+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Did 1.2 break threat?

Default Did 1.2 break threat?

I can't speak for warriors or clerics, but I've spoke with several rogue tanks who have had a hell of a time holding aggro since 1.2.

I was running xCC with some friends and a rogue was tanking. Almost every pull, he lost aggro. I was giving him crap and offered to tank for him. Well, I pull and a melee cleric comes up, smacks once and gets one shot.

I've lost aggro on SINGLE targets with guarded steel up spamming planar strike and rift disturbance. In AOE fights, someone will pull aggro unless we're given 7-10 seconds. It's so bad on some occasions, if we stop spamming planar strike to refresh phantom blow or one of our defensive finishers, we lose aggro.

I have a feeling a lot of this would be resolved by removing the stupid -30% damage debuff on guardian phase. Threat doesn't scale remotely close to DPS. DPS characters can stack more and more AP and crit to raise their damage ever higher, but we can't do the same with our taunts.

Rift disturbance got a buff, but the cool down is way too long and the ONLY other aoe attack a rogue tank can get is twin strike.

Cycling targets doesn't work very well as by the time you've hit the last one, you've lost the first one to someone that's been AOEing them all at once.

When I lose aggro, it's almost always when I take one whole GCD to put up rift barrier or guarded steel. If I don't put those up, I take more damage and then lose aggro to the F'in healer.

In T1s, I could hold threat just fine. In T2s, I had no issue starting out. However, since more and more people are getting T2.5/T3 weapons, it's got harder and harder to hold aggro. Unless the threat system is improved, I don't see rogue tanks being capable of tanking pulls larger than 2-3.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Sez

I don't quite have your problem, and our threat was increased after 1.2, but yes, I think we still do the least damage of the tank roles.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I haven't had any issues with threat.
    If you're not first, you're last.
    http://lowendtheory.enjin.com

I was losing threat last night to one specific person over and over again on single target pulls. At first I thought he was getting cleaved or taunting or something. Now I see more and more that other rogues are having threat issues too. I wonder what they did...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I was losing threat last night to one specific person over and over again on single target pulls. At first I thought he was getting cleaved or taunting or something. Now I see more and more that other rogues are having threat issues too. I wonder what they did...

I had one guy going "kekeke, must be my LETE DEEPZ!"... I have a G15 keyboard, so ACT displays DPS real time. The other DPS was 800-900 while the clown that kept pulling aggro and dying was doing 200-300...

I don't want to sound QQ, but when you do nothing but spam you highest threat ability and still lose aggro, there's something wrong.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

I hope you linked the meter for him to look at.

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

Actually i was having a blast on my DPS rogue (MM/Siin/BD) last nite pulling the aggro off our tank in quite a few different dungeon/instances
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 05-19-2011 at 07:29 AM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

I had a problem of constantly dying in instance as a dps warrior. The problem was that with one of my souls in the spec, threat was added to one of the attacks. I checked all the tool tips on my attacks in my macros and none of them said anything about increasing threat. Then I re-read the 1.2 patch notes and found that one of the attacks in my macros did indeed have threat added. Basically it runed that spec without that attack so I had to switch to the cookie cutter champ/bm/para spec. Yay, I'm like everyone else now.
    Hardcore = Planning life around the game.
    Casual = Planning the game around life.

Frothgar - Cleric - Dark Serenity || Resch - Warrior - Dark Serenity
    Serious Player- Casual Hours

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

Default grr edit timer

Quote Originally Posted by 1pH34R|\|00|\|3 View Post
    Actually i was having a blast on my DPS rogue (MM/Siin/BD) last nite pulling the aggro off our tank in quite a few different dungeon/instances
    *edit* who was a warrior btw
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

Soulwalker

Default yep

For me it isnt broken, its been reduced though. Trash packs in T2s are taking more work, and ya, once or twice I have lost single target threat. Thats with GS up and PS spam. It is making farming e-rifts a big pain, any db can come along and try to tag and pull the rift boss. Super frustrating.

I've never had to use the crustacean claw, or the similar rift trinket from Revenge of the Icewatch, but I have it on now.

Soulwalker

Default taunt

On a related note, anyone else notice the instigate delay?

Seems like once I press it there is a 2 or 3 sec delay before the mob looks my way. Sometimes, (2x in a row on Pyremaster) I couldnt get him until I blinked to him and got to stabbin.

I used to have it on mouseover. Since 1.2 I have it on target, I just dont trust it.

My guild is just starting to get T2 geared and I have noticed that I will lose aggro occasionally. Their DPS gets better with every run, mine (as Cleric tank) is at a standstill. There just aren't any 1H tanking maces available, so when a mace does drop, the DPS casters get priority (my choice) because it's better suited for them.

They need to add weapons (and runes for that matter) for tanks that have a bonus "increases threat". That way nobody else will roll on them.

General of Telara

my aggro is fine, i never make people wait to open up, i do every night 3-4 expert, i tank in GP and GSB and do raid rift. I think i got an even better aggro now in aoe.

Plane Touched

On my cleric tank I have noticed real problems with threat. Its so much of a problem that I will not play as a tank anymore. I refuse. Tanking is already the hardest job in a group why Trion felt the need to make it more frustrating is just a giant mystery. But I suppose they think we don't have quite long enough LFD ques.

I can tell you that the number one thing groups have the hardest time finding is a tank. I que as all four roles and 7 out of 10 I get a tank spot. This was fine until recently. I don't even want to think what is happening with beginning tanks with no really great gear. This needs to be fixed ASAP aggro generating abilities should WORK not fail WORK.

Really tired of losing mobs over and over in AOE pulls, just a real headache. Spell effects blowing uop everywhere, can't even see which target I am tabbed on, or if I am tabbed on him. One gimpy 8 second taunt and a 1 min AOE taunt which last for 0.6 seconds until someone else pulls aggro. And an AOE attack that barely holds mobs in place that are not being DPSed....its pathetic.

This needs a fix NOW. Shame on you for doing this to tanks trion.
    Last edited by Mogus; 05-19-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Plane Walker

Typically I dont have any issues with threat. Last night one of our warriors kept pulling it off it was the oddest thing because if we both run tank specs I have aggro from him within a couple hits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast