Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fix Clerics in PvP

Default Fix Clerics in PvP

It's sickening trying to win just one warfront all day and not being able to get your daily done because of a few impossible to kill rank 6 clerics. I'm a rank 5 MM Rogue with decent built and full pvp gear and whatever i do i just cant take r6 clerics below half health with Pedestal and Imporived Hit and Run up.

If one of them manage to grab the stone in a Whitefall Steppes game its 100% certain she will make it back to their base no matter how many people we have focusing the cleric, let alone havin a raid backin the cleric up.

In the codex WF theres 2 clerics in our shard that stay and camp codex flag threw out the whole game, doesn't matter how many people on our team try to take codex, they are able to heal each other and keep each other alive while interrupting our captures until the other team comes in and clears the area of defiants

I tried going NB for Fell blades and Anathema but it's just not enough, i spam MM purge till all the buffs are gone but that doesn't do a thing their buffs will be back up the instant their off.

On my shard Guardians seem to always have more clerics then the Defiants side, by more i mean they usually have more then 5 per codex/steppes/scion when usually we get one if we're lucky.

Either put a cap into the amount of clerics able to play a WF or reduce the amount they can heal in pvp or give all classes a healing reduction like Fell blades.

I'm usually not the one to ***** in the forums about nerfing classes, i've enjoyed my rogue before patch 1.2 and still do. But what really triggered me into making this thread was when we were finally going to win one blackgarden WF, the score was 40 - 400, only to see that one rank 6 cleric to join the guardian team and win the game cause the cleric managed to capture the flag and keep their team alive, its a game breaker >.<

Anyone else having the same problems with rank 6 clerics on their shard?
    P8rogue P7mage P5warrior

I SUPPORT ARENA FOR RIFT

Ascendant

The problem isn't clerics.. its rank 6 gear..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Valarcrist View Post
    It's sickening trying to win just one warfront all day and not being able to get your daily done because of a few impossible to kill rank 6 clerics. I'm a rank 5 MM Rogue with decent built and full pvp gear and whatever i do i just cant take r6 clerics below half health with Pedestal and Imporived Hit and Run up.

If one of them manage to grab the stone in a Whitefall Steppes game its 100% certain she will make it back to their base no matter how many people we have focusing the cleric, let alone havin a raid backin the cleric up.

In the codex WF theres 2 clerics in our shard that stay and camp codex flag threw out the whole game, doesn't matter how many people on our team try to take codex, they are able to heal each other and keep each other alive while interrupting our captures until the other team comes in and clears the area of defiants

I tried going NB for Fell blades and Anathema but it's just not enough, i spam MM purge till all the buffs are gone but that doesn't do a thing their buffs will be back up the instant their off.

On my shard Guardians seem to always have more clerics then the Defiants side, by more i mean they usually have more then 5 per codex/steppes/scion when usually we get one if we're lucky.

Either put a cap into the amount of clerics able to play a WF or reduce the amount they can heal in pvp or give all classes a healing reduction like Fell blades.

I'm usually not the one to ***** in the forums about nerfing classes, i've enjoyed my rogue before patch 1.2 and still do. But what really triggered me into making this thread was when we were finally going to win one blackgarden WF, the score was 40 - 400, only to see that one rank 6 cleric to join the guardian team and win the game cause the cleric managed to capture the flag and keep their team alive, its a game breaker >.<

Anyone else having the same problems with rank 6 clerics on their shard?
    MM rogue? You aren't an anti-cleric. You are anti caster and anti melee (as you can kite). Not every spec beats every other spec. Especially an ezmode one like MM.

Spec sin if you want to kill clerics.

Clerics aint as op as you think bro.I drop just a fast as anyone else.I have had mages just eat through my health.If a cleric is justicar/sent/templar and has covenant with all his cds goin plus has you detaunted yeh he will last a few seconds but under any other situation they will drop fast like anyone.
    "Martillos" 50 Guardian warrior of deepstrike Rank 3 (retired)

"Brujita" 50 Defiant cleric of briarcliff Rank 4

"Fist Of The Empire"

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    The problem isn't clerics.. its rank 6 gear..
    I don't have any issues trying to kill other rank 6 rogues or warriors or mages on my rank 5 MM.
    Sure i do get my *** handed to me by them sometimes but its usually a fair fight but clerics being impossible to kill able to tank a full raid in steppes and get away with it.
    P8rogue P7mage P5warrior

I SUPPORT ARENA FOR RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    MM rogue? You aren't an anti-cleric. You are anti caster and anti melee (as you can kite). Not every spec beats every other spec. Especially an ezmode one like MM.

Spec sin if you want to kill clerics.
    Spec sin to kill a cleric? i hope your trolling.

For those replying about clerics not being OP, im not talking about clerics in general, im talking about RANK 6 clerics with full pvp gear being impossible to kill when any other class with rank 6 gear isnt as game breaking as clerics.
    Last edited by Valarcrist; 05-17-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    P8rogue P7mage P5warrior

I SUPPORT ARENA FOR RIFT

I agree with the OP.

Clerics are ridiculous. Well, I am not talking to or about clerics with scrub gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Banned

Yet more cleric QQ. I'm glad to see you've found a good cleric. You're used to omnomnoming them like kibbles n bits because without best-in-slot max gear with an obnoxiously minmaxed build and incredible awareness and reaction speed, clerics are utterly worthless.

Welcome to seeing what a person at the very pinnacle of play can do.

You've already got nerfs on clerics every single patch with this same incessant QQ because the best of the best of the best is good enough to make your job moderately difficult. You won't be happy until spamming 1-3 buttons is enough to down anyone without thought and without difficulty. It was fine when you could perma-70%-snare (or 100% if you were lame enough to abuse additive stacking of snares) and nonstop CC them as they tried to run, but now that it actually requires coordination and skill instead of spamming the "LOL @ CLERIC" macro on your hotbar, you're upset.

Have a nice day, rogue. Because that's what you are. A rogue. You wish you could be a cleric, but you aren't. You're still a rogue. Run along, stealth, and hide in a corner, rogue.

Please note I'm disregarding how absurdly wrong your post is on almost every point, and the obvious statements I can make because of it about how terrible you are and how little you know (and why your post is full of false information that attempts to pump itself up to hopefully indicate that you're an expert in some regard to this situation). I'm not, however, doing that. That would be a personal attack and a clear violation of the forum rules.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 05-17-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

The problem with clerics is that most don't know the 2 specs and/or have the pvp rank/gear to pull them off. On the positive side the healing spec is not as invincible as pre 1.2. On the negative side the solo DD build is even worse.

In my shard group there are a few rank 6 clerics on the DD side that are really tough and maybe should be considered OP, however in pvp games clerics will always be a little OP and so they are fine imo.

However, there is one with the gear and a slightly different spec that can fight over 5 ppl by herself for minutes and not die while killing them and their reinforcements. If there is no los then I can help burst her down pretty fast or my friend can dom/chloro her but if half my raid group is playing footsie with her then I'm probably busy keeping codex or killing their fc/etc. There is only one but this shows that it is possible and so I can imagine some shard groups where there are several like this and I feel sorry for yall lol!

After 1.2 on the healing side I don't know any that are this tough anymore, however pre 1.2 there were a few rank 6s with a healing spec that could be killed by themselves but if they were together it would take 10+ decent ppl for 3 of them. This was really only a problem in BG though. When they were on we would just not que BG. That is still the case with the rank 6 DD cleric if she is on with some of her premade friends we que the other zones.

If your team is decent you can at least get a draw on whitefall and probably even 1 score. In Codex if they have Codex locked down then work together and keep the other 3 and you win. In Scion they don't matter nearly as much.

The problem with balance is that it changes frequently as you lvl/rank/gear and only a few hardcore nerds like me know the min/max balance issues. For example, MM now when in max gear like me can hit me harder than my fulminate can hit him all the while spamming 400s and purges/silence etc! Also the one great geared and specc'd war in my shard group can still kill me in seconds if I'm dumb and let him get the jump on me (and by seconds I mean less than 5 so 1 stun). However, my fulm will hit rank 1s harder than the MM will and especially with the orb.

And of course there are the specs. I know a few wars with gear similiar to the one above but use builds I am able to ignore and stay in GoP while they attack me for awhile. IMO the devs should try their best to keep it as balanced as possible during leveling/ranking/gearing/etc. and should make gear not mean as much for pvp, however their main focus should be the top threat achievable.

Xsi

It's not the rank 6 cleric. It's the rank 6 tank cleric with a couple of tank healing buddies able to outheal an entire team's burst damage.

It's broke - no doubt about it. 1.2 made it harder to take them down with CC diminishing returns and higher Valor on gear.

The balance of survivability/gearing for rank 6 survivability/spec'ing for defense talents versus competitiveness of flag-based games is whacked for PvP (has been since 1.1 and made it more whacked in 1.2).

Trion has made no comment to change it. That, in itself, speaks volumes.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Yet more cleric QQ. I'm glad to see you've found a good cleric. You're used to omnomnoming them like kibbles n bits because without best-in-slot max gear with an obnoxiously minmaxed build and incredible awareness and reaction speed, clerics are utterly worthless.

Welcome to seeing what a person at the very pinnacle of play can do.

You've already got nerfs on clerics every single patch with this same incessant QQ because the best of the best of the best is good enough to make your job moderately difficult. You won't be happy until spamming 1-3 buttons is enough to down anyone without thought and without difficulty. It was fine when you could perma-70%-snare (or 100% if you were lame enough to abuse additive stacking of snares) and nonstop CC them as they tried to run, but now that it actually requires coordination and skill instead of spamming the "LOL @ CLERIC" macro on your hotbar, you're upset.

Have a nice day, rogue. Because that's what you are. A rogue. You wish you could be a cleric, but you aren't. You're still a rogue. Run along, stealth, and hide in a corner, rogue.

Please note I'm disregarding how absurdly wrong your post is on almost every point, and the obvious statements I can make because of it about how terrible you are and how little you know (and why your post is full of false information that attempts to pump itself up to hopefully indicate that you're an expert in some regard to this situation). I'm not, however, doing that. That would be a personal attack and a clear violation of the forum rules.
    I think you need to go out and take a break from all this before you have aneurysm, either way i believe Trion knows what their doing, their just slow and it takes time to fix things and a cleric nerf is inevitable. You just stated that clerics are fine, that alone proves that your the one with the false information and your probably another cleric running around in WF with 5 people trying to kill you. Btw rogues are already able to spam 1-3 buttons to down anyone, its in a 2 minute cooldown sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt but against a cleric its a wsste of a cd. Continue playing your Op cleric in WFs and spam as many of them as possible until it lasts, you will only be proven wrong with your false information when your nerf comes.
    P8rogue P7mage P5warrior

I SUPPORT ARENA FOR RIFT

Shadowlander

ya 1.2 made all clerics across the board who use to go survival route, take 40% more dmg. And also added a cap to dmg reduction. IF your whole wf cant kill two clerics, then you are a fail wf. its that simple.

Focus fire and healing reduction = one dead character no matter what class/soul. With the diminishing returns its all the noobs who spam ccs that make it hard because you cant drop in a clutch silence. Fail people = failure to kill clerics. That does not make a class overpowered.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valarcrist View Post
    I think you need to go out and take a break from all this before you have aneurysm, either way i believe Trion knows what their doing, their just slow and it takes time to fix things and a cleric nerf is inevitable. You just stated that clerics are fine, that alone proves that your the one with the false information and your probably another cleric running around in WF with 5 people trying to kill you. Btw rogues are already able to spam 1-3 buttons to down anyone, its in a 2 minute cooldown sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt but against a cleric its a wsste of a cd. Continue playing your Op cleric in WFs and spam as many of them as possible until it lasts, you will only be proven wrong with your false information when your nerf comes.
    We're already underpowered as dirt, now you want to guarantee yourself no heals, ever. For the record, though, we've received consistent nerfs since beta 2 I believe. Keep up the QQ. You're doing great, Mr. Rogue!

Those who are bad at combat complain that something is unfair. Those who are good at combat, pick up something that's "unfair" and use it against the enemy. This forces the enemy to reveal a counter to their own strategy, at worst, and at best they have no counter for it.

Stop solo-queuing. There's your problem.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 05-17-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Everyone roll cleric! Tank, DPS, and heals =) id call it the cuttie cutter class /dance!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hezakia View Post
    Everyone roll cleric! Tank, DPS, and heals =) id call it the cuttie cutter class /dance!
    If you don't mind being the worst tank, lowest DPS, and not even the best in heals, while being the most gear dependent class hands down, go ahead.

A true jack of all trades, master of none. Even our "raid buffing" builds get overwritten by much better buffs by a bard or an archon.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast