Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eradicate for Everyone

Shadowlander

Default Eradicate for Everyone

simple make:
    a 44 point no cooldown double ranged purge for dominator
    a 44 point no cooldown double melee ranged purge for shaman
    a 44 point no cooldown double melee ranged purge for beastmaster

now everyone can spec for it if they want it at the cost of Damage and utility...
    would make higher spec of those souls more common...

Rift Disciple

There are more deadly build on MM that dont have erradicate, I know i have played MM since launch in PVP. If someone chooses this 44 pointer then fine, by the time they strip the buff they are doing NO dps, they may drop you in the end but will take longer than other HIGH dps MM builds.

If you think that its OP then please LTP.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Azzazal View Post
    There are more deadly build on MM that dont have erradicate, I know i have played MM since launch in PVP. If someone chooses this 44 pointer then fine, by the time they strip the buff they are doing NO dps, they may drop you in the end but will take longer than other HIGH dps MM builds.

If you think that its OP then please LTP.
    i agree, its simply utility, sure atm some specs are suffering due to their self buffs being removable..

i assume this will be fixed lickety split, on the other hand a MM has to sacrifice allot to get the eradicate and if all the callings could get it for a similar sacrifice, then what can they cry about?

i know the shaman line has a CRAPPY interrupt at like 44 its horrid, if they had a melee version of eradicate it would semi make up for the lackluster dps of higher shaman.. although id still like to see massive blow actually hit for a massive amount for once...
    Last edited by draceld; 05-13-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draceld View Post
    simple make:
    a 44 point no cooldown double ranged purge for dominator
    a 44 point no cooldown double melee ranged purge for shaman
    a 44 point no cooldown double melee ranged purge for beastmaster

now everyone can spec for it if they want it at the cost of Damage and utility...
    would make higher spec of those souls more common...
    Sure, just give the Saboteur, Ranger and Marksman souls a 44pt field that increases magic resist by 60, armor by 70% and grants cc immunity.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 05-13-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Sure, just give the Saboteur, Ranger and Marksman souls a 44pt field that increases magic resist by 60, armor by 70% and grants cc immunity.
    Oh...I want it!

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

... and lowers your overal dps by 10%? k
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Every purge should be baseline for the PvP soul and have the same CD.

Give every Tank soul a low-root purge with no CD.

Remove every other dispel from every other soul.

And can't move? Yeap, you most definately all can have this ability.
    Abraxis, 50 guardian mage - Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post

I'm actually starting to hop on board the, pvp soul is a bad idea train. I don't want every class to have equal access to every form of purge, cc removal, less crit chance from players, less xxx from xxx, more xx from xxx. I don't want every class to just have the exact same options as everything else. It is just getting too lame.
    Abraxis, 50 guardian mage - Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrimm999 View Post
    I'm actually starting to hop on board the, pvp soul is a bad idea train. I don't want every class to have equal access to every form of purge, cc removal, less crit chance from players, less xxx from xxx, more xx from xxx. I don't want every class to just have the exact same options as everything else. It is just getting too lame.
    I was talking about Purge. I assumed this thread was in regards to PvP. If you're PvP'ing, you should be in your PvP tree.

They could do some tweaking to make the PvP Souls a little more interesting, but if Purge is important enough to give out, then it should be equalized. People shrug off purges way too easily without fully understanding the potential match-breaking effect an intelligent player purging from the back can make.

Archon in Black Gardens is a great example. If the Fang team is bunching up behind a tree/wall like they usually do, you can purge-spam through the wall and strip HoTs, Shields, Cooldowns, etc. I've won more than a few matches this way. Cheeky? Yeah, definitely. But it works. Bridge or the Spawn point where groups seem to huddle up is another good example (Scion).

Rift Master

That's pretty dumb. There was a reason shaman was the only class with a powerful purge in WoW. Purge isn't just an annoyance to people. It actually breaks 30-40% of the classes in this game.

As I've said before, CC, purge, healing reduction and mana drains are probably the most powerful abilities in any MMO. Every class shouldn't have them, and definitely few range classes should have them.
    Last edited by Saboth; 05-13-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    That's pretty dumb. There was a reason shaman was the only class with a powerful purge in WoW. Purge isn't just an annoyance to people. It actually breaks 30-40% of the classes in this game.

As I've said before, CC, purge, healing reduction and mana drains are probably the most powerful abilities in any MMO. Every class shouldn't have them, and definitely few range classes should have them.
    Purge being as broken as it is right now only feels that way because Trion lacks the insight to anticipate the outcome of their balance changes. They're too busy making puns about Azeroth and Horde to notice that this game is quickly becoming more and more like WAR.

The post you quoted is under the assumption that they WANT Purges to be as prevalent as they are now. I'm just suggesting they equalize them all, except for Tanks, There are ramifications that come with my suggestion in the PvE world, and since that's the only area this game makes any sense, it should be kept in mind.

Sez

Rogues are obviously not unique! Give everyone else stealth and purge and bows and bombs!!

/facepalm
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Rogues are obviously not unique! Give everyone else stealth and purge and bows and bombs!!

/facepalm
    Not sure what your point is. Everyone has a dispel. Rogues just have the one that isn't in line with the rest.

Come to think of it, Rogues weren't even originally given a dispel, were they?

Rift Master

Not sure what your point is. Everyone has a dispel. Rogues just have the one that isn't in line with the rest.

Come to think of it, Rogues weren't even originally given a dispel, were they?
    Nope, it's new. What's funny is, before the patch, as more and more people were figuring out "hey, healing reduction is awesome" and speccing into it, thus making my life as a healer pure hell, I literally said to myself "well at least warriors and rogues don't have dispels, or else things would really be crappy". And I was in utter disbelief when the patch came out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast