+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seesaw balancing Fail

Ascendant

Default Seesaw balancing Fail

After another night of eating 900-1.2k crits to the face by Marksmen (in the 30-39 bracket) that can't be cc'd, I've finally come to the conclusion that Trion doesn't know what the hell they're doing. Its like pre 1.1 Sabs all over again, only MMs kill you faster.

This just in:

DPS souls have been DPSing all night... More at 10.
    Last edited by Ratkin; 05-19-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Doesn't get any better at 50.

Rogues cried hard and got what they wanted. 4-5 completely dominant specs.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    After another night of eating 900-1.2k crits to the face by Marksmen (in the 30-39 bracket) that can't be cc'd, I've finally come to the conclusion that Trion doesn't know what the hell they're doing. Its like pre 1.1 Sabs all over again, only MMs kill you faster.
    So it's okay for Warriors to crit for that much as well as Mages ( mainly Pyro's ) ?

In my view, depends on what class you are when being hit by an MM, if you're a Mage then expect that much damage, if a Warrior then don't expect it.

And just thinking about it, if it was in a warfront I would probably say that amount of damage in that bracket would be boosted by the red orb.

Dam warriors/mages are crybabies. What happened rogues not a sure kill anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    Dam warriors/mages are crybabies. What happened rogues not a sure kill anymore?
    Lol.

Allow me to point you to some of the anti-Pyro threads from Rogues pre-patch.

Bads will always be sure kills. This patch just made good Rogues an absolute nightmare.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    So it's okay for Warriors to crit for that much as well as Mages ( mainly Pyro's ) ?
    Nobody else is hitting that hard in the 30-39 bracket. Even funcom doesn't fail this hard at pvp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post

In my view, depends on what class you are when being hit by an MM, if you're a Mage then expect that much damage, if a Warrior then don't expect it.

And just thinking about it, if it was in a warfront I would probably say that amount of damage in that bracket would be boosted by the red orb.
    50 marksmen can easily crit for 500 once a second, expect 1500+ from finishers.

PvP is balanced somewhat around the assumption that people will not be able to do dps like its a pve encounter. The rogue 1s GCD combined with instant attacks, CC immunity timers and 35m range kinda breaks this basic assumption.

Meanwhile 6k+ fulminates and 2k+ AoE Brocaller spam still rock the 50s bracket. Warriors have a string of attacks that crap out 4k damage in 3s while you're stunned. Shaman Clerics can guaranteed crit your face in half once every couple minutes.

If you're already whimpering in the 29 bracket, you might not be able to handle crying yourself to sleep all the way to R6.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Meanwhile 6k+ fulminates and 2k+ AoE Brocaller spam still rock the 50s bracket. Warriors have a string of attacks that crap out 4k damage in 3s while you're stunned. Shaman Clerics can guaranteed crit your face in half once every couple minutes.

If you're already whimpering in the 29 bracket, you might not be able to handle crying yourself to sleep all the way to R6.
    Still have yet to be crit over 4k by a fulminate.

I may be waiting a long time for that, most everyone has moved to stormcaller these days since it deals decent damage outside of the 45s cooldown. Almost everyone that was actually a high enough pvp rank for the 30% crit wasnt in pyro so perhaps thats why i never really saw it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post

Well having played a shaman to 50 on a dead server, I can see already you're pretty much clueless. Shaman dps in pvp is crap, even with RoTN up for a whopping seven seconds every two minutes. Pyros are stupid, yes, heavily geared warriors with two or three dedicated healers breastfeeding them are stupid, yes, but at least we knew what to expect. My problem is that those issues still haven't been adressed and now we have a new round of stupid. MMs now are worse than Sabs ever were.
    Last edited by Vember; 05-20-2011 at 05:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread