+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alot more Balanced now then ever

Default Alot more Balanced now then ever

Everyone dies now in PvP. My healer/tank cleric was able to survive WFs without dieing but now its pretty hard, same with my warrior.
    Me killing you in your WFs
    Whats Left of Rift PVP Community: Average Players with Uber gear and bots
    Visualize lvl 50 Rogue
    ZinCarla lvl 50 Warrior
    Contender lvl 30 Cleric

Ascendant

I agree. Seems no set "combo" is dominating wfs now, unlike the pyro/cleric combo. I think there is a counter to everything atm. Some harder than others, but nothing steamrolling others.

The changes are too new, and rogues are still adapting and theory-crafting. The pendulum hasn't stopped swinging yet.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    I agree. Seems no set "combo" is dominating wfs now, unlike the pyro/cleric combo. I think there is a counter to everything atm. Some harder than others, but nothing steamrolling others.
    I beg to differ. With all the FotM Sabos dusting off their rogues for MM spec, every warfront has become "who has the most rogues/mages" usually win.

You get 1 mage and 1 rogue or 2 rogues on 1 person and they die in about 4 seconds.

The game has become "who has the most range people pumping out 1000 dps while you can't even touch them, snare them or cc them."

Good lord, was at Codex yesterday and 2 pyrods and 2 mm rogues. Just forget it. You are dead as soon as you peek around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    The changes are too new, and rogues are still adapting and theory-crafting. The pendulum hasn't stopped swinging yet.
    This. Give it another week or so.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    I beg to differ. With all the FotM Sabos dusting off their rogues for MM spec, every warfront has become "who has the most rogues/mages" usually win.

You get 1 mage and 1 rogue or 2 rogues on 1 person and they die in about 4 seconds.

The game has become "who has the most range people pumping out 1000 dps while you can't even touch them, snare them or cc them."

Good lord, was at Codex yesterday and 2 pyrods and 2 mm rogues. Just forget it. You are dead as soon as you peek around the corner.
    How so? Before it was how many mages = win. If now it includes mages & rogues, it's more balanced than "just mages", isn't it?

2-3 healers in a wf is necessary, 2 mages is very good to have, 2 warriors, etc.

If you have a balanced team it usually works out better than all mages and rogues. That's been my experience.

Prior to 1.2, I honestly think short of 1-2 clerics being needed, more mages meant a win.

Rift Master

I'm amazed this thread has gone as long as it has... a whole 6 posts... without someone mentioning warriors. I'm starting to think people forgot they exist.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 05-13-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

actualyl i would say its who has the "BEST" healers now

not self healing tanks, I like the balance, the game is fun
    Derezzed - 50 - Guardian
    Rank 4 PVP
    Guild - None ATM

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander Salavone View Post
    I'm amazed this thread has gone as long as it has... a whole 6 posts... without someone mentioning warriors. I'm starting to think people forgot they exist.
    Guess you didn't actually read the first post.

Oh and "a lot" .... DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander Salavone View Post
    whats this woriors that i keep hearing about? is it some kind of secret mystery skill?

but in general yea i agree, the game is pretty well balanced, now it just focuses a bit too much on DPS PEW PEW

Every class forum is full of QQ's now. That's balance.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    How so? Before it was how many mages = win. If now it includes mages & rogues, it's more balanced than "just mages", isn't it?
    You missed 2 facts:
    before it was how many pyro = win. Because of pyro squirrel/buffed fullminate or 2-3 shot combo.
    Now = pyros and MM, because of CC changes gives much less chances for any other spec.

Thats the difference - before it was "You have 4-5 specs and 1 of them is OP at PvP", now it is "You have 4-5 specs and 2 or 3 of them worth existing for PvP". But I dont care too much about it, I dropped my pvp-roles for more pve specs and it wasnt pyro or warlock.
    Last edited by Kervalen; 05-14-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Rift Disciple

yea its balanced when 80% of the souls arent used in pvp lol

Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    yea its balanced when 80% of the souls arent used in pvp lol
    If only as a sub spec most souls are well represented.
    There can only be one best Soul for each Class playstyle, so naturally main specs will flock to those.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

This is coming from a cleric healer only running premades:
    it is atm ****ing balanced. MM is the new fotm and tbh it could be HELLUVA lot worse.

Pre 1.2: we ran 2x stormcallers and 2x clerics in immortal specs + void knight = steamroll everything (except better premades with similiar setups).

Post 1.2: we run various grps, sometimes with MM's, sometimes with 2 Riftblades as main dps and its so much more fun to be able to beat other premades who desperately tries to cling to whatever is/was overpowered. The mages can now properly run chloro without being terribly outperformed by immortal clerics and elementalist tree suddenly has become very appealing.

And probably most important, CC changes:

Dominators and VK's are still excelling in crow controlling just like they did before, they just not OVER THE ****ING TOP insane at it. In a kids-pvp-game like all modern MMO's, CC isnt supposed to be a must have for a succesfull grpīs (read daoc).

Too me, this patch is an epic win for the diversity that rift was intended to have from the start. And dont feel pigeonholded into playing a class, it's a new patch, find new ways to please your grp instead of staring yourselves blind @ dps/hpsmeters and try to find synergy between utilities and classes!
    Last edited by podd; 05-16-2011 at 04:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast