+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: offensive classes die too much in WF so we should have shorter respawn time!

Default offensive classes die too much in WF so we should have shorter respawn time!

In response to the justicar buff whining,

I propose that non-healer classes/souls should have shorter respawn time in graveyard when we die! We die so much, we should spend less time waiting for respawn. Look at those healers/justicars, they can stay longer in fights, so we offensive squishy classes should not waste so much time in graveyard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

I can assure you that you probably die less than healers, it's one of the reasons that healers get less favor, they are always dead.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyhana View Post
    I can assure you that you probably die less than healers, it's one of the reasons that healers get less favor, they are always dead.
    lol, what!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Seriously, most decent players will focus healers - healers that are silenced or have their hots purged etc are pretty squishy.

In pre-mades it is a different story, but in PuGs you'll see that the blue names are more often dead.
    Last edited by Dreyhana; 05-18-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyhana View Post
    Seriously, most decent players will focus healers - healers that are silenced or have their hots purged etc are pretty squishy.

In pre-mades it is a different story, but in PuGs you'll see that the blue names are more often dead.
    While I agree that healers in any game will always be focused, part of being a good PvP healer is learning how to deal with that - a well played healer is very difficult to kill (part of why it's worth it as a healer to have such crappy offense, because you great defenses). A healer that is dead most of the time is not much of a help to the group.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 05-18-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Sez

There should be a WF where all you can do is /hug and /kiss people. Whoever gets the most love points in 5 minutes wins a carebear!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I realize this is a troll thread, but it actually makes sense from a MDPS point of view.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

If you're dying a lot it sounds like an issue with yourself not the game.
    Rebuffing on death is a game issue not an individual player one.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Well i can agree its very annoying getting a 30 second wait when the enemies are attacking your base :P
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Soulwalker

Default unfair? you have the choice...

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    In response to the justicar buff whining,

I propose that non-healer classes/souls should have shorter respawn time in graveyard when we die! We die so much, we should spend less time waiting for respawn. Look at those healers/justicars, they can stay longer in fights, so we offensive squishy classes should not waste so much time in graveyard!
    Why not start a cleric? No one forces you to do a dps. You still do most damage even when spending a lot of time in respawn. You want to have all. Probably also mage plate-armor.

Rift Master

I got it.

MDPS should have 0 respawn time. In fact, they should be able to respawn from their corpse within 5 seconds.

When a Cleric, MM or Pyro Rank 5 or higher actually dies, they should stay dead. Permanently. In fact, their characters should be deleted and they should have to level a 50 all over again before they get back into the WF. Same with Assassins, since they don't really count as Melee DPS... they're a class of their own: Invisible DPS.

This would average the downtime of both groups to be about even.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 05-18-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Sez

You forgot the FotM marksmen too.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Whats with the Cleric hating?

I never understood having a 30s Respawn timer. I mean, it's great if you get there with 1-2 seconds before it respawns everyone, but if you get there right after it sucks! It takes longer than 30 seconds to get back and fighting most of the time, so why not just do like FPS and have a 5s respawn, I don't play FPS's but I believe that's the timer. It's not game breaking but would I would LOVE it if respawn timers were 5s instead of 30.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    While I agree that healers in any game will always be focused, part of being a good PvP healer is learning how to deal with that - a well played healer is very difficult to kill (part of why it's worth it as a healer to have such crappy offense, because you great defenses). A healer that is dead most of the time is not much of a help to the group.
    I am calling BS on that. When the other team focuses on killing healers, healers die pretty quickly. Yes there are some things an experienced cleric can do to help, but the fact is when a bunch of people are attacking you, you are going to die faster than the people they arent attacking. Come on.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast