+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it intended that Bards can now main heal almost every instance?

Champion of Telara

Default Is it intended that Bards can now main heal almost every instance?

With the recent Rogue buffs, one ancillary change in that Bard healing was increased substantially to the point where they can main heal almost every instance, while at the same time putting some of the best buffs in the game.

I am not sure about exactly all that changes that make this possible. One change is I have read is that most Bards now take the Bladedancer soul for the "Deadly Dance" Talent, which raises the damage of your next 3 combo-point generating skills (i.e. Cadence) after using the finishing move "Deadly Strike" by 21% per combo point. That means after a 5 point Deadly Strike, your Cadence now does considerably more damage, as well as considerably more healing.

Is it intended that the Bard soul can main buff, and main heal at the same time?
    Last edited by Brad1959; 05-19-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

So you're telling me that Bards can do 1k HPS to a single target now?

I'm have a little trouble believing that.

General of Telara

In before someone starts yelling to nerf Bards /facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Thanks to blade dancer buffs, 1k hps is now possible. I suspect that Trion will eventually nerf blade dancer, or move the key ability further up the blade dancer tree.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

So to get 5 combo points the bard has to use Cadence first which gives 3 combo points and takes 2 seconds to channel, then a Power Chord which gives 2 combo points and takes 1 second. Then the Deadly Strike which takes 1 second.

At this point 4 seconds have already passed and only about 250HP have been healed (from one application of Cadence to get the first 3 combo points).

So now the Bard can heal 1,000 HP per Cadence which their next 3 Cadences, which takes 6 seconds and heals 3,000 HP - 500 HP per second - after which the bard has to either restart the rotation (taking 4 seconds with only 250 HP healed) or "Riff" > Deadly Strike again (2 second with 0 healing) to get the 500 HPS again.

Alternatively they can use Riff > Virtuoso > Coda of Restoration for 15 seconds of 900 HPS - which is on 3 minute cooldown.

I'd say they maybe be able to heal through normal instances with that, but it is going to be a real pain in the *** - and no way that a bard can heal through a T1 or T2.

In conclusion:

In theory Bard may be able to heal through a normal instance, but until I see a video of this I will just take this as an urban myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post
    So to get 5 combo points the bard has to use Cadence first which gives 3 combo points and takes 2 seconds to channel, then a Power Chord which gives 2 combo points and takes 1 second. Then the Deadly Strike which takes 1 second.

At this point 4 seconds have already passed and only about 250HP have been healed (from one application of Cadence to get the first 3 combo points).

So now the Bard can heal 1,000 HP per Cadence which their next 3 Cadences, which takes 6 seconds and heals 3,000 HP - 500 HP per second - after which the bard has to either restart the rotation (taking 4 seconds with only 250 HP healed) or "Riff" > Deadly Strike again (2 second with 0 healing) to get the 500 HPS again.

Alternatively they can use Riff > Virtuoso > Coda of Restoration for 15 seconds of 900 HPS - which is on 3 minute cooldown.

I'd say they maybe be able to heal through normal instances with that, but it is going to be a real pain in the *** - and no way that a bard can heal through a T1 or T2.

In conclusion:

In theory Bard may be able to heal through a normal instance, but until I see a video of this I will just take this as an urban myth.
    Put some points into blade dancer and start abusing deadly dance. To my understanding, it's more than doubleing the damage of your combo builders, and it's now the new thing to do until it gets changed. Blade dancers needed some love, but that talent needs to be moved pretty deep into the tree. For a 13 point investment, it's pretty redonk.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

SKu
    Telaran

First off, this is incorrect.
    Secondly, I do this now without BD as one of my souls.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Put some points into blade dancer and start abusing deadly dance. To my understanding, it's more than doubleing the damage of your combo builders, and it's now the new thing to do until it gets changed. Blade dancers needed some love, but that talent needs to be moved pretty deep into the tree. For a 13 point investment, it's pretty redonk.
    Even if it's possible to generate that much HPS, in order for this technique to work, the Bard has to be in melee range. There are numerous T1/T2 fights making that very difficult and some even impossible for them to pull that off and be "main" healer.

As a tank, there's no way you'll convince me to allow a bard to be my primary healer under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpax View Post
    Even if it's possible to generate that much HPS, in order for this technique to work, the Bard has to be in melee range. There are numerous T1/T2 fights making that very difficult and some even impossible for them to pull that off and be "main" healer.

As a tank, there's no way you'll convince me to allow a bard to be my primary healer under those circumstances.
    Well, Idk what to tell you mate but bards can and do solo heal expert content at this point. Some of them like to claim that it's because the PVE content was dumbed down (and I'm sure that's part of it) but thanks to buffs to other souls in 1.2, bards in the know are putting out more hps than they were pre 1.2.

There's posts about it in the rogue forums. Check them out for more info.

One thing I love about the rogue forums is that their sense of community makes that board pretty useful. Wish the mage community was more like that.

SKu
    Telaran

I would love to watch a bard main heal AP's last boss.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    With the recent Rogue buffs, one ancillary change in that Bard healing was increased substantially to the point where they can main heal almost every instance, while at the same time putting some of the best buffs in the game.

I am not sure about exactly all that changes that make this possible. One change is I have read is that most Bards now take the Bladedancer soul for the "Deadly Dance" Talent, which raises the damage of your next 3 combo-point generating skills (i.e. Cadence) after using the finishing move "Deadly Strike" by 21% per combo point. That means after a 5 point Deadly Strike, your Cadence now does considerably more damage, as well as considerably more healing.

Is it intended that the Bard soul can main buff, and main heal at the same time?
    Too much theory crafting and not enough practical application. 32 Chloro / x Archon heal for more and have the same buffs while doing more damage at the same time.
    Characters: Taldren, Sohwyn, Mythander, Paldren.
    RIFT (Sunrest) - Guardian - Irony || WAR (PT/Gorfang) - Alliance - Irony
    WoW (Azgalor/MT) - Order - Ravens || DAoC (Percival) - Hibernia - Ravens of the Veil

They nerfed the difficulty this last patch.
    And they can't.
    They can heal some instances and not all the way thru.

And is STILL worse healing that Clerics and Chloro. Who can do all of them all the time, all the way thru.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Rift Disciple

virrt is down and i need to heal burst... wait a min let me build 5 CP.... sec need to run into melee range to DS.... wait now i need to back off before i die from AOE/frontal/cone attacks.... wait now i can cast 3 cadence spells for more HP....wait your dead already.... sorry.

works in theory but not in practice. better support yes, but main healer for experts... i doubt it, maybe with a fully decked trinket'd char, but again id love to see it.

chloro has the ability to heal far better, along with archon they buff far better. yes one is a healer one is support but the mage soul has greater synergy than rogue soul for supporting.
    Devotion/Octobeast - Aion - Uprising
    Orion - WAR - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - AOC - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - Lineage2 - RK/Uprising
    Orion - DAOC - Nolby Pride
    Orion/Smoke - UO - 6i6/-7-

Well, the fact that they can main heal doesn't always mean they should. Yeah, some fights it's not gonna fly so well on, where as a chloro or cleric will have an easier time of it.

I have no problems with bards healing more personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post

In conclusion:

while tank is running to mob you use riff to get 5cp and deadly strike at the start of combat before the tank has even taken any dmg, then start the cadence spam. you lose no time on heals, and nothing close to 4 seconds!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast