+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Far to many Buffs to cast when you die ( Justi / Shaman )

Default Far to many Buffs to cast when you die ( Justi / Shaman )

Pls Trion do something about all these buffs that needs to be cast all the time after you die or swap soul-spec.
    You dont think about it as much when you swap spec, because thats not somthing you do all the time.
    But when im in Warfront or doing a Riftboss, and im in my Justicar / Shaman spec I have atm 7 buffs that I have to recase every single time I die.
    If its a rough boss that can be pretty annoying. When in Warfronts you see everyone run away way before you when you re-spawn. 7 global cooldowns to be back in buisness is along time when time is ticking you know.

You should make buffs stay when you die. Only buffs that you can cast on others should be lost. This I say because its such a big diffrence between classes when it comes to how many buffs you really need to re-apply to be ok in combat again.

/signed

I have 8 or sometimes 9 buffs to cast before jumping back into the fight.

What about riftstalker and missing 40%+ of your hp after every respawn?

I need to cast 6 buffs and then drink every time I respawn.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Its stupid !
    It would be ok if everyone had that many buffs to cast, but most only have 3 or somthing.

Soulwalker

guess the best solution would be not losing the buffs after death and just spawn with 100% HM/MP in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Risty View Post
    guess the best solution would be not losing the buffs after death and just spawn with 100% HM/MP in PvP
    Aye, but its also a problem for those that run 100:buffs-classes in raids.

"pls trion play my gamez for meh and winz pvp, i dun wanna click buttonz!!!!111"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    What about riftstalker and missing 40%+ of your hp after every respawn?

I need to cast 6 buffs and then drink every time I respawn.
    this, way worse than for clerics imo, yes a justicar/sham have maybe 1 or 2 more not exactly sure, but for a rogue tank... well first guardian phase, then planebound resilience, and combat pose, BEFORE going back to the fight (but at this point we are still somewhat squishy and with about 50% HP or less), and then we need to build up our CP's to get both Rift Guard, guarded steel and false blade up as well

All of these are needed for us to gain max survivability, where if im not wrong as a just/sham specially the buffs from sham side aren't that critical to perform well, since those are a bit more offensive oriented (not saying you don't need them or anything, but just that it not a disaster either if you skip them
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear View Post
    this, way worse than for clerics imo, yes a justicar/sham have maybe 1 or 2 more not exactly sure, but for a rogue tank... well first guardian phase, then planebound resilience, and combat pose, BEFORE going back to the fight (but at this point we are still somewhat squishy and with about 50% HP or less), and then we need to build up our CP's to get both Rift Guard, guarded steel and false blade up as well

All of these are needed for us to gain max survivability, where if im not wrong as a just/sham specially the buffs from sham side aren't that critical to perform well, since those are a bit more offensive oriented (not saying you don't need them or anything, but just that it not a disaster either if you skip them
    Welp, if you're a justicar tank for example:
    Mien - same as guardian phase, so missing half your health
    Cavalier - Unable to build combo points without this
    Salvation - Unable to passively self heal
    Reparation - unable to passively group heal
    Dark Harbor - Needed to add some mr that rogues get in guardian phase
    Shaman heart - see dark harbor

Soulwalker

I only have 1 buff, and Im pretty happy with that

Anyway, why should anyone buff themself if there is a MM running around cleansing everything away ^^ save your time, go nacked and without buffs into the battle grounds

LOLLLLLL go back to wow

You think Clerics have it bad. Try playing an Archon. Granted our buffs aren't as gamebreaking, but it takes far longer to get them up.

5 Archon buffs - 1 GCD each
    Searing Vitality - 1 GCD
    Rock Slide - 6s Channel
    5x Pillaging Stone - 1.8s cast each
    Ashen Defense - 1 GCD
    Crumbling Resistance - 1 GCD
    Lingering Dust - 1 GCD

Total time - 28.5 seconds

By the time you finish getting all of those up you will probably have died. Lmao. It would be nice if buffs lasted through death in WF's. Not that matters with all the Purge spamming going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Avyn View Post
    LOLLLLLL go back to wow
    I'm sorry, does WoW allow this? Last time I played it didn't and I'm fairly certain nothing has changed. So what exactly is this post suppose to accomplish? Oh, that's right, NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    I'm sorry, does WoW allow this? Last time I played it didn't and I'm fairly certain nothing has changed. So what exactly is this post suppose to accomplish? Oh, that's right, NOTHING!
    I'm sorry, what is the well known MMO for dumbing down the genre? Ohh right.....
    Last edited by Avyn; 05-18-2011 at 06:10 AM.

It isn't difficult to change, and I don't believe it would make any difference to game functionality.
    Simply make Mien and Guardian phase persist through death so we res with proportion of health based on our 'stance'. Attach Salvation, Reparation and Cavalier as passives to both Miens (providing they are selected in Sould build). There are no circumastances where you would not want these buffs active as far as I know and they are essential to function in the tanking role and not dispellable.

Other buffs should remain castable and dispellable.

At the moment, there is no point combat rezzing cleric tanks as they are not able to perform in that role for at least 10 secs as they are as squishy as the healers until buffed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast