+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.2 - Patch of 2 mage specs.

Telaran

Default 1.2 - Patch of 2 mage specs.

So everyone has been complaining forever that Pyro's hit too hard. That Soul Purge is OP in Necro/lock.

What does Trion do?

Make a patch that makes EVERY single mage that wants to PvP pigeonholed into either of this specs, because every other spec is either trash, relies on a buff that is never buffed, or relies on CC (LOL).

Let's see what went wrong with this patch, shall we?

First, to my new and short-lived love, Dominator. I had some fun times for the past week finally trying out a Dom heavy spec. I won. A lot. Duels, WFs, open-world, whatever. I knew how to chain my CC, all a Dominator can really do, and I knew how to do it well. I popped on for a duel after patch. It's, uh... It's pretty fun, in a painfully sarcastic and sadistic way. I'm fine for the first 10 seconds of the fight where I can keep my enemy CC'd... Then I die in the next 14 while I wait on DRs running in circles crying for my mommy because I can't do anything at all. I hopped in a Warfront and it was even worse. Arresting Presence is a worthless waste of charge. All I am now is a mana-drain battery, and one that's MUCH worse than a VK at that.

Second, to the main issue everyone has discovered. Debuffing.

For this part, I think I'm going to go back to my previous game and spec, the World of Warcraft Enhance Shaman. Everyone knows Enhance Shaman were pretty lackluster for most of the game. When Cataclysm came out, they were FINALLY worth a crap. They did decent burst damage, had decent survivability, and most importantly... Had a 2 stack debuff on no CD at a low mana cost. (Sound familiar?) This skill made it a few weeks before getting smacked HARD with the nerf bat (reduced to 1 buff per cast, mana cost increased IMMENSELY. As a fully epic PvP geared enhance, you could cast it 7 times before going OOM.)

Now, something WoW had that rift doesn't have much of is trash buffs. Rift has some, yes, but not nearly as many, which magnifies the problem 100 fold. In WoW, once the Purge nerf hit, Enhance had NO prayer of killing, say, a disc priest, as he couldn't reliably purge their shields through their trash buffs. This is nary a problem in Rift, as that Chloro that you're taking 3 stacks of buffs off of every second probably only has 3 buffs in the first place.

Another thing about this situation is in WoW, there were very few buffs that made up the core ability of the class. They few that did had buff protection.

I know everyone hates hearing/talking about WoW, but in this instance, it really does show where this needs to head. The situation wasn't nearly as drastic, either, with 1 less buff being taken, a shorter range, and much more buff protection.

I understand you Marksman are happy with your newfound OPness, but seriously, stop arguing that this is okay. I'm a mage. I've said Pyros and SP are OP since 1.1. Just be realistic and maybe, JUST MAYBE, this game can be fun for EVERYONE, not the FOTM rollers.

P.S. I has a sad. The spec I've been running since beta (45lock/21chlor) is relatively worthless now. Oh well. Time to go spec Pyro and shoot out some 6k crits.

Xsi

While I agree, a more explicit method should of been added tags to various souls that states:

This soul is not intended for PvP.

(Easy to implement and it's Trion's real intent)
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Everyone knows Enhance Shaman were pretty lackluster for most of the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7s6lP2Bd6w

Didn't need legendaries or many epics to do this. Only an unstoppable force.

Edit - he even backpedals and clicks trinket lol.
    Last edited by Sanctaa; 05-12-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Tenderly, Warrior of < Learn to Play >
    Freeholme Server
    R.I.P Emberlord Server

Sword of Telara

Windfury procs used to make me want to throw my monitor, that video took me back

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctaa View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT_zO...eature=related

Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin View Post
    Now, something WoW had that rift doesn't have much of is trash buffs. Rift has some, yes, but not nearly as many, which magnifies the problem 100 fold. In WoW, once the Purge nerf hit, Enhance had NO prayer of killing, say, a disc priest, as he couldn't reliably purge their shields through their trash buffs. This is nary a problem in Rift, as that Chloro that you're taking 3 stacks of buffs off of every second probably only has 3 buffs in the first place.
    I've seen buffs cascading so far off a player they blot out a column on my screen in Rift. I think you're nuts.

I thought this thread was going to be about Rift. Most of the OP is about WoW.

wat

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I've seen buffs cascading so far off a player they blot out a column on my screen in Rift. I think you're nuts.
    Give a MM 6 seconds and he'll fix that for you.

Another 6 and he'll kill that player for you so you'll have plenty of extra screen space.
    Last edited by Shredicus; 05-12-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Dominator's obviously for pve now, doing over 400k damage to the last boss in the new 10 man with reflects. Mechanics which they intended to happen I'm sure. Clom ftw (Chloro/dom)
    ~Xe
    50 Guardian Mage
    Guild: Condemned
    Deepstrike Shard
    Chlominator 4life.

What is this guy crying about again? I'm pretty sure that rogues have only two viable specs at the moment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
    Give a MM 6 seconds and he'll fix that for you.

Another 6 and he'll kill that player for you so you'll have plenty of extra screen space.
    You expect the MM to spend the first 6 seconds of every encounter stripping buffs? Are you just standing there watching him do it, or do you have him half dead already?

Ascendant

You expect the MM to spend the first 6 seconds of every encounter stripping buffs? Are you just standing there watching him do it, or do you have him half dead already?
    depends what you are playing, as a chloro, who are particularly vulnerable to buff strips anyways, im sure the draining bolt/ruin/dark touch that tickled the rogue probably didnt kill him. (im assuming you didnt cast anything since he probably hit you with the instant interrupt/silence off GCD if you tried)

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    depends what you are playing, as a chloro, who are particularly vulnerable to buff strips anyways, im sure the draining bolt/ruin/dark touch that tickled the rogue probably didnt kill him. (im assuming you didnt cast anything since he probably hit you with the instant interrupt/silence off GCD if you tried)
    When I'm barding, I don't run around without anyone to support. I suspect a sensible chloro would do the same, or he'd respec to a damage build more suitable for Rambo action.

Telaran

When I'm barding, I don't run around without anyone to support. I suspect a sensible chloro would do the same, or he'd respec to a damage build more suitable for Rambo action.
    Because that Marksman is always by himself, amirite?

I also love arguments saying "I'm pretty sure rogues only have 2 viable specs right now too." Even though that's TOTALLY false (NB/Assassin/MM/Bard(kindof)), it doesn't excuse the dispel being OP.

Sov

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctaa View Post

If I had a pound coin for every pixel in that video, I'd have 1.
    'This disease you call "Hope" is eating you alive'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast