+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How Bad the Imbalance Is

pro

Default How Bad the Imbalance Is

it is truly sad when a ranged rogue spec badly out damage a mage spec. i have dueled several MM who have insta burst me downeven if the burst is only for the first 10secs in that first secs you can kill 2 mages which is riducoulous and dont even get me started on Assasins if they catch me in my SC spec and im not near my team if i cant put a slow up and but shields up im dead even faster even against sucky players. But you guys get mad at all the pyros that you see burning you down. Trion your forcing everyone into these specs because they are the only way to survive a MM and Assin made BD and NB completly vanish from WFs. And pyros as lovely as they are shouldnt be the only appealing soul choice for pvp SC is very nice deals good damage but it take too long to build it up and once it is built someone most llikey already killed what you were targetting and the damage isnt really that nice unless you have 3+ then its really nice but 1v1 its mediorce at best.
    Even rogues admit that these specs are OP and are milking it while it last mages werent exactly nerfed they were just tweaked to not be as insta death in 1 or 2 shots by giving a 5sec interval inbetween their 2 main nukes something similar to this would be a good idea to place in for these 2 specs so they lose their luster but arent insta death within 4seconds.
    Last edited by pro; 05-17-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Stormcaller Complain of Rogue
    Guess you get to see everything on internet
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    You're doing it wrong.
    how am i doing it wrong thier is only so much you can do when stunned then dead
    Last edited by pro; 05-17-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Soulwalker

I agree. My mage is like level 37 and in warfronts rogues are hitting me for 1500 dead-eye normal hits while my cinderbust crits for like 1100. I just don't see how I'm supposed to kill someone with instant cast shots hitting 400, same as my 2 sec cast fireball, and their instant finisher hitting 1.5k while my cinderburst can only be used 10% of the time and only hits for around 900. Added to that the fact that rogues have lower global cool down so they can cast those instants a lot faster helps them a lot. And this is against pyro the supposedly op ones. I usually use other specs and those don't even compare.
    But, i'm only level 37, so this probably changes a bit at 50 since supposedly mages (pyro) are op.

pro

Quote Originally Posted by freecw View Post
    I agree. My mage is like level 37 and in warfronts rogues are hitting me for 1500 dead-eye normal hits while my cinderbust crits for like 1100. I just don't see how I'm supposed to kill someone with instant cast shots hitting 400, same as my 2 sec cast fireball, and their instant finisher hitting 1.5k while my cinderburst can only be used 10% of the time and only hits for around 900. Added to that the fact that rogues have lower global cool down so they can cast those instants a lot faster helps them a lot. And this is against pyro the supposedly op ones. I usually use other specs and those don't even compare.
    But, i'm only level 37, so this probably changes a bit at 50 since supposedly mages (pyro) are op.
    post patch we were now we look sad compared to MM

good mages can kill mm bad ones get rolled and post qq threads

added 75% of these 1.2 mm's are poo anyways 50% of those are the 0dmg eradicate spammers
    Last edited by Shakeebones; 05-17-2011 at 06:58 PM.

General of Telara

i agree with shakee, stormcaller dont even fear the debuff since they dont need to buff. leaving plenty of time to kill the mm

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by darkchicken View Post
    i agree with shakee, stormcaller dont even fear the debuff since they dont need to buff. leaving plenty of time to kill the mm
    So what do you do against rogues then? i'm really trying to learn, I have seen mages tear rogues apart but seems that whatever I do i get killed before I can get 1 cast off.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by freecw View Post
    I just got out of that bracket a couple days ago on my rogue, and with my ranger/nb spec, with all damage buffs going and opening with dark malady then shadow fire on someone, my finisher could crit around 1k. My highest was like 1.2k with red bull I think. Almost every other rogue I saw was MM or assassin, and I never saw them hit higher on me, than I did on them. I also had pretty good gear. There is no way that 1.5k is non crit. Crit maybe, with all damage buffs going, red bull, and you being debuffed, but that is not normal at all if it happened.

pro

You trolls can go elsewhere because like it or not your going to get nerfed to timbuktu and back since trion has a tendency to make rogues ridicously OP then make them completly forgotten about i honestly cant wait till mages are on top when balancing is done. Its been like that in every game mages or warriors are the top on survival and damage the cleric is immortal unlessed cced and the rogue is stealthed hoping to find someone almost dead so he can feel good about himself

good rogues with the right spec, rotation, and situational awareness are op, they are supposed to be able to easily 1v1 people. Its just what they do

Mage are the glass cannon, you do insane damage but need to be atleast semi protected to do so (although i'm hard pressed not to say pyros arent op since any old button masher can do it)

also dont compare soul balance before you hit 50, you just dont do it as ap and sp scale differently
    Last edited by j3w3l; 05-17-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Quote Originally Posted by j3w3l View Post
    good rogues with the right spec, rotation, and situational awareness are op, they are supposed to be able to easily 1v1 people. Its just what they do

Mage are the glass cannon, you do insane damage but need to be atleast semi protected to do so (although i'm hard pressed not to say pyros arent op since any old button masher can do it)

also dont compare soul balance before you hit 50, you just dont do it as ap and sp scale differently
    Pyros do insane burst damage. Mages don't. MM damage is very comparable now to all other mage souls, even SC when you factor in that an MM doesn't need as much setup as a stormcaller does.

Once pyro damage gets nerfed, well...Yeah. Fun times ahead.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Sorry but Pyro and SC both outdps MM. And as soon as they do something about LGV Chloro will be able to survive them, which in turn will make Warlock functional.

Not going to feel sorry for a Class that is, what amounts to, a bug fix away from 4 great PvP souls. And a better actual PvP soul in Archmage.

MM has the advantage on a Mage with range and movement speed, not dps and not survivability.
    A Mage getting healed is way more dangerous than a MM getting healed.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Pyros do insane burst damage. Mages don't. MM damage is very comparable now to all other mage souls, even SC when you factor in that an MM doesn't need as much setup as a stormcaller does.

Once pyro damage gets nerfed, well...Yeah. Fun times ahead.
    Well the MM _should_ do as much damage as dps mages since they are as squishy and if you spec to get the high damage then you don't have stealth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    You trolls can go elsewhere because like it or not your going to get nerfed to timbuktu and back since trion has a tendency to make rogues ridicously OP then make them completly forgotten about i honestly cant wait till mages are on top when balancing is done. Its been like that in every game mages or warriors are the top on survival and damage the cleric is immortal unlessed cced and the rogue is stealthed hoping to find someone almost dead so he can feel good about himself
    Mages have been on top and are stille xtremely powerful.

OP is a bad player and a serial complainer.

Nothing to see here - move along. just random bad QQ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast