+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unnoticed.

Soulwalker

Default Unnoticed.

It's funny. Sometimes, the little things get overlooked, or unnoticed. As a cleric healing in a WF, some fighters never realize the last moment heals that assist them, or the constant hot's on them, and never acknowledge that this cleric has saved their life numerous times when it comes down to it. But this works both ways. Yesterday, I noticed a warrior was actually cleansing me often, and shielding me. This actually saved me several times, allowing me to save several more people. He never made mention of it, but I just happened to notice he was targeting me every now and then which made me curious, so I started paying extra attention to his casts as well. This got me thinking, what do other players do that normally goes unnoticed? I'd like to thank that warrior, and the other players that have done similar for me, or for the party.

I actually see this sometimes and it makes me sad that its so rare since its how team oriented game play is supposed to work and its absence is the downfall of PVP in alot of games. It can be the difference between a fun match and a tiring slog for prestige/favor.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

Plane Walker

I think this is rare due to the nature of non-premade PVP. There is not alot of teamwork in many of the WF i have done. DPS just goes balls to the walls and expects heals to heal them, yet does not:

say thanks,
    get the rouge off me
    get all the other dps off me (they are 1on1 with some other dps)

It gets even worse when its cross server pvp, when people dont care as they may/maynot see you again.

Rarely however you find that good WF group that does work well together and that is where the fun is for me.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rimuladas View Post

say thanks,

thanks for being a healer that heals.
    feel better now?

dps, tanks and healers would be just about useless without each other.
    you expect them to take damage in order to make yourself useful, they expect healers to heal said damage.
    this self-importance & entitlement doesn't do anything for me, we all play our parts.
    no one ever thanks me for dps'ing. I don't need the validation.
    Last edited by Malformed; 05-18-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    <Vox Mortis>

aux

get the rouge off me
    Buy your own dyes
    I'm so BORED

Champion of Telara

I think this is rare due to the nature of non-premade PVP. There is not alot of teamwork in many of the WF i have done. DPS just goes balls to the walls and expects heals to heal them, yet does not:

say thanks,
    get the rouge off me
    get all the other dps off me (they are 1on1 with some other dps)

It gets even worse when its cross server pvp, when people dont care as they may/maynot see you again.

Rarely however you find that good WF group that does work well together and that is where the fun is for me.
    I have to reply to this.

#1. I don't say thanks for heals normally. It shouldn't be needed, and it should be understood that people are thankful for when they are getting heals. I got better things to do than feed your ego with thanks. I personally do not expect to get heals, so it's not a big deal when I don't get them, and always welcome when I do.

#2. MAKE A FREAKING MACRO THAT SENDS TO RAID THAT YOU ARE UNDER ATTACK. I generally try to keep an eye on healers if at all possible, and I will try to get that rogue off you. But you see, their healer is down to 10% and is about to full heal, and in those kinds of situations I am not going to be looking around. Other times, if I knew you were under attack, then I'd probably split off and come help you. I play a spec in PVP specifically towards being mobile and being able to get to you pretty quick. But I do not see every thing you do. Alert me to the fact that you need help, otherwise I'm assuming the other range people around you are taking care of things when I'm in their back lines trying to take out their support.

#3. See #2. Quit assuming everyone has some big red flashing thing that comes across their screen that says you are under attack. It doesn't. I see this crap all the time in warfronts. Guy says he is a healer, but no point in healing without protection, but never says the first dang thing about it.

And oh yeah - you can always come towards me and like in PvE - bring aggro to your DPS. Someone hitting on the healer is always a top priority target, but again you can't sit there and expect everyone to monitor you the entire time. Many players do make checks occasionally, I do. But hell I have other stuff going on too and I don't do it every 5 seconds.

Edit: And oh yeah. When I do get back to help you - MOVE DANG IT. I will be putting a snare, or stun of some sort on them normally. But then half of you just stand there while they are hitting on you, which makes it worthless. I use flash of steel to come help you, it roots them and YOU STAND IN THE SAME SPOT. MOVE.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 05-18-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    I have to reply to this.

#1. I don't say thanks for heals normally. It shouldn't be needed, and it should be understood that people are thankful for when they are getting heals. I got better things to do than feed your ego with thanks. I personally do not expect to get heals, so it's not a big deal when I don't get them, and always welcome when I do.
    Let me tell you that 95% of the time ppl take it for granted, even though they dont give a s*hit about how many ppl are beating on that healer.
    As a healer I cant take help from a warrior for granted, why should non-healers take heals for granted then ?
    You said you will help the healer if you noticed he / she is under attack...well guess what...he heals you if he notice you are red and if he are able to heal you.

If im on my healer I ALWAYS say thankyou if someone comes to help me. If Im on my rogue I ALWAYS say thankyou for the healing.
    Why do ppl have such big problems with saying thankyou to others if they help ???

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    Let me tell you that 95% of the time ppl take it for granted, even though they dont give a s*hit about how many ppl are beating on that healer.
    As a healer I cant take help from a warrior for granted, why should non-healers take heals for granted then ?
    You said you will help the healer if you noticed he / she is under attack...well guess what...he heals you if he notice you are red and if he are able to heal you.

If im on my healer I ALWAYS say thankyou if someone comes to help me. If Im on my rogue I ALWAYS say thankyou for the healing.
    Why do ppl have such big problems with saying thankyou to others if they help ???
    because we would do NOTHING other than saying "thank you, thank you, thank you" ALL THE FREAKING TIME... oh WIAT... then noone would actually be helping each other as we be busy saying "thank you", yes i MIGHT throw a "thank you" in EXTREME cases, if i say a healer blow a long cd heal/shield on me when im less that 5% HP or something, but i wont really see it needed if i jsut get the every day healing, similar if i play a healer (though i don't much in rift, but done in others games) i can almost be annoyed at ppl if they thanks me every freaking time i throw a normal heal on them, i mean that is my freaking job
    Last edited by GummiBear; 05-18-2011 at 04:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

Xsi

Typing "thanks" means other buttons aren't getting pushed.

You should not assume that it is not appreciated that you are playing well and doing good at it (from me, just assume the scoreboard is your "thanks, you did a good job there").

But if you are dying a lot, you need to make yourself more visible to your teammates.

As a rogue, I kill healers repeatedly standing off to the side or on top of something while the rest of their team is greater than 20m away. Most healers don't even move when attacked because they are mid-cast or confused that they've been silenced/stunned. Trust me, it isn't your team's fault >90% of the time. Death happens to us all. Just do not assume the melee, ranged or other healers nearby are able to save you because, well - they are also focused on something (hopefully, the opposing team healers).
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Things that go unnoticed:

I purge people that are under attack by my teammates. No one is gonna notice that the pyro suddenly is taking more damage or the rogue's immunity wore off a litle early.

I peel people from flag carriers. They probably just think "wow I'm awesome at running flags, no one is catching me!"

I CC enemy healers standing in the back. DPS teammates probably think their DPS is amazing and no one can heal thru it.

I control tactical areas and chokepoints. I cut off reinforcements spawning before they can get to the battle. If anyone notices, it's just to say "wtf quit farming kills."

I run away and stay alive as long as possible when I aggro 2+ enemies. No one notices that we have a numbers advantage while 3 guys chase me off to a corner of the map.
    Last edited by Stay; 05-18-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Soulwalker

Default saying thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear View Post
    because we would do NOTHING other than saying "thank you, thank you, thank you" ALL THE FREAKING TIME... oh WIAT... then noone would actually be helping each other as we be busy saying "thank you", yes i MIGHT throw a "thank you" in EXTREME cases, if i say a healer blow a long cd heal/shield on me when im less that 5% HP or something, but i wont really see it needed if i jsut get the every day healing, similar if i play a healer (though i don't much in rift, but done in others games) i can almost be annoyed at ppl if they thanks me every freaking time i throw a normal heal on them, i mean that is my freaking job
    Tossing out a "thanks" after the fight is not a hardship for anyone. I heal, I tank, I dps and I always thank the group (everyone has/takes the time to "scream" at others, but not to be polite. I definitely do NOT expect a thanks while we are fighting as it's a good way to wipe.

Working together as a group was kind of messed up in WoW when they made the quick leveling and few learned their class and did NOT learn to "play well" with others. Hopefully this never happens here.
    Spent 6 years there until they chased me away with Cata messing up the toons to all pretty much being the same. I will do as much or more here if it doesn't happen here.

Do people actually think that when others say you should thank your healers that they mena Stop everything you are doing and thank them?

WF Ends, You are checking your numbers on the score screen, Type out a thanks to your healers that actually decided to bite the bullet and stick it out in heal specc to save your butts.

Not that difficult.

There's a reason you see a lot of Clerics in DPS specc... so when you are crying how your WFs never have heals, think back on your attitudes towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonne View Post
    Do people actually think that when others say you should thank your healers that they mena Stop everything you are doing and thank them?

WF Ends, You are checking your numbers on the score screen, Type out a thanks to your healers that actually decided to bite the bullet and stick it out in heal specc to save your butts.

Not that difficult.

There's a reason you see a lot of Clerics in DPS specc... so when you are crying how your WFs never have heals, think back on your attitudes towards them.
    Agree !

Last time I said Thx for the heals was in Codex and we all worked our butts off at the Codex. I saw that I was getting tons of heals on my Rogue, and I can only assume that the healer had alot on him aswell.
    When we were done defending the flag I typed "good healing,thanx"...and it was a happy healer.
    Is it really that hard to make someone happy ?

Far to often does ppl think "a thx is not needed"....well a tiny thx can get you a long way.
    Its just like in real life. Very often we see people do their job, and they are good at it, but do we ever say that to them ?..not really. But we are darn quick at pointing out failures !!
    Well if I see someone doing a good job I tell them that...it can actually meen more than you know to that person. In real life....or ingame shouldnt make a diffrence.

Champion

Is this another "Healers need validation" threads?

So sorry but I simply don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Things that go unnoticed:

I purge people that are under attack by my teammates. No one is gonna notice that the pyro suddenly is taking more damage or the rogue's immunity wore off a litle early.

I peel people from flag carriers. They probably just think "wow I'm awesome at running flags, no one is catching me!"

I CC enemy healers standing in the back. DPS teammates probably think their DPS is amazing and no one can heal thru it.

I control tactical areas and chokepoints. I cut off reinforcements spawning before they can get to the battle. If anyone notices, it's just to say "wtf quit farming kills."

I run away and stay alive as long as possible when I aggro 2+ enemies. No one notices that we have a numbers advantage while 3 guys chase me off to a corner of the map.
    Now I know that this thread has derailed from the op's original intent, but ^this, this this... a thousand times this! I'm really tired of reading egocentric healer posts who believe that they are doing something out of the norm when they heal someone. Everyone has a role to play.

-Tanks(yes tanks are useful in pvp) are defensive minded, they are there to mitigate the damage to other players, either by actively using abilities to cleanse or mitigate damage, or to keep the attention of the other teams dps and control the battlefield. They are also best suited for fang carrying and to be the one to charge into the enemy group and draw the attention of the idiot tab targetters.
    -Dps are there to thin out the numbers of the other team, be it through direct damage, control or as a distraction.
    -Heals are there to heal. To prolong the life of the fang carrier, and to counteract the dps of the opposing team.

All roles are important in pvp. The healers that rage because no one thanks them are too full of themselves to notice that these other players are as critical to a victory as they are. Just because there are few healers in a wf (designed this way) does not mean you are entitled to any greater expression of gratitude then we receive from you.

Okay okay, thanks for tossing out the heals. I like not dying, now please realize you are playing a role, not doing something special.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast