+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: Opinions on class balance post 1.2

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Foehammer25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    395

    Default Opinions on class balance post 1.2

    I think classes are fairly balanced these days, other than warrior.

    With the new update to rogues they are much better.

    Warriors on the other hand excel at nothing atm. Warriors can tank and dps in pve. Unfortunately, other classes are better tanks, and other classes are better at dps. No reason to have a warrior in a pve group.

    Pvp, warriors are the worst class by far unless they have a pocket healer. There are good players who can overcome the difficiencies of warrior in pvp, but the other 3 classes only need an average player at the helm. No reason to have a warrior in a premade pvp group.

    In essense, no reason to have warriors in the game atm. People still play them tho. Melee clerics are OP in pvp and no one plays them lol.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Zilvereen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer25 View Post
    No reason to have a warrior in a premade pvp group..
    Indeed , "guard" is so not needed right?

    edit : and dont even get me started about "subdue" , such useless skills for premades groups......................
    Last edited by Zilvereen; 05-17-2011 at 03:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Title should read "my opinion of warriors on pvp" since thats all you stated.

    And lots of people will disagree with you.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Foehammer25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XEshamX View Post
    Title should read "my opinion of warriors on pvp" since thats all you stated.

    And lots of people will disagree with you.
    No. It's for opinions of all kinds. I chose to comment on warriors. I wish differing opinions were correct, but as of right now I am right about warriors.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Foehammer25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilvereen View Post
    Indeed , "guard" is so not needed right?

    edit : and dont even get me started about "subdue" , such useless skills for premades groups......................
    Guard sucks. It is not like the guard in Warhammer. It's on a cooldown and you have to spec into the pvp tanking side of the tree to get it. No one any good uses it in premades. In premades, warriors are best as dps as long as the premade can heal him/her effectively. You do not know warriors Mr. Mage. Your agenda is to keep warriors inferior.

  6. #6
    Telaran Firagatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    58

    Default

    From a PvP point of view:

    Rogue: Assassins & MM variations are quite powerful. They deal major burst and kill extremely quickly, while having tons of utility. However, they drop very quickly if you are not careful.

    Mage: Currently have the most viable souls in SC, Pyro, WL, Necro, Schloro. They do unmitigated magic damage from range, while having tons of utility.

    Warrior: They do decent damage while having great mitigation. However, they are usually the target of focus and w/o healing they will die over and over. With healing, warriors are extremely overpowered.

    Cleric: They can do decent DPS, while having very good survivability. However, all good PvP builds require at least 23 points in Justicar, thus making them have no utitily, while gimping their DPS.

    edit: Slowly, but surely, 1.2 has improved the balance in the game. There is no way an experienced gamer can't see this.
    Last edited by Firagatar; 05-17-2011 at 06:55 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firagatar View Post
    From a PvP point of view:

    Rogue: Assassins & MM variations are quite powerful. They deal major burst and kill extremely quickly, while having tons of utility. However, they drop very quickly if you are not careful.

    Mage: Currently have the most viable souls in SC, Pyro, WL, Necro, Schloro. They do unmitigated magic damage from range, while having tons of utility.

    Warrior: They do decent damage while having great mitigation. However, they are usually the target of focus and w/o healing they will die over and over. With healing, warriors are extremely overpowered.

    Cleric: They can do decent DPS, while having very good survivability. However, all good PvP builds require at least 23 points in Justicar, thus making them have no utitily, while gimping their DPS.

    edit: Slowly, but surely, 1.2 has improved the balance in the game. There is no way an experienced gamer can't see this.

    Seeing some Clerics soul drain tick for 1300 while killing and tanking an entire team is not balanced. There's still lots of work to do.

    Now every other class....seems fairly balanced now.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necaust View Post
    Seeing some Clerics soul drain tick for 1300 while killing and tanking an entire team is not balanced. There's still lots of work to do.

    Now every other class....seems fairly balanced now.

    Seeing soul drain hit at all should be a rarity.

    Its range is horrid and more targets = more damage so if people are dumb enough to cluster together for 2-3 seconds they deserve the high damage.
    Last edited by XEshamX; 05-17-2011 at 07:54 PM.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I think balance is pretty good right now. Champions still have a little too much burst, but every other soul/calling seems about where it should be.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Classes, maybe, souls hell no.

    Still waiting for several souls to be usable as primary souls (30+ points). the 51 point abilities for most of them definately needs to be re-considered.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer25 View Post
    Guard sucks.
    Lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer25 View Post
    It is not like the guard in Warhammer
    Derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer25 View Post
    you have to spec into the pvp tanking side of the tree to get it.
    Lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer25 View Post
    No one any good uses it in premades.
    Lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer25 View Post
    In premades, warriors are best as dps as long as the premade can heal him/her effectively.
    Debatable. A good Pyro or SC (maybe MM too) can devastate a team by himself with proper babysitting. A warrior can be kited endlessly, even if you can't kill him.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 05-18-2011 at 02:48 AM.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Clerics: If played right are OP in any spec, can burst like a pyro or go godmode heal spec and /lol.

    Rogue: Every spec is situational, our rogues change specs several times per WF, each is good at what they do and can be OP if you pick right for each encounter.

    Mage: If you leave them to freecast pyro will mess you up single target or stormcaller vs tightly packed groups, either can be pressured or burst down easily by a team with half a brain. Chloro needs some love vs purge and to make it a viable healing spec rather than secondary to warlock/whatever. No other specs worth mentioning really.

    Warriors: Suck until they get good gear then run around with 7-8k HP and shred people. Our warfronts are completely dominated by rank 6 warriors, they need some love at lower gear levels and a serious nerf at high gear levels.

    There you have it, notice every calling has some OP aspect to it, if I had to single out the worst ones it would be clerics and geared warriors.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Champions are sooo OP, I've seen like 10 nerf champion threads today alone.

    Please nerf them Trion.



    P.S. Guard is pretty useless and subdue is pretty darn good, especially on red orb pyro's. Also subdue works on like 2/10 taunts though, if this was intended then trion dev's need to be shot.
    Last edited by Vaine; 05-18-2011 at 05:37 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firagatar View Post
    From a PvP point of view:

    Rogue: Assassins & MM variations are quite powerful. They deal major burst and kill extremely quickly, while having tons of utility. However, they drop very quickly if you are not careful.

    Mage: Currently have the most viable souls in SC, Pyro, WL, Necro, Schloro. They do unmitigated magic damage from range, while having tons of utility.

    Warrior: They do decent damage while having great mitigation. However, they are usually the target of focus and w/o healing they will die over and over. With healing, warriors are extremely overpowered.

    Cleric: They can do decent DPS, while having very good survivability. However, all good PvP builds require at least 23 points in Justicar, thus making them have no utitily, while gimping their DPS.

    edit: Slowly, but surely, 1.2 has improved the balance in the game. There is no way an experienced gamer can't see this.
    ITP:

    Rogues - A few really strong souls post-buff. Kickin' *** in PvP.
    Mages - Almost every soul is ******edly strong and viable. Overpowered. Completely.
    Warriors - Still decent. Nothing as FOTM as Rogues though.
    Cleric - ****. Completely. Except some builds that make them have high survivability that allows external healing to be amplified in effectiveness giving an illusion that they're godly (while being squishier than warriors).

    Just the "if we're being honest" form of your post. This is the current truth. Mages - LOLOP. Clerics - LOLUP. Everyone else, **** you're fine. And eradicate etc are stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Necaust View Post
    Seeing some Clerics soul drain tick for 1300 while killing and tanking an entire team is not balanced. There's still lots of work to do.

    Now every other class....seems fairly balanced now.
    Actually tanking (as in picking up the fang) requires either

    A) Active healing, almost always achieved by bashing someone's face in
    B) A tank mien that lowers outgoing damage by all non-justicar abilities by 40%.

    Please stop spouting ********. And nobody soul drains for 1300. If you're pure SP and have the orb, you'll never get an SD off that actually hits anyone against any PvPers with half a brain. We're not pyros, we can't sit at 30m and critbomb you for 8k+, but if you get 4 people to stand around us at near melee range, not hurt us, and let us get off a 2 second cast with multiple cooldowns, we'll gladly pull over 13k damage TOTAL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maso View Post
    Clerics: If played right are OP in any spec, can burst like a pyro or go godmode heal spec and /lol.
    Really? Guessing rogue. Maybe mage. This'll be hilarious, because you're so far off the mark I can tell you know nothing about clerics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maso View Post
    Rogue: Every spec is situational, our rogues change specs several times per WF, each is good at what they do and can be OP if you pick right for each encounter.
    And from this we determine you don't run with good premades. Another key reason why you're bad at PvP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maso View Post
    Mage: If you leave them to freecast pyro will mess you up single target or stormcaller vs tightly packed groups, either can be pressured or burst down easily by a team with half a brain. Chloro needs some love vs purge and to make it a viable healing spec rather than secondary to warlock/whatever. No other specs worth mentioning really.
    Yep, mage confirmed. "Our souls really kinda suck" despite me playing a mage and DOMINATING EVERYONE with EVERY SOUL with ease. Yeah, get out, baddie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maso View Post
    Warriors: Suck until they get good gear then run around with 7-8k HP and shred people. Our warfronts are completely dominated by rank 6 warriors, they need some love at lower gear levels and a serious nerf at high gear levels.
    Not even close to reality. Someone doesn't know much about warriors either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maso View Post
    There you have it, notice every calling has some OP aspect to it, if I had to single out the worst ones it would be clerics and geared warriors.
    Mage reaffirmed.

    Get out of PvP discussion, mage.

  15. #15
    Xsi
    Xsi is offline
    Shield of Telara Xsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maso View Post
    Rogue: Every spec is situational, our rogues change specs several times per WF, each is good at what they do and can be OP if you pick right for each encounter.
    Truth! Is this where the "good" from the "bad" rogue comments comes from?

    Let's just say if I had a choice - I'd gladly be a 50 cleric with similar gear right now. Soul Drain (Inquisitor) spec or tank cleric (when I had the flag/defending flag) = extremely envious. No doubt, they are the premier class for "good player" PvPer.

    Warriors claiming that they are not useful do not understand what there role is for team play or are the original leftover v.1.0 DPS warriors that don't understand balance wasn't achieved when you could kill someone on average in 4.5-6 seconds while the target was stunned/feared for >50% of it) not that Pyro/Inquisitor is really any different right now. So many warriors do not understand what guard does. So many warriors leave the core healing group or flag point and chase. So many warriors don't know to watch teammate health bars. ... I would keep going but you get the point.

    Chances are if you're a warrior and complaining in PvP terms, you're playing the wrong class for your play-style.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts