy poison still prevents flourish and bloom from being instant cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post

I'm 100% fine with that, but it should be off the GCD as well. By the time I put it up, I've been focus-Eradicated again and it's gone before my NT/VS lands.

It's just ******ed how much of an oversight this was. They'd earn a lot of respect from the Chloro/Cleric community if they paused the stupid hotfixes to LFG (which, with the number of Low Pop shards, is useless) and fixed these things that just make us /facepalm.

Edit: Also, when the F*CK did they remove the LoS post-cast thing they supposedly fixed?
    Last edited by Stigas; 05-20-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    I'd put 44pts in a tree if it meant I could remove the ability for, say, a Marksman to deal ranged damage.

After all, you've got melee weapons. Use them!
    That's exactly his point. Where's the balance in a 44 point purge being exactly the same as a 10 point purge? We have to give up awesome damage and awesome survivability to get a purge. What does Inquisitor have to give up exactly?
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast