Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Thinking about returning to Rift

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default Thinking about returning to Rift

    Posted this in the rogue forum at first, but I thought that should post it here too.. Since I hope to get a more Honest and accurate answer here.

    "Hey guys!
    I quit playing rift a soon as my paid time ended.. and that was just after the 1.1 bomb was dropped.
    I played a sabo(Who did not?!), but I always wanted to play a MM.... Which weren't a visible spec in PvE nor PvP.

    I got really pissed after that patch and felt like the class balance in the game was completely broken, plus a ton of another things that that i did not really like.

    I have been looking at the forums now and then, just too see where the game is heading. And I'm finally starting to see a really great game emerge from the shadows.

    I just wanted to hear you guys thoughts about the game so far.
    Does the patch-notes "lie"? or is there cheese at the end of the tunnel?

    Thank you for taking your time. "

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    haha so the class you play is nerfed and so instead of riding it out you just leave?

    and now the class you play has been buffed and suddenly the "game has come out of the shadows"

    sorry I just had to laugh a little at that


    to answer your question though, as far as i can tell the game just keeps getting better and better the dps charts on bosses show all 4 callings around 1-1.2k dps which is pretty balanced IMO

    rogues and mages and clerics are all doing very well in warfronts without one calling being grossly more OP than another (warriors are arguably UP)

    its not perfect though, just be warned you might get nerfed or others might get buffs, so play what you enjoy

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    haha so the class you play is nerfed and so instead of riding it out you just leave?

    and now the class you play has been buffed and suddenly the "game has come out of the shadows"

    sorry I just had to laugh a little at that


    to answer your question though, as far as i can tell the game just keeps getting better and better the dps charts on bosses show all 4 callings around 1-1.2k dps which is pretty balanced IMO

    rogues and mages and clerics are all doing very well in warfronts without one calling being grossly more OP than another (warriors are arguably UP)

    its not perfect though, just be warned you might get nerfed or others might get buffs, so play what you enjoy
    I did not really know that the MM was so buffed.. Thats not the reason why I'm thinking of returning, and the reason I left weren't only because of the sabo nerf..As i said, it was a number of reasons.

    I'm also thinking about playing a cleric, not only a rogue.

    the reason I'm thinking about returning is mainly because of the class balance fix and the LFG system, Expert changes, PVP changes, Crafting changes, rifts etc..almost everything has changed to the better imo, from what i have read in the 1.2 patch-notes and hotfixes... Thats why am asking you guys what you think of the game after the patch.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker TJ74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    415

    Default

    those who can answer - play
    those who cant answer - quit
    which will u ?

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    those who can answer - play
    those who cant answer - quit
    which will u ?
    I actually made up my mind.. I'm coming back at the end of this month.

    But I still want to hear you guys thoughts.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker The Grixxitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    399

    Default

    There's still (and always will be) issues to be looked at concerning balance, but the Rift team has done an astounding job in a very short amount of time fixing things.

    That being said; come, go, whatever, the loss is truly yours.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

  7. #7
    Plane Walker TJ74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    415

    Default

    play anything but warrior
    most things are balanced in a broad spectrum ; anything can be nit picked to death
    game is still the game from beta ; not high replay value after maxing the first toon on each side. still same ole same ole
    best part of game is soul system

    if u quit for anything other than a nerf, u will prolly quit again
    if u quit because of a nerf, u will quit again

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    play anything but warrior
    most things are balanced in a broad spectrum ; anything can be nit picked to death
    game is still the game from beta ; not high replay value after maxing the first toon on each side. still same ole same ole
    best part of game is soul system

    if u quit for anything other than a nerf, u will prolly quit again
    if u quit because of a nerf, u will quit again
    Who knows.. The main reason I quit was because it felt like the game was "not finished", I always said to my friends that the game should have been in beta for like 6-12 months more (And I know the issues with having such a long beta).

  9. #9
    Plane Walker TJ74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    415

    Default

    ehh, u will quit again i bet.
    game has the same feel ; to me its always felt finished though

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    ehh, u will quit again i bet.
    game has the same feel ; to me its always felt finished though
    I'm not asking you if thing this is going to be a long game experience for me, so please stop talking about me quiting again or not.
    Who cares if I quit again or not.. It's just about 12 anyway...

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KAPAOW View Post
    I'm not asking you if thing this is going to be a long game experience for me, so please stop talking about me quiting again or not.
    Who cares if I quit again or not.. It's just about 12 anyway...
    Then what are you asking?

    Our experience, won't be yours and vica versa. Some people like the game, some don't. Some people stay, some leave. You didn't like the game before, making it more than likely you won't like it now either.

    It's irrelevant if you quit because of numerous reasons, all combining to make it unplayable to you. Or if you just had a single point you disliked. Either way, the end result is it either hasn't been changed, or you'll end up in a similar situation in the near future.

    End result is, we can't give you an answer, as the only one that matters is your own. Play, don't play, it only matters to you anyway. If you like it now, stay. If you don't like it, leave.

    After all it's "just about 12 anyway"

    //Unbound

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirensis View Post
    Then what are you asking?

    Our experience, won't be yours and vica versa. Some people like the game, some don't. Some people stay, some leave. You didn't like the game before, making it more than likely you won't like it now either.

    It's irrelevant if you quit because of numerous reasons, all combining to make it unplayable to you. Or if you just had a single point you disliked. Either way, the end result is it either hasn't been changed, or you'll end up in a similar situation in the near future.

    End result is, we can't give you an answer, as the only one that matters is your own. Play, don't play, it only matters to you anyway. If you like it now, stay. If you don't like it, leave.

    After all it's "just about 12 anyway"

    //Unbound
    I don't understand why its so hard for people to say what they think of the changes in the game so far...

    I'm asking what YOU think.. not what you think that I am going to think.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Avyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pink Unicorn Land
    Posts
    241

    Default

    We don't care OP.


    kkthxbye.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avyn View Post
    We don't care OP.


    kkthxbye.
    Wow.. This forum haven't changed...

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Avyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pink Unicorn Land
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KAPAOW View Post
    Wow.. This forum haven't changed...
    Hasn't changed*

    And really, we don't care if you come back or not, we do not know you nor do we want to.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts