+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Physical Crit cap?

Default Physical Crit cap?

is there a soft crit cap in game? I assume 50% would be as high as anyone would ever want to go regardless if there is one or not as you would never be able to get 100% crit so getting a crit every other hit is ideal. However i've heard rumors that 40% is a soft cap for crit and I am currently at 42% crit so I would like to know if there is an actualy soft cap to crit in the game or is my logic missing something. Thanks!

still no answer

still looking for that answer... is there a cap soft or otherwise to physical crit(which i assume would also count for spell crit)

I would also like to know the answer to this. On my stats page, I am showing 33% physical crit, but on my parses, I'm only coming up with 24%...which makes me wonder if there is a soft cap, or crit isn't functioning as it should, or I'm missing some other factor which allows me to reach my maximum crit.

Shadowlander

42%, how much crit is that? 850+ ?

Has anyone done and intense comparisons between having higher crit vs higher attack power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Xsi

3 crit:1 AP value. There's been threads upon threads on it. If you are right at the borderline, you need to do your own parse because specific talents push the value one way or another.

^^ One of the poster's above is likely not seeing enough of a data time to warrant a discrepancy to stated character sheet crit value or is forgetting to remove proc chances which can not crit or ... bug?!?
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

people keep saying you should stop at 30% due to DR kicking in too much, im no expert on it but i did stop there due to it lol.
    Last edited by AlexE; 05-16-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1169507&dateline=1307  205688
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

so youre saying the soft cap for crit is 30%? and yes my crit is 852 +10% from Sin/rng tree's without the crit bonuses from my talent trees im at 32.3%

Quote Originally Posted by VioletVixen View Post
    I would also like to know the answer to this. On my stats page, I am showing 33% physical crit, but on my parses, I'm only coming up with 24%...which makes me wonder if there is a soft cap, or crit isn't functioning as it should, or I'm missing some other factor which allows me to reach my maximum crit.
    Many sources of damage can't crit, for example weapon enchantments, trinkets, essences and serrated blades.

If you remove all of these from the parse, the crit rate should be equal to your actual crit chance.

I have not noticed one so far, I tend to run between 30-50% crit depending on spec and I do notice a huge difference in critical hits between them. And since I run with extra crit dmg for my highest crit builds I really enjoy having a high crit chance (in SC/Ele with all buffs including archon I can crit for 3,7k every GCD for just shy of 15s, so having close to 50% critrate really helps my dmg there).

But I should think crit was a much better stat for rogues/wars since AP scales a lot worse than sp, and as far as I know even mages value crit at a better rate than 3:1 for sp.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    I have not noticed one so far, I tend to run between 30-50% crit depending on spec and I do notice a huge difference in critical hits between them. And since I run with extra crit dmg for my highest crit builds I really enjoy having a high crit chance (in SC/Ele with all buffs including archon I can crit for 3,7k every GCD for just shy of 15s, so having close to 50% critrate really helps my dmg there).

But I should think crit was a much better stat for rogues/wars since AP scales a lot worse than sp, and as far as I know even mages value crit at a better rate than 3:1 for sp.
    How well AP scales depends on the spec. For example, Saboteur or Assassin get jack**** from AP, while Bladedancer and Ranger/Marksman get a lot from it.

In fact, AP is the single most important stat for the new BD/Sin/NB builds, since you get so much AP scaling from Deadly Dance-boosted abilities. In fact, every single ability in the rotation except keen strike gets excellent AP scaling (Precision Strike, Puncture, Dusk Strike, Backstab, Fiery Spike and Deadly Strike).

I replaced all of my crit lessers by AP lessers and saw a 10-20 DPS gain from it, even though I was trading like 20+ points of crit rating for ~9 AP.

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    Many sources of damage can't crit, for example weapon enchantments, trinkets, essences and serrated blades.

If you remove all of these from the parse, the crit rate should be equal to your actual crit chance.
    Thanks, that makes a lot of sense now. Reading your last post as well has got me thinking I should try swapping out some crit for AP and see what my results are.

Rift Disciple

From doing other extensive tests in alpha ie. armor, block, etc. there is no softcap in Rift. There is however diminishing returns.

Telaran

From doing other extensive tests in alpha ie. armor, block, etc. there is no softcap in Rift. There is however diminishing returns.
    I think we're having a terminology disconnect. I believe what the previous post meant by "soft cap" was a point at which diminishing returns kick in, or a point at which diminishing returns more steeply affect the dependent stat. Or, more precisely, a point at which the independent stat (e.g., crit rating) begins to more slowly improve the dependent stat (e.g., crit percent chance). There is certainly such a point with armor; I haven't observed one with crit or avoidance (block/parry/dodge/resist) stats. That being said, I've never had a toon with 40+ crit %, so that doesn't mean it isn't there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast