+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Devs post your builds :d

Rift Disciple

Default Devs post your builds :d

Hey hey,

Just wanted to see if i would get a response from the devs and wondering if they could tell us what they play in the game

class - main souls

would be nice to see what you all run

Rift Disciple

I highly doubt the will, just saying, most MMO's devs/moderators etc have like one devs build highly inflated with stat, that would be impossible for a normal player to make (could in the case of rift be they had a 66/66/66 build maybe) and then they have a normal player toon as well they play on that they are to act as if they are just a normal player, and can't tell anyone that they are a dev when playing that
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

Rift Disciple

Can you imagine the explosion of QQ if a dev actually posted on these boards what class they play? It wouldn't even matter what spec they play, if a game dev posted that they enjoy any class, be it flavor of the month, OP or a 22/22/22 Necro/Pyro/Stormcaller. The trolls would burn up their keyboards with hatespam.

In beta some dev talked out what he enjoys to play a lot, I think it was inquisitor, not sure.

But really to the above posts, who cares lol

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Avyn View Post
    In beta some dev talked out what he enjoys to play a lot, I think it was inquisitor, not sure.

But really to the above posts, who cares lol
    Given the inquisitor parses and gameplay, the guy is probably not working for them any more. Need more love.

Well we know Gersh likes bright wizards ... I mean pyro's
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawninioub View Post
    Given the inquisitor parses and gameplay, the guy is probably not working for them any more. Need more love.
    You can't read? ENJOYS TO PLAY not I AM GM IS PLAY HIGHEST DPS SPEC I PWN N00BS ALL CLONE MY SPEC PLZ.

Gersh runs 66pt Pyro.

Shield of Telara

I seriously doubt they would ever post what they play. It would cause too much drama related to X soul is getting too much attention because Y developer is playing it. They work on souls as they appear to need help. There is about 10,000 different variables that determine if a soul is going to be powerful or weak. And the combinations of those souls are what make each unique. Min/Maxers in general are going to gravitate to a small cluster of specs. That can be seen already searching the forums.

Also, if they were to give a specific spec people would then end up asking why did you choose that item over this item. Listening to the Podcast from a week ago I am of the conclusion that alot of the developers don't play the game nearly as hardcore as some of us do. They gave statements like, "I am still leveling my main but have started about 5 different alts." Which means they aren't playing the endgame as much as we are at this point. They are still in the this is neat, got to find each quest and exploration phase of the game. Not the must grind out better gear portion.
    Last edited by Relanex; 05-18-2011 at 06:34 AM.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Quote Originally Posted by Relanex View Post
    ... Listening to the Podcast from a week ago I am of the conclusion that alot of the developers don't play the game nearly as hardcore as some of us do. They gave statements like, "I am still leveling my main but have started about 5 different alts." Which means they aren't playing the endgame as much as we are at this point. They are still in the this is neat, got to find each quest and exploration phase of the game. Not the must grind out better gear portion.
    This is very much the truth. Some of my friends have worked in the industry for years now (Funcom, SOE, EA...to name a few), and they rarely have time to play games outside of working on them, and when they do they tend to play games other than the ones they are working on.

People forget that this is a job for them. They dont have endless hours to sit there playing, and the certainly dont make x class OP'd cuse it benifits them directly. It's laughable when people suggest that current game inballances are due to a dev's personal class choice.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dezyne View Post
    Can you imagine the explosion of QQ if a dev actually posted on these boards what class they play? It wouldn't even matter what spec they play, if a game dev posted that they enjoy any class, be it flavor of the month, OP or a 22/22/22 Necro/Pyro/Stormcaller. The trolls would burn up their keyboards with hatespam.
    Someone in WoW did this and said they played a Warlock and someone else said they played a Paladin, forever after that it was used to complain about warlocks and paladins being op.

Hmm reminds me on that strange 7 Pyro 2 Cleric 1 MM Warfront i had the other day....

Crescende, Beauty of War - Rank 8 Warrior
    -Do not try to solo me-
    Current Shard: Icewatch

They aren't going to post what they play..because they don't play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Madicen View Post
    This is very much the truth. Some of my friends have worked in the industry for years now (Funcom, SOE, EA...to name a few), and they rarely have time to play games outside of working on them, and when they do they tend to play games other than the ones they are working on.

People forget that this is a job for them. They dont have endless hours to sit there playing, and the certainly dont make x class OP'd cuse it benifits them directly. It's laughable when people suggest that current game inballances are due to a dev's personal class choice.
    Normally i would agree with you, however it has been proven that Adam gershowitz did just that. Bright wizards went untouched in war for literally half a year because Adam played it. As a result Sorc's were also on the same level except utility. He is also doing the same thing to RIFT. Like mythic, trion is putting up with his **** idea's and going along with it.

Luckily for us Adam does not have such a large grip on trion like he did with mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Gersh runs 66pt Pyro.
    He puts the extra 15 pts into the conflagration tree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast