+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turn off LFG checks when joining as a party

Default Turn off LFG checks when joining as a party

Very simple request: Please turn off gear and spec checking when joining LFG as full party.

Even when a party is preassembled LFG has extra benefits: plaques, instant transport, no lockout. If we join as a full party we make sure that we have a sufficiently geared and balanced group, whatever the automated system thinks.

In the last few days we have spent precious playtime trying to beat the system into submission by changing specs, gear, etc. Eventually we decided a few times to run to an instance and zone in as usual, giving up the bonus plaques.

The main issues we encountered are that people appear as the wrong role, have minor deficits in some stat.

I understand that minimum requirements were needed for PUGs but there is no reason to enforce the same requirements for full parties.

"dps flagged roles" can tank experts, "dps flagged roles" can heal experts. Please allow the group leader to override the requirement checks.

PS: I would prefer we wouldn't have the LFG tool but since we have it, we should be able to use its advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Perros_The_Second View Post
    Very simple request: Please turn off gear and spec checking when joining LFG as full party.

Even when a party is preassembled LFG has extra benefits: plaques, instant transport, no lockout. If we join as a full party we make sure that we have a sufficiently geared and balanced group, whatever the automated system thinks.

In the last few days we have spent precious playtime trying to beat the system into submission by changing specs, gear, etc. Eventually we decided a few times to run to an instance and zone in as usual, giving up the bonus plaques.

The main issues we encountered are that people appear as the wrong role, have minor deficits in some stat.

I understand that minimum requirements were needed for PUGs but there is no reason to enforce the same requirements for full parties.

"dps flagged roles" can tank experts, "dps flagged roles" can heal experts. Please allow the group leader to override the requirement checks.

PS: I would prefer we wouldn't have the LFG tool but since we have it, we should be able to use its advantages.
    So your complaining that the looking for group tool does not cater to full groups that need no additional members. How strange

Shadowlander

Griffon, the problem is, those "bonuses" are now our, what were removed, dailies. So really, they're not bonuses at all, in fact, if you did one per day, you'd lose out on plaques. So yes, it needs to be fixed.
    2x 50 Clerics | Shatterbone
    50 Mage | Rocklift

Re-Roll : Rogue | Briarcliff |

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    So your complaining that the looking for group tool does not cater to full groups that need no additional members. How strange
    I am not complaining. I am simply requesting to get the the plaque reward benefits that we used to get before 1.2 without having to spend ~20 minutes to figure out how to beat a system into submission that is not yet fully debugged. I am happy to help with the debugging.

Is joinung as premade an abuse of LFG? I don't know but unless the system clearly states that only parties of 1-4 can join I assume that joining as a party of 5 should qualify for the bonuses, particularly since there is no alternate way for receiving the "daily" plaque reward.
    Last edited by Perros_The_Second; 05-13-2011 at 01:39 PM.

This has also been discussed extensivly here. The tool is broken plain and simple and is not a matter of:

It comes down to people having the option to run what the LFG considers undergeared or wrongly specced characters in a pre made group. one instant that occurred was last night. We got our group together and cued up for a random T2 after having to mess around and switch speccs for 10-15 minutes we finally get trions ideal group make up together by cycling through speccs till we get it right to only find out that someones stats were below the threshold considered by trion to be eligible to run a T2. It never said which player or which stat exactly was the hang up. Through trial and error with various people dropping group we discovered the player that was "under geared" so we decided to bypass the tool, took a plaque hit for not using the tool and ran to the dungeon and entered manually. We got everyone in the dungeon and ran it without a hitch.

Without a way to waive the dungeon prerequisites pre-mades are going to find themselves coming up shy on plaques. If we want to run a dungeon to gear up guildies and friends or just to fool around with new speccs we have to sacrifice plaques to do so. So instead of speeding up plaque progress the current system is actually hindering guilds that run with static groups and pre-mades.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Rift Disciple

I am pretty sure its actually working as intended. LFG implies you need additional members. You are saying you should get the LFG perks when you are not LFG. Its a way to reward PUGs and not premade groups of 5. I know people don't like to hear that, but I am sure its working as it does now because its supposed to work that way. The idea being that premade groups get plenty of rewards simply by working much better together and completing content more quickly, so PUGs get extra rewards to help keep up a bit. And yes, they basically made it so you only get daily rewards in PUGs.

The main problem with this is you can just go with 4 instead of 5 and its almost the same, except you get all the bonuses from LFG as well.
    Last edited by gcaliber; 05-16-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Thumbs down

If there were no requirement, fresh 50s would just jump into pre-made groups and que up for bonus plaques without ever having worked their way up to it.
    Sounds like a 'i want to stand around in sanctum/meridian and collect plaques without any effort' kind of thing.
    This post brought to you in part by IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by despite View Post
    If there were no requirement, fresh 50s would just jump into pre-made groups and que up for bonus plaques without ever having worked their way up to it.
    Sounds like a 'i want to stand around in sanctum/meridian and collect plaques without any effort' kind of thing.
    If 4 people are willing to carry a fresh 50 through a t2 why should the lfg tool prevent them? It's their choice and something I have done multiple times for guildies and I expect will happen to me when I get my cleric to 50 (unless I manage to gather a full set of BoE epics by that time so I don't need to be carried, halfway there by lvl 40).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Telaran

Completely agree with the OP. If people in full premade party want to make random dungeons it should be up to them to decide what kind of party composition they need. Requirements are fine for PUGs but premades should have none.

And to people who are trying to say this isn't what LFG is meant for the patch notes say:

* Dungeon Daily quests are now part of the 'Random Dungeon' options on the LFG tool.
    It doesn't say that dailies are for PUGs only, it only says the functionality is integrated to LFG.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kuukkeli View Post
    Completely agree with the OP. If people in full premade party want to make random dungeons it should be up to them to decide what kind of party composition they need. Requirements are fine for PUGs but premades should have none.

And to people who are trying to say this isn't what LFG is meant for the patch notes say:

It doesn't say that dailies are for PUGs only, it only says the functionality is integrated to LFG.
    Sounds more like poor wording on Trion's part. A group of 5 people wanting to do a dungeon is, by definition, not "LFG."

Banned

It all comes back to reading comprehension.
    It's a DUNGEON FINDER, a premade is still looking for a dungeon, not looking for a group.

Soulwalker

Well, its a simple fix. You put a tick box in there that says "Joining as premade group?" or something. Then it turns off requirement and lets you join as you are.

They are promoting community in a small way I guess, making randoms join with each other. But you'll never change the guilds that want to play together, and the ones who join randoms always will, so it doesnt really achieve that.

One tick box would solve the issue.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyballs View Post
    It all comes back to reading comprehension.
    It's a DUNGEON FINDER, a premade is still looking for a dungeon, not looking for a group.
    I would have to say its a group finder not a dungeon finder as you are calling it. LFG- looking for group, not LFD- looking for dungeon. Plus its not like you don't know where the dungeons are.

Prophet of Telara

Seeing as how the bonuses are tied to using the tool (which should never have happened in the first place) - it's completely understandable people want to queue through the tool.

Plus it saves the running to the dungeons, I believe it avoids lockouts(?), and makes it easier to decide which instance is to be run when you have a few who are like 'which one should we do'.

Now if they'd done the tool properly - there'd be an incentive for forming groups on your own, running out to the dungeon and still kept the daily quests to encourage people to go to a specific location. Leave the tool completely un-incentivized and just there for those looking to hop into a group that has an opening.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

+ Reply to Thread