+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are You one of these Epic PvP Failures?

Telaran

Default Are You one of these Epic PvP Failures?

All I see on this forum is people crying about how some class just owns them.

Well here is my question to you... Did you guys know that in rift WFs are a team game? So why the hell are you out fighting some guy in a warfront putting yourself in a position to get owned?

I asked myself these questions earlier and I realized all these people crying imbalanced are the same people that will be out in the boondocks fighting instead of pursuing the objective of the wf, or the person running into battle as soon as he spawns instead of waiting for some support.

So... you guys QQing are just epic failures at pvp. Learn to play and you might realize the balance is not as bad as you think it is.
    Last edited by Not4dead; 05-19-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not4dead View Post

Well here is my question to you... Did you guys know that in rift WFs are a team game? So why the hell are you out fighting some guy in a warfront putting yourself in a position to get owned?

I asked myself these questions earlier and I realized all these people crying imbalanced are the same people that will be out in the boondocks fighting instead of pursuing the objective of the wf, or the person running into battle as soon as he spawns instead of waiting for some support.

So... you guys QQing are just epic failures at pvp. Learn to play and you might realize the balance is not as bad as you think it is.
    Wrong the main QQ in here is "My class isnt flavour of the month nerf everyone else or i quit"

Telaran

"So... you guys QQing are just epic failures at pvp. Learn to play and you might realize the balance is not as bad as you think it is.

"Wrong the main QQ in here is "My class isnt flavour of the month nerf everyone else or i quit"
    Pretty much the same thing imho.

People tend to be a LOT worse than they think themselves to be.

Look at any of the class forums and read how many people are "always tops in KB/damage in warfronts" .
    I guess everyone is tops in KB/dmg in every WF.

Also, half the people that do PvP think that [killing other players] are another DPS race that they can bring their best target dummy PVE spec to (and win)
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post

Look at any of the class forums and read how many people are "always tops in KB/damage in warfronts" .

Also, half the people that do PvP think that [killing other players] are another DPS race that they can bring their best target dummy PVE spec to (and win)
    But, but, I really am the top KB/dmg in every WF! Now all I need to do is convince the pugs that all they should do is pocket heal me and we will win...
    Last edited by MrGrimm999; 05-19-2011 at 06:37 AM.
    Abraxis, 50 guardian mage - Seastone

Shadowlander

That's the problem with games that have no death penalty to speak of. Failing doesn't actually hurt and you don't lose anything if you suck. Sure some "leet PeeVeePeers" might flame you in /ra but that's about it.

That's also why I find PVP so pointless/meaningless in games like WOW and Rift. You can't "hurt" other people or be "hurt" yourself so what's the point?

If you're looking for a game where scrubs get punished for being fail then I can recommend EVE Online. The only MMO with a decent death penalty which causes people to give their best (or die in a fire and/or cry a lot). If people suck then you can even kill them yourself (no silly faction based crap - anyone who you can see can be killed by anyone, anywhere).

Or I guess you could try Darkfall Online... if you can stand the mindbogglingly boring 3 month grind.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Not4dead View Post

0/10 ..........

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post

Agree!

I finish in the top 3 dps all the time. But im not that good at PVP if im honest. Against bad players i can look average lol but put me against a decent PVP player and i can be made to look silly.
    Though im getting better recently.

Although the argument about team play is true, a pvp game will fail if developers don't take 1vs1 balance into account aswell.

That's why it's so hard.
    Bajdovan - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeus D View Post
    Although the argument about team play is true, a pvp game will fail if developers don't take 1vs1 balance into account aswell.

That's why it's so hard.
    Lucky for us this is a PvE game than huh?
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Xsi

What we need on this forum is under the voting option to have another option that states "troll thread". After "x" amount of "troll" votes, the thread gets locked. You are only allowed 1 "troll vote" per day. Problem solved.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Lucky for us this is a PvE game than huh?
    Dunno what u mean, but the game has both pve and pvp (yea it's true )
    Bajdovan - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeus D View Post
    Dunno what u mean, but the game has both pve and pvp (yea it's true )
    No, this is a PvE game that has PvP in it.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzel View Post
    Wrong the main QQ in here is "My class isnt flavour of the month nerf everyone else or i quit"
    pretty much hit the nail square on the head
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    What we need on this forum is under the voting option to have another option that states "troll thread". After "x" amount of "troll" votes, the thread gets locked. You are only allowed 1 "troll vote" per day. Problem solved.
    Wait a second... I make a thread about how the game isn't as bad as most trolls like to say it is and I'm the troll? Or are you referring to all the people that make threads screaming imbalanced?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast