+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: The ammout of WHINEING on this forum is really getting to me, must be to devs also

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default The ammout of WHINEING on this forum is really getting to me, must be to devs also

    to all the whiners that are out here atm seriously, there are 4 classes all have bad and good souls, ive seen warriors whine that rogue and OP rogue whine that clerics are OP clerics whine that mages are OP mages whine that rogues are OP, seriously ****. the game is 2 months old and is allready showing great promise last content patch adressed more issues than ive ever seen an MMO resolve in 1 content patch.

    No class in PVE is better than any other, just to address a few issues. Warrior tanking is fine, rogue tanking is fine , cleric tanking need threat addjustments,

    warrior dps is fine, rogue dps is fine, cleric dps is fine, mage dps is harder but fine.

    Cleric healing is FINE Mage healing is FINE. bard healing is weak but were not healers. warrior dont have a healing soul.

    you see what im doing here? all i see on the forums is weakminded idiots whineing cos they apsolutly fail at there class and should leave the game before i rip them a new nostral.

    its idiot whines like you that force development teams to make ******ed changes cos people are stuck on whining about things other people have an not looking at what they themselves have.

    Pyro in pvp is ******ed, deal with it. dont go on the forums and whine like little girls. if there is a problem that is so bad, provide evidence provide more intelegent reasoning.

    hope this will make a few people think before they open their idiot mouths,
    TY for reading! vas

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Doctorfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    374

    Default

    OK... so you're whining about... whining?

    That is great... whiner

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    whining about the whining helps.
    true story.
    <Vox Mortis>

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    yea i see your point but, after 2 months of reading the drival coming out of people i just had to let it out somewhere.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    It's Trion's own fault really.

    Pre 1.1 the Positive reinforcement of buffing mages (mages whined alot back them) and nerfing ... err bug fixing champs and sabs sent the message: 'whine and you shall receive'. We all knew GOS was too powerful pre 1.1 and Trion did not want to do anything about it. The only thing keeping pyros in check were sabs and champs.

    1.2 did the same thing with rogues. And look guess who everyone whines about now.

    The fact is that 1.0 was really the most balanced patch because the game was normalized for those numbers. All these bug fixes has thrown the game off because damage was normalized with these bugs.


    What the game needs now is a hard look now is (pvp wise):

    - AP and SP scaling
    - physical and magical damage mitigation which scales with ap and ap
    - reimplementation of some of the cc types
    Last edited by Vaine; 05-17-2011 at 04:02 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    I like the OP post. I dont like Whiners either. Just get on with it.

    On the flip side, if people didnt whine, nothing would get fixed/balanced

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    238

    Default

    There's a big difference between "whining" and "constructive criticism". The first is not accompanied by any supporting evidence at all, while the second one is.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    The bad spelling in the thread topic says more than anything in the original post ever could.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halorin View Post
    The bad spelling in the thread topic says more than anything in the original post ever could.
    do people like you even play the game or do u just read forum posts and remark on peoples spelling? man you must feel so smart. who cares if its spelt correctly or not the idea gets accross and thats all i was intending. so please qq sumwhere else. tw@

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasana View Post
    do people like you even play the game or do u just read forum posts and remark on peoples spelling? man you must feel so smart. who cares if its spelt correctly or not the idea gets accross and thats all i was intending. so please qq sumwhere else. tw@
    The inability to correctly spell simple words says something about a poster's intelligence, generally speaking. The poster's intelligence is likely going to reflect the validity of their posts. i.e.: Terrible spelling and grammar have a high correlation with idiotic/worthless posts.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

  11. #11
    Telaran Clades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Bump for op having same opinion as me.

    Please learn to play and shut up for once guys

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasana View Post
    tw@
    Very clever avoidance of the profanity filter.

    /rolleyes

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Oh pee nedes uh nurf. Eye'm prittee shur hee jusd wun-shawt teh Inglesh layngwage.

    (hence killing my ability to spell)
    In reference to someone else:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gany
    QFDumb
    In reference to me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seniella
    QFAwesome.
    Unrelated Posts

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Nothing is wrong with whining. Mage where slightly underpowered before 1.1,Rogues where slightly underpowered.Sabs and Champs was slightly OP before 1.1.Mana drains was slightly OP.Pyro where OP .Very rarely do players get problem.For example Eradicate is slightly overpowered.

    Problem is how trion fixes stuff,The only thing that has ever gotten a light touch is Pyro.I happy that group complaining that gotten trion notice issues but trion has going overkill on many things when a light touch needed.Players don't like something they should complain,that is part of being consumer.Only issue i have is trion going heavy hand on the fixing cause additional problems.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    406

    Default

    The only real problem I see with the community in this game is that they go "Mages are this" "Rogues are that" - they just lump every single soul in a calling together and act as if they are a class.

    I really hate that because it's like saying "Well, as long as there is one really great soul in a calling everything is A-ok" but honestly, I don't want to play a Pyromancer, so no, mages are not fine for me. Chloromancers are pretty gimpy in PvP and have a thousand disadvantages and nothing to really make up for them. I also liked playing my marksman before it became a cheesy FOTM class. (Yea, I reserve the right to be a little bit hipster when it comes to class selection, I don't want to play the most played thing out there!)

    When people say stuff like "Clerics are overpowered" they just ignore all the souls that aren't overpowered, and those are the ones that take it up the rear when some giant buff to one other soul in another calling is supposed to restore balance. That's really the part that annoys me, because it seems like Trion has fallen into the same pattern of thinking. Calling = Whole Class, no regard for being able to play individual souls well.
    Last edited by Ebethil; 05-17-2011 at 09:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts