+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Support class sugestion?

Soulwalker

Default Support class sugestion?

I have just started playing Rift, and so far it seems like an awesome game. One thing that I love is that they have support classes. I have always liked support classes, and they were non existant in the most recent MMO I played (WoW). So my question to you is, which support class is most desired? And which is easiest to solo with? I know supports job isn't solo, but I am assuming that on the way up to 50 that you are going to have to solo quite a bit.

I have been hearing a little about each one, and am just not sure which to roll. The concept of Archon is awesome, but it seems like they are not needed in 5 man content, and only 1 in raid content. Bard just doesn't seem like my style, but I would be willing to give it a shot. And I have heard literally nothing about Warlord. Are there other support classes that I'm just not seeing? Or is it just one of these 3? Anyway, I appreciate any help or response you are willing to give.

Thanks,

Josh

The Warlord is a defensive soul, not support.

The support souls are:

Archon
    Bard
    Dominator

Quote Originally Posted by Nevergone View Post
    The Warlord is a defensive soul, not support.

The support souls are:

Archon
    Bard
    Dominator
    You can further break this list down as well into a subcategory:

Useful support souls:

Archon
    Bard

Archon is a really neat class I've seen people had some fun with but yea its probably limited in its use outside of 20ms but I wouldn't write it totally off either, I've seen people use the class in lower population raiding and did fine (and puts out pretty decent dps for a support). Bard has a lot more versatility though for a support class, mainly because of its ability to offheal.
    Last edited by Inixia; 05-17-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    Bard has a lot more versatility though for a support class, mainly because of its ability to offheal.
    There has been a recent advance in support classes. A bard was forced to breed with a smelly cleric.
    The result was... the Chlorochon.

+ Reply to Thread