+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Solo Class? (serious question)

Telaran

Default Best Solo Class? (serious question)

I'm a newb to the game and just got a Rogue to level 20. I'm noticing the rifts in gloomwood have elites. My marksman is having trouble soloing elites. I'm curious which class has good builds to solo stuff like this.

Also, does the endgame have more solo content for a certain class? Are dungeons possible to solo? I'm guessing a cleric or war with tank spec can do stuff like this. I recall in WoW my prot paladin could solo some group content and even old raids solo... thats what im looking for. Any help is appreciated.

VYM
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by astrall View Post
    I'm a newb to the game and just got a Rogue to level 20. I'm noticing the rifts in gloomwood have elites. My marksman is having trouble soloing elites. I'm curious which class has good builds to solo stuff like this.

Also, does the endgame have more solo content for a certain class? Are dungeons possible to solo? I'm guessing a cleric or war with tank spec can do stuff like this. I recall in WoW my prot paladin could solo some group content and even old raids solo... thats what im looking for. Any help is appreciated.
    Best solo=necro+lock or ranger+marksman or pala+reaver (for killing 4-6 mobs at once :P). Wanna solo elites? Lulz. Its not WoW. Only uber blue geared pre lvl 50 tank can kill same lvl elite, but with using Lay on Hands (im sure u know what i mean :P) Pets are bad joke in Rift, coz they are weak and very fragile.

And yes, i have lvl 50 t1-t2 geared warr, lvl 42 rogue and lvl 42 mage :P

I am no expert, but here is what I've experienced so far. I have a couple toons in the midegame so that's where I'm coming from. So, with that in mind, nothing solos quite as well as my ranger. Not only that, but the abilities you get along the way are highly useful and beneficial. Plus, you don't die so much, if things so south, forget the pet and run for it.

When I'm playing a mage, my necro solos very well too. He doesn't handle AOE too well (I never make it past stage 4 on rifts... AOE just isn't there at low levels) but he can take out just about anything one on one. Feign death also have saved my butt on numerous occasions... it's super handy. Oh, I forgot to mention I can solo some elites with both pet classes. Knowing what you're doing plus the ability to summon a fresh pet instantly halfway through the fight helps me beat most of them.

When I'm being a cleric I think it changes a lot depending on how many points you have. Early on I found Justicar to solo well... it's just slow. Once I had enough points to make inquisitor sing, I could really mow stuff down.

And my warrior is collecting dust. Meh. I'll figure him out later.
    Last edited by camelotcrusade; 05-13-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VYM View Post
    Best solo=necro+lock or ranger+marksman or pala+reaver (for killing 4-6 mobs at once :P). Wanna solo elites? Lulz. Its not WoW. Only uber blue geared pre lvl 50 tank can kill same lvl elite, but with using Lay on Hands (im sure u know what i mean :P) Pets are bad joke in Rift, coz they are weak and very fragile.

And yes, i have lvl 50 t1-t2 geared warr, lvl 42 rogue and lvl 42 mage :P
    Untrue.

An Elementalist with it's pet can solo using Cloro as it's base damage dealing healing properties " FOR SOLO" elites. Sure not of Boss caliber but..... Very good for the solo player over the aggro losing Necro pets that DO more damage but lose aggro and have less HP then the Tanking pet the Elementalist has. Just depends on how long you want to fight an elite. PvP is another matter
    Last edited by P-51; 05-13-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Rogue :Ranger/Bard/MM has great survivability.
    Cleric Inq/Sent/Warden is a nice caster cleric
    Mage : Necro//Warlock/Chloro is a nice mix too.
    With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain

Sin/BD hybrid can solo an elite no problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

If there is room to kite a MM can kill most elites
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Plane Touched

Every calling has a combo that can solo elites. The best soul combo will vary by level.

To answer the OP's questions:

No, there is not more endgame solo content for one calling over another.

The dungeons you'll want to be doing at 50 are not soloable by any calling atm.

Rift Disciple

Elementalist/Chloromancer can easily solo elites. Heck, my Ele/Chloro build at level 50 can solo normal CC an AP bosses.

I could solo elites my level with my justicar. Focus on things that give you health back, and I put some points into sent for some added heals/shield. Mind you this build was ONLY to solo elites for quests or whatever. I went back and forth between an inquis and shaman build for normal questing and dungeons.

My cleric is only level 43 so I'm not sure how well that type of build will work later on but so far so good for now.

There are some elites I can solo with my 50 necrolock so just play around and find a class you like then look for an elite soloing build for that class.

Ascendant

The top four soloing classes, in no specific order, are rogue, warrior, cleric and mage.

Telaran

thanks for the responses. I guess i'll stick with my rogue for now

I've been able to solo major rifts in shimmersand up through stage 4 with my ele/chloro...I can't get past stage four because my dps isn't enough to beat the timer. My elemental is able to hold argo on 3 lvl 50 elites with no problem

No doubt in my mind: Ranger/Marksman/Bard! I soloed my way to 50, well maybe grouped 3 times with some people to kill some elites. But yea, I love that combo. My Slayerpiggy is a great tank and my bard buffs add to attack, crit and HP. Yup, fun stuff!

My new Guardian toon uses the same souls.

Ascendant

The class that can solo the most content has to be elementalist/chloromancer. Not the fastest, but definitely the "best" soloer if there is one. No better elite killer in the game.
    Last edited by Vember; 05-13-2011 at 10:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast