Closed Thread

Thread: Changing roles in rift

Soulwalker

Default Changing roles in rift

Can anyone explain to me how changing roles work. I have not tested this out yet in beta but I see you can change your role for X amount of gold. Is it that you can select a different build of souls from your calling and freely switch between them?

Let's say you have 3 souls. Assassin and Ranger and Bard

You currently have 20 points in Assassin and 6 in ranger and you don't have the bard soul equipped at all.

If you buy a 2nd role, you can set up your 3 souls in any other combination. So for example, you can set it up with 20 points in Bard and 6 in Assassin, so you're more of a support class.

So now you have two roles: DPS role - Assassin/Ranger and support role - Bard/Assassin.

So if you're running around as 20/6 Asn/Ran and a group is looking for a bard, you can press 1 button and "wham!" you're now your other soul, which is 20/6 Bard/Asn. You can swithc between those two souls as much as you want, anytime you want, as long as you're out of combat.

Each role saves a separate hotkey loadout, so all your hotkeys change to your other role. You can have up to 4 roles that you can change on the fly.

For example, i had 2 roles in Beta3, one of them had a pet class for my 3rd soul to allow me to solo better, while the second role was meant for groups, in which i didn't need a pet, so i had a soul that allowed me to regen mana faster.
    Last edited by Arieste; 01-04-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Soulwalker

Ok I understand now. Thank you for clearing that up!

Soulwalker

Do you purchase the new "roles" from your trainer? Or somewhere else?
    Thanks.

Soulwalker

I have a question as well. Can you swap out different souls as well as skill loadouts? For instance say I have a justicar / shaman / warden setup for group dps...could I then swap it out for justicar / shaman / Druid for soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by JKFarias View Post
    I have a question as well. Can you swap out different souls as well as skill loadouts? For instance say I have a justicar / shaman / warden setup for group dps...could I then swap it out for justicar / shaman / Druid for soloing?
    yeah, you can have up to 4 different roles for whatever situations and playstyles u want. just each role gets more and more expensive. I think my 2nd role cost 50g, the 3rd one was amost 4 Plat, not sure what the 4th one will cost

Soulwalker

The answer can be found here.

I'm trying to minimize the amount of new threads asking about the soul system, so please rate/bump my guide if it helps you!

Telaran

The section in that link is TMI for something simple.

Go to Sanctum ( or whatever Defiants major town is ) ...find the guy with your quest (can only have 1 of the quests at a time ). Go to ANY rift, use the item to summon the soul, kill it, use the other item, and then turn in the quest, done.

Closed Thread