+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Intensifywave?

Telaran

Default Intensifywave?

Someone knows why Intensify Elements (top tree elementalist skill) CD is resetted by Heatwave??
    I think it's not a Fire Spell..after all it streghten alementalist elemental..and there is no fire elemental pet that i know..
    It looks like a bug to me...and a over abused OP one..

Known since Beta/Alpha testing.

Still here.

Either working as intended or our dev just hasn't got around to it yet.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Telaran

I see..
    Well I simply think it's not fair rouge's not-actually-bugs (the trick with Flashback and the fang) to be "fixed" while Mage's bugs are not.
    And I hope it's a bug: it would be like Sboteur's Carpet Bombing to reset Markman's Strafe CD!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by algol80 View Post
    I see..
    Well I simply think it's not fair rouge's not-actually-bugs (the trick with Flashback and the fang) to be "fixed" while Mage's bugs are not.
    And I hope it's a bug: it would be like Sboteur's Carpet Bombing to reset Markman's Strafe CD!
    or like sabo skills not consuming BD deadly dance stacks? oh, wait...
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Telaran

What you mean?
    I don't know what you are speacking off: you mean that deadly dance don't work with charges or that there is a bug that let it affect charges while it dosen't use stacks??

Quote Originally Posted by algol80 View Post
    Someone knows why Intensify Elements (top tree elementalist skill) CD is resetted by Heatwave??
    I think it's not a Fire Spell..after all it streghten alementalist elemental..and there is no fire elemental pet that i know..
    It looks like a bug to me...and a over abused OP one..
    If you look at IE as being ALL elements you'd see why something affecting fire would also apply to it ;)
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    If you look at IE as being ALL elements you'd see why something affecting fire would also apply to it ;)
    That's actually a way of looking at it that I hadn't. It does indeed say elemental damage in IE and Fire is classified as one of the elemental damage types. LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    That's actually a way of looking at it that I hadn't. It does indeed say elemental damage in IE and Fire is classified as one of the elemental damage types. LoLz
    I like it lol

I hadn't heard that pyros dumping 31 points in ele for pvp was QQ worthy. Why am I not suprised?
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I like it lol

I hadn't heard that pyros dumping 31 points in ele for pvp was QQ worthy. Why am I not suprised?
    I've tried it and while it seems awesome, it's really not. It's basically 30s of Controlled Opportunity, pre-nerf, but you don't get to cast Fulm and CB only once really. Then you're stuck with Fireballs, even though they hit hard, it's just not worth it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    I've tried it and while it seems awesome, it's really not. It's basically 30s of Controlled Opportunity, pre-nerf, but you don't get to cast Fulm and CB only once really. Then you're stuck with Fireballs, even though they hit hard, it's just not worth it.
    Well, as a p6 mage I can say that it is in fact awesome and the only pyro spec I would touch. The 10% mitigation from tier 2 ele isn't something to overlook either, nor the 2 on demand absorbs + 1 proc abs. Also, ignite.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 05-19-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Well, as a p6 mage I can say that it is in fact awesome and the only pyro spec I would touch. The 10% mitigation from tier 2 ele isn't something to overlook either, nor the 2 on demand absorbs + 1 proc abs. Also, ignite.
    Ignite is ******ed with the right spec, especially since it's mobile and spamable. Still, pyro needs overload like fat kids need insulin.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Ignite is ******ed with the right spec, especially since it's mobile and spamable. Still, pyro needs overload like fat kids need insulin.
    Tempest = Overload.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Tempest = Overload.
    Yeah I know, it's just that it's a cost/reward thing for me. That many points dumped into a pet class for what amounts to +10% resist and crit chance, vs half the investment for +15% damage, increased crit, a better shield, a buff stripper, and detaunt...hard to justify the point expenditure for me is all.

Well yes this would be a bug. But as most people tend not to report things that are beneficial for them.

IE Living Shells mana "gain" on hit not reduction. Will still seems to not work right.

Bugs are bugs and if the class sucks without that bug then something needs to be balanced, not abused. d
    Last edited by wallweasels; 05-19-2011 at 05:35 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    Well yes this would be a bug. But as most people tend not to report things that are beneficial for them.

IE Living Shells mana "gain" on hit not reduction. Will still seems to not work right.

Bugs are bugs and if the class sucks without that bug then something needs to be balanced, not abused. d
    But is it a bug? All elements should classify it as a water, air, fire, earth, death and life spell and thus gain any bonuses other spells give to such spells.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast