+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class idea Entropy Mage

Default Class idea Entropy Mage

The Entropy mage is a support/dps character with an emphasis on buffing/debuffing. Going on the principle that nothing can be created or destroyed, only altered in form, and that everything has a natural tendenacy to seek a balanced state, the entropy mage uses his energy(mana) to shift the balance for the benifit of the group. Debuffing the enemy to buff the group, syphoning power from the enemy to give to the group, etc. Additionally they have the ability to balace energy states across the group ( think divine arbitration for mana). The hallmark of all of the entropy mages abilites would have to be balance though. as such their offensive spells would be a little.. different. If they want to do freeze an enemy then the heat would have to go somewhere so they would have a spell that froze what was at the epicenter and would have a fireball radiate out from them to represent the heat rapidly leaving the target. This could make for some very interesting combinations.

Great class idea, Lewin! And some nice thoughts. ....I could imagine this class without an effort due your description. And Entropy Mage sounds also cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    If they want to do freeze an enemy then the heat would have to go somewhere so they would have a spell that froze what was at the epicenter and would have a fireball radiate out from them to represent the heat rapidly leaving the target. This could make for some very interesting combinations.
    I don't really get this part. Do you mean like, you freeze the enemy and he turns into ice? then the heat comes in and kinda removes the ice on the enemy and shoots out a fireball and maby cause it to burn instead?

Anyway the other part that i could understand sounded pretty interesting.

Fresh idea for a Mage class! I've seen too many sterotype magic users....

Anyway, Entropy in itself is a really cool concept for game mechanics. It would have made for an awesome class in a game where you could alter and use the game's environment.

Here's a description of what entropy means. Mostly it represents the thermodynamic feature of "unusable" energy or the disorder of a physical system.

enĚtroĚpy (ntr-p)
    n. pl. enĚtroĚpies
    1. Symbol S For a closed thermodynamic system, a quantitative measure of the amount of thermal energy not available to do work.
    2. A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system.
    3. A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.
    4. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.
    5. Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.

Ozon, that's the part that needs work.

As you can see the debuff to buff part makes perfect sense and keeping every ones energy equal is not hard either. But now you are presented with a problem and the only real solution would be healer not caster imho.

You steal hp to gain hp. You now have somewhere it's coming from and it's going to. You could substitute ice for a snare debuff which would give you a speed buff. You could also say that the spell adds delayed energy that has to be released or cause sever damage to you.

So what I mean is say you cast an ice nuke, you have to cast a fire nuke before the time is up, or the energy will explode in you and cause a lot of dmg to you. And to add to the fun, say you have a spell that adds any energy left in you. Say you have some fire and some earth energy left in your body, you use this melt spell, which does fire damage, because you have fire energy and it deals earth energy because you have earth energy and you have to think about some kind of meteor shower that hits a target and really deals a lot of dmg.

Maybe add one other spell to make something from the energy you have only works out of combat or that as soon as you are out of combat the energy goes in the air and releases from you. It's silly to die from mobs that die in 1 shot.

Great class idea Lewin! I'd love to try that out.

I know that this is way necro posted, but either I read trion's mind or they decided to do something similar to this with the Archeon

If anything...I do like the name.

Zac
    Plane Touched

sounds really like archon mage soul...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    The Entropy mage is a support/dps character with an emphasis on buffing/debuffing.
    its called Archon

ITT people not seeing that Lewin necroposted his own thread to point out an "I called it" moment.

exactly, either I read their minds, or they liked the idea and ran with it, although is more likely the former

+ Reply to Thread