+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Share Your Bard Build! (25)

Default Share Your Bard Build! (25)

I am aware Rift Role Builder is not fully up-to-date, or the souls could change. However, it looks very close from what memory serves me.
    This thread is for fun!

Reminder - 36 Soul Points is what you "should" have available at level 27 (EDITED DUE TO NEW INFO)
    This thread is based on Closed Beta #3 and Pre-CB4 Information.

Bard Build: http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...:saboteur.2000 (EDITED DUE TO NEW INFORMATION)

My Builds Purpose: To Allow Self Sufficiency, and still remain a truly valuable asset to the team. Focused on being a difficult opponent to take down, so my team can react in a more efficient manner if I am to become targetted. The entire concept of...the longer I live, the more useful I will be.

Notes: I am aware I will be missing Coda of Restoration. However, I believe bards will become a main target in most PVP situations. Therefore, I would rather stay alive using Motif of Regeneration and Cadence for Healing, and reduce my chances of death through CC Removal, Passive HP and Armor Increases.

Share your builds! Give us reasons why, and what you're shooting for with that build!
    Last edited by Haseno; 01-04-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

At that level I'd still be going pure bard according to this build.
    My bard is pure support. Everything else will just be damage gravy. I plan to throw some marksman and saboteur in there later on...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    At that level I'd still be going pure bard according to this build.
    My bard is pure support. Everything else will just be damage gravy. I plan to throw some marksman and saboteur in there later on...
    That build won't work. You can only spend 25 points in one tree, if you are level 25.

So you could only spend 25 points in bard, and would have to spend 8 in other tree's.

Haseno

Quote Originally Posted by Haseno View Post
    That build won't work. You can only spend 25 points in one tree, if you are level 25.

So you could only spend 25 points in bard, and would have to spend 8 in other tree's.
    /facepalm

I thought that they were going to change that by the next test. I must have been confused.

/facepalm

I thought that they were going to change that by the next test. I must have been confused.
    It could change, but lets assume as of now we can't. What would your build be?

Haseno

It could change, but lets assume as of now we can't. What would your build be?
    It has changed, level cap will be 27 for this beta.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ont-Beta-Event
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Quote Originally Posted by Jazebel View Post
    It has changed, level cap will be 27 for this beta.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ont-Beta-Event
    Oh snap! Never even saw that thread. Muahahahha.

Haseno

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...0:saboteur.300

here mine... I will test this only for group play... (I will play most of the time with guild party/raid)

saboteur is there for the gt snare (8 sec every 12 sec)

night blade is for the 5 energy per cobo point regen I will also test spending the 3 point that are actually on the saboteur on the night blade to add the ranged incapacitate... they will be wasted because there is nothing else I find usefull in the NB tree but the ability to put 1 enemy healer out of the game for 30 sec sound really interesting in a Party vs Party situation...

no hp return on candence because I found its dmg really useless... and so the hp return... I will use it only to build 2 CP and than interrupt it to cast the coda at 4 CP (the other 2 come from power cord)
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Ok, well assuming I can only put 25 points in Bard I would go with this build. This maximizes my support and gives me some ranged damage bonus with my musket.

I also plan to get the movement speed stuff from marksman in the hopes that it stacks with the ones from bard.

I like the idea of a crafty bard that uses explosives as well, so there will be some saboteur in the works, but not yet.

Oh snap! Never even saw that thread. Muahahahha.
    lol missed it too ^^'
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

I think most people are going to be mostly pure bard, for Coda of restoration and the increased healing.

I always like being different though, and the healing output on bards is already pretty strong. Wanted to make sure I'm more than just a support class, I wanted to make sure I'm a support class that can live through being focus fired. :P

Haseno

As soon as someone attacks my bard he's going to flee. Anyone who chases me will get caught in a trap. Focus fire is the only thing that would be able to stop me and in order to finish the job the timing would have to be excellent since I'll be gone as soon as I take damage that I can be sure isn't an AoE.

We'll just have to wait and see if that will work. It seems, though, that Trion sees running away as a viable option with all those escape abilities in marksman and saboteur.

I think most people are going to be mostly pure bard, for Coda of restoration and the increased healing.

I always like being different though, and the healing output on bards is already pretty strong. Wanted to make sure I'm more than just a support class, I wanted to make sure I'm a support class that can live through being focus fired. :P
    sorry mate... but u will need something more than a few hp to survive a focus fire ^^' with the crit that marksman and saboter trow around if 2 of those ranged rogue look to bad at u the chance of going boom is really high...

this is obviously a personal opinion... but in every MMO I've played I found more rewarding to spend all my resources into making what my role let me make the best that I can... and only if after doing that some resurces was spared than i put them in things like additional survival (or dmg for tank)... when I play a healer I found useless to survive my other party members... if I'm the only one alive I will die in a few sec... better to make my ally live as much as I can... if I die before them they still have the chance of killing the opponents (if the opponents are at low life)... if they die before me I can't kill the opponent ^^ even if they have just enough life to breath ^^
    Last edited by ComaEtilico; 01-04-2011 at 06:24 AM.

/end lore.

As soon as someone attacks my bard he's going to flee. Anyone who chases me will get caught in a trap. Focus fire is the only thing that would be able to stop me and in order to finish the job the timing would have to be excellent since I'll be gone as soon as I take damage that I can be sure isn't an AoE.

We'll just have to wait and see if that will work. It seems, though, that Trion sees running away as a viable option with all those escape abilities in marksman and saboteur.
    Bards are a mobile class, I've noticed their weakness is snares.

I can literally kite with the Saboteur AOE Snare Bomb all day, if I can get out of a snare.

It's pretty difficult to land the actual Saboteur traps versus any smart player though. The bombs are easy, just not the traps. :P

Haseno

Quote Originally Posted by ComaEtilico View Post
    sorry mate... but u will need something more than a few hp to survive a focus fire ^^' with the crit that marksman and saboter trow around if 2 of those ranged rogue look to bad at u the chance of going boom is really high...

this is obviously a personal opinion... but in every MMO I've played I found more rewarding to spend all my resources into making what my role let me make the best that I can... and only if after doing that some resurces was spared than i put them in things like additional survival (or dmg for tank)... when I play a healer I found useless to survive my other party members... if I'm the only one alive I will die in a few sec... better to make my ally live as much as I can... if I die before them they still have the chance of killing the opponents (if the opponents are at low life)... if they die before me I can't kill the opponent ^^ even if they have just enough life to breath ^^
    True at higher levels, but +%crit gear isn't going to be that highly obtained at this level.

I plan on keeping on gradually increasing bard at launch, and a few extra points into saboteur. I'll leave Riftstalker as is most likely.

The HP/Armor will scale better at this level.

My bard is @ 1600 HP/25% Armor Mitigation already @ level 20. With only 5-6 points invested into Riftstalker.

At 27, I'll have that +15% Endurance Increase on top of new gear and 7 more levels. I imagine my HP should easily hit 2000.
    Last edited by Haseno; 01-04-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Haseno

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast