Thread: Confirmed Races and Suggested Races

Thumbs up Confirmed Races and Suggested Races

High Elves (Guardians)
    Mathosian (Guardians)
    Dwarf (Guardians)

Bahmi (Defiant)
    Eth (Defiant)
    Kelari (Defiant)

I would like to see the dwarf become a confirmed race - preferably Guardian (and it now has been.). I would like to see other non-human races also - such as Half-Giant/Ogre, Troll, Gnome, Were, etc.

Last edited by Paks; 08-10-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    Veteran MMORPG Player for 10 years. Played almost all of them at one point. Played variety of races and classes and am good at most of them also.

I guess the Dwarf race will be guardians. There is an old (2009) screenshot/video where you can see a town with many Dwarfs and the atmosphere there looks more like a Guardiens area than a Defiant area.

I'd like Defiant to have Cardassians (or perhaps a variant cause of TM issues)

Gnome will have to be somewhere, gotta have those cave dwelling tinkerers with all this planar technology happening, and since the Defiant seem to harness the planar power they'd probably fit in best there imo

Quote Originally Posted by charlionfire View Post
    I'd like Defiant to have Cardassians (or perhaps a variant cause of TM issues)
    For a minute I thought you meant Kardashians
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicledeath View Post
    For a minute I thought you meant Kardashians
    Lol no, though that might've been amusing too.

It seems like what we'll be getting is Dwarves for Guardians and a blue-skinned Dark Elf-looking race for the Defiant.

What I would've like to see is some less humanoid races: winged races, centaur-shaped races, races with digitigrade rather than plantigrade legs, and so on.

The choice to go with reskinned Humans for all six races was a little disappointing to me, I'll admit.

I want gnomes, or at least some small humanoid on the defiant side.

I could personally not care less about non human chars, they dont do it for me

Just gonna leave this here... (E3)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ooberries2.png
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

dwarfs have been confirmed, more or less. If you look around, you will find clues that the dwarfs will get their announcement soon, they'll either get it as a guardian very soon or as a defiant a bit later.

The dark elf does make a lot of sense, but I still hope we can get a small folk. It doesn't have to be a halfling or a gnome, something like a small desert people would be cool too. No fairies.

indeed, i also hope that we can get the small ones, hopefully the cute ones

I'll play a Dwarf regardless of which faction its on. I had a Dwarf Hunter and Paladin on WoW, and leveled to 40 an Ironbreaker, Engineer, and Slayer on WAR. I just hope the beard customization is up to snuff.

Soulwalker

I would love to see some non-human type races. I actually had always assumed that playable winged races (not meaning total flight, just that they hover, hardly ever touching the ground) were kind of taboo in mmos, but then I happened upon a video of a fae character from Everquest 2. Now, I definitely don't want a fairy race, but a harpy would be amazing! They could be very humanoid, but with talons and some strategically placed plumage on their arms, legs, etc., and of course wings sprouting from their upper backs. I would think the feathers should be very colorful, like a tropical bird, or maybe less colorful, but speckled, like a hawk. They'd be vain, and perfect for the Defiant.

Also, I'd like a race that had legs with a hock (the backward-bending "knee" joint that's actually an ankle, like on cattle or horses' hind legs). I don't really want centaurs, but a satyr, minotaur, or something similar to a tauren in WoW would be pretty sweet.
    Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.
    Ronald Reagan

Soulwalker

Too be honest, i think other games have killed the non-human races to death. ...lol. Lizardmen, dog-men, dragon-men. I think i would prefer to see a ton of variation on customization, crazy hair colors, option to remove ears, tattoos, crazy pupiless eyes, things like that. I think I am good just having the ability for all of our toons to look unique and different.

Juphic Render

Quote Originally Posted by Modulation View Post
    Now, I definitely don't want a fairy race...
    I do, very please. ;/
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast