Thread: Purges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceol View Post
    and triggers GCD.
    Cause eradicate doesn't?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    Cause eradicate doesn't?
    rogue GCD is 33% shorter than every other calling

ignoring the cooldowns on purges, opportunity cost on every other calling for purging is and always will be higher than the opportunity cost to a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    rogue GCD is 33% shorter than every other calling

ignoring the cooldowns on purges, opportunity cost on every other calling for purging is and always will be higher than the opportunity cost to a rogue.
    This is the response I expected. It still triggers our GCD.

Changes to all Purges should be like this;

1) 6 sec Cooldown, Triggers a GCD.
    2) Requires 11 points in the Tree to grab
    3) Can be upgraded further down the tree to have a 50/100% chance to purge 2 buffs, but increases the cooldown by 1/2 sec. (ie. Branched to 26 points minimum)
    4) Cannot dispel Class-Required Buffs, but can still Purge HoTs, Shields, CD Buffs (ie. Increased Damage by 20% for 15 sec can be purged), and remove stat increases like Endurance+40, Spring Buffs, or Archon Increases. Aura's can be purged off the Caster, but not people affected by them, etc.
    5) Should all have a regulated Range, like 15 yards on all Purges, making it middle ranged*
    6) Shouldn't build charge, AP, Combo Points, etc. It's a choice to weaken your enemy you shouldn't be rewarded by being allowed to Purge Spam to Finishers, etc.
    7) PvP Souls should have a point that increases your resistance to purge by 10/20%
    8) For callings that can get multiple purges, they should all share the same Cooldown.

By essentially stream lining Purge, people can't complain about certain ones being more powerful then others as they're all the same. It'll chock it up to which Soul is stronger, and how skilled the player is. Now, if all Souls were balanced to the point that we could play whichever we wanted and not be handicapped it would be ideal, but its not. So, those 8 Points are what I think should be done to Purge to kind of balance it.

*A note on the Medium Ranged, a Caster still doesn't want to be face-to-face with a Angry Warrior, or a Sneaky Rogue, but a Warrior and Rogue don't want to be kited by a Mage who is just sprinting around them.
    Zeidolion - Mage - Lotham (PvP)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zeidolion View Post
    Changes to all Purges should be like this;

1) 6 sec Cooldown, Triggers a GCD.
    2) Requires 11 points in the Tree to grab
    3) Can be upgraded further down the tree to have a 50/100% chance to purge 2 buffs, but increases the cooldown by 1/2 sec. (ie. Branched to 26 points minimum)
    4) Cannot dispel Class-Required Buffs, but can still Purge HoTs, Shields, CD Buffs (ie. Increased Damage by 20% for 15 sec can be purged), and remove stat increases like Endurance+40, Spring Buffs, or Archon Increases. Aura's can be purged off the Caster, but not people affected by them, etc.
    5) Should all have a regulated Range, like 15 yards on all Purges, making it middle ranged*
    6) Shouldn't build charge, AP, Combo Points, etc. It's a choice to weaken your enemy you shouldn't be rewarded by being allowed to Purge Spam to Finishers, etc.
    7) PvP Souls should have a point that increases your resistance to purge by 10/20%
    8) For callings that can get multiple purges, they should all share the same Cooldown.

By essentially stream lining Purge, people can't complain about certain ones being more powerful then others as they're all the same. It'll chock it up to which Soul is stronger, and how skilled the player is. Now, if all Souls were balanced to the point that we could play whichever we wanted and not be handicapped it would be ideal, but its not. So, those 8 Points are what I think should be done to Purge to kind of balance it.

*A note on the Medium Ranged, a Caster still doesn't want to be face-to-face with a Angry Warrior, or a Sneaky Rogue, but a Warrior and Rogue don't want to be kited by a Mage who is just sprinting around them.
    I was with you till you mentioned Archon.. considering all the hoops they have to jump through to set up, I think not, gotta be some other way to solve that issue.
    Last edited by Teriza; 05-20-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

<3 u fulminate

Quote Originally Posted by Teriza View Post
    I was with you till you mentioned Archon.. considering all the hoops they have to jump through to set up, I think not, gotta be some other way to solve that issue.
    I actually thought about that after, and thought that maybe Archons could get a point somewhere thats Passive and makes it so that they can't be Purged of the Archon Buffs, but allies effected by them can still have them taken off. Or something along those lines, simply because the Archon kicks his own butt to make everyone else stronger.
    Zeidolion - Mage - Lotham (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeidolion View Post
    I actually thought about that after, and thought that maybe Archons could get a point somewhere thats Passive and makes it so that they can't be Purged of the Archon Buffs, but allies effected by them can still have them taken off. Or something along those lines, simply because the Archon kicks his own butt to make everyone else stronger.
    But you see, that's one of the odd things. Archon Buff Aura's affect every ally as long as they are in range, you don't have to cast them on someone, as long as they are close by they get the effect. If you're standing next to an Archon and someone purges the buffs off of you, you have to run out of range and then back into range to get them again. They're passive aura's on everyone but the Archon himself, yet can be purged even though you're still within range of the Archon.

Where's our hotfix on this Trion? We really don't want to have to wait until 1.3 for this garbage to be resolved.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Where's our hotfix on this Trion? We really don't want to have to wait until 1.3 for this garbage to be resolved.
    There are more pressing matters. Like whole talent tree being obsolete in pvp thanks to combined damage and CC spell component immunity bug. Oh, wait a sec, you don't play a warrior and exact same problem with stormcaller got fixed immediately. Looks like we got Gershed again.
    This post is best viewed with

Quote Originally Posted by Shendar View Post
    There are more pressing matters. Like whole talent tree being obsolete in pvp thanks to combined damage and CC spell component immunity bug. Oh, wait a sec, you don't play a warrior and exact same problem with stormcaller got fixed immediately. Looks like we got Gershed again.
    Dominators want a word with you.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

MM purge just needs a 10 sec CD and it's fine. Some buffs do need to be unpurgable or just plain changed to passive abilities. One or two of wardens hots should be unpurgable, since it is the way they heal.
    bird in cage
    bird peck on button to get food
    bird peck on button get food randomly, bird pecks constantly
    They play you like a stupid bird.
    Unfortunately that has been MMO standard operating procedure since EQ.

lud
    Champion

Shouldn't be able to remove class defining things like rogue and cleric tanking phases.
    The games pvp is almost worse then lotro's.

Quote Originally Posted by lud View Post
    Shouldn't be able to remove class defining things like rogue and cleric tanking phases.
    The games pvp is almost worse then lotro's.
    wow had the same problem for a bit, they change the class defining buffs so that they could not be removed after they had alot of sub losses. if trion doesnt follow suit i see many people leaving the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4