+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What 1.3 Needs To Do

Banned

Yes another thread claiming end of the world and they'll quit unless they get there way....

it was a good patch. i bought another months sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Deioth View Post
    I think I speak for far more players than you'd like, Trion, when I say this:

If the 1.3 alpha notes don't say, "Most of our entire class balance team has been replaced" ~OR~ "We're reverting all changes sans bug fixes since 1.0 and trying again" there will be a lot of subs dropping.

I was going to try a cleric, but I don't want to deal with the MM purge spam destroying my viability. I was going to try Dominator, but no, my squirrel is worthless now. I was going to try rogue... well, that might actually be worth a shot (I'd be going melee, too). But for all intents and purposes my Beastmaster is shelved until I don't need SLI as a crutch which is a crying shame because he was my main. My alts aren't even in double digit levels yet and my BM is level 46, has been since the 1.2 notes were posted.

Stop destroying a good game with bad balance. This is ridiculous.
    Please don't mistake a new game going through some hard lessons and tough choices as bad dev's.

Also its pretty presumptuous to think that a "lot of subs" dropping if they don't fire their team, or revert changes.

I will take your comment as passionate superlative shouting, to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Are there some problems, and headaches and difficulties currently for specific souls? Sure. It's something I hope is corrected, and believe will work out in the end.

If you choose to leave over it, then have a good one.
    -Crash the silence for the sake of memory-

If we learn from history, we will see in 1.3 Paragon get +500% damage boost and a 60m attack range.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Soulwalker

It was a good patch, in many respects.

Truly another step towards being balanced. Not every class will ever be able to stand toe to toe with all others; that isn't balance. For that to happen, there could only ever be one class. That is not what Rift is.

Everyone is now crying Rogues are overpowered, this is simply because you are now noticing them more since they have been brought to the standard of the other classes. For once we can compete with others. Eradicate needs a cooldown, yes, but aside from that, Rogue cannot out perform another class in any single area. That's just dandy to me.

Eradicate needs to be brought in line with the other classes, but no nerf is needed to the souls themselves; there are still some sub-par souls in the rogue archtype. It is just nice to see god mode turned off on certain souls.

I await any future additions eagerly.

-KiZai

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    You're upset that you have to spend two...2...points in Paragon for an additional 48% damage?

Man, some people are never happy.
    Actually, yes. I'm upset that I'm literally forced to invest into Paragon, whether I want to or not. I'm upset that I'm literally forced to use SLI not to be competitive but to even be effective. In 1.0, as a BM, my bleeds were a danger and while I lacked burst I did damage in PvP. After 1.1 rolled in, I didn't bother, because my damage took that much of a nose dive. Then, I tried SLI, and I realized where literally half of the warrior calling's problem lies (at least insofar as its DPS aspect is concerned). Not only was I at least back to levels I was in 1.0, I was surpassing them. The major issue with warrior damage (or more realistically Champion damage) was the armor pen bug. Coupled with SLI, it's no wonder we were considered comparatively as bad as pyros, but at least we required being in melee range to do it and at least we could get away with NOT taking paragon.

Warriors are the Tiny Tims of Rift because we need SLI as a crutch. Neverminding that the current design of things requiring a 2-point skill for literally every DPS build is just bad design, it's against everything Trion advertised Rift to NOT have and NOT be. Things are only getting worse, too. And this is all aside from Beastmaster issues specifically that have still yet to be addressed or even acknowledged.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Sounds to me like you're a FOTM chaser and don't like that they change anything.
    Maybe you should play a class you enjoy rather than jumping around.
    Been beastmaster since headstart. I have only one other role and it's for tanking. If I were FOTM, I'd have taken Paragon ASAP and likely dropped my pet so I could get Titan's Strike. I've been playing the class I enjoy, or I used to enjoy, until I was either forced to subject myself to poor performance or the SLI crutch. I pick a spec because it sounds cool and fun. It used to be. I don't feel inspired much at all try work through my alts because these changes, and the lack of acknowledgment on some of the most significant issues, isn't doing much for my faith in this game. I want to play my main, but he has become a chore.

Rift Master

If the 1.3 alpha notes don't say, "Most of our entire class balance team has been replaced"
    I LoLed at this.

So true.

Ascendant

Actually, yes. I'm upset that I'm literally forced to invest into Paragon, whether I want to or not. I'm upset that I'm literally forced to use SLI not to be competitive but to even be effective. In 1.0, as a BM, my bleeds were a danger and while I lacked burst I did damage in PvP. After 1.1 rolled in, I didn't bother, because my damage took that much of a nose dive. Then, I tried SLI, and I realized where literally half of the warrior calling's problem lies (at least insofar as its DPS aspect is concerned). Not only was I at least back to levels I was in 1.0, I was surpassing them. The major issue with warrior damage (or more realistically Champion damage) was the armor pen bug. Coupled with SLI, it's no wonder we were considered comparatively as bad as pyros, but at least we required being in melee range to do it and at least we could get away with NOT taking paragon.

Warriors are the Tiny Tims of Rift because we need SLI as a crutch. Neverminding that the current design of things requiring a 2-point skill for literally every DPS build is just bad design, it's against everything Trion advertised Rift to NOT have and NOT be. Things are only getting worse, too. And this is all aside from Beastmaster issues specifically that have still yet to be addressed or even acknowledged.
    In fairness, most rogue specs required ~15 points in nightblade for effective damage because the bottom of the NB tree gives ANY rogue spec like 20% extra damage.

Most mage specs got more out of speccing 30 points warlock for +20% damage than they did out of spending more points in the primary tree. (31 pyro to 51 pyro only gains 12% damage from burning bright)

Be happy you can pull off 48/96% extra damage with a low low 2 point investment, that basically lets you go 31 in two other trees. one of my specs has 2 points in a tree...its giving me 2% crit, not even close to comparable to 48% more damage.

Banned

warriors brought down to normal levels i 1.1 =good
    mages mildly tickled and pyros still overpowered in 1.2 = not so good but right direction
    clerics having the adamantium shell of invulnerability weakened slightly = right direction
    rogues brought up out of the sewer of weakness to normal level = good

Nothing wrong with this patch - apart from making t2s too easy

Quote Originally Posted by syn2083 View Post
    Please don't mistake a new game going through some hard lessons and tough choices as bad dev's.

Also its pretty presumptuous to think that a "lot of subs" dropping if they don't fire their team, or revert changes.

I will take your comment as passionate superlative shouting, to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Are there some problems, and headaches and difficulties currently for specific souls? Sure. It's something I hope is corrected, and believe will work out in the end.

If you choose to leave over it, then have a good one.
    Bug fixing AND nerfs at the same time is bad development. Not acknowledging the significant issue overwhelming an entire calling's PvE/P DPS aspect is negligence at the least. Having this patch come through where nothing about us is fixed or touched up (and in fact nerfed arguably more than it was boosted with the whole CC change and MM purge, and we were far from the only ones) is upsetting, period. It took them a while to get back to the Void Knights which, from what I've heard, suffered nerf after nerf until they were almost worthless and now they seem to be viable again. But, that was during beta. I don't like sitting around staring and waiting for them to maybe notice SLI and finally fix up the warrior calling as a whole. I want to play the game, but it's not fun feeling like I'm whacking everything with a wet noodle unless I sacrifice my playstyle, one that worked perfectly well not two months ago.

Seriously, if they do not at the very least take a strong solid look at SLI and do something significant to the four offensive warrior souls to cut out our need for SLI (and then make DW worth a damn for Paragon) when their alpha is ready for 1.3, I mean it when I say there may be more warriors than they'd like leaving. It's not a threat. It's a cry to Trion to wake up because I've got $15 a month I'd like to spend on something I enjoy playing. At least if SLI is addressed I'll stick things out a bit longer if BM specifically isn't touched up, but if warriors don't see the SLI problem worked on like they worked on Assassin and VK, I've lost patience. I'm sick of being Rift's Tiny Tim with the SLI crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    In fairness, most rogue specs required ~15 points in nightblade for effective damage because the bottom of the NB tree gives ANY rogue spec like 20% extra damage.

Most mage specs got more out of speccing 30 points warlock for +20% damage than they did out of spending more points in the primary tree. (31 pyro to 51 pyro only gains 12% damage from burning bright)

Be happy you can pull off 48/96% extra damage with a low low 2 point investment, that basically lets you go 31 in two other trees. one of my specs has 2 points in a tree...its giving me 2% crit, not even close to comparable to 48% more damage.
    Then there's half the problem with Rift's class design, in general. Not nearly enough full 51 point investments are worth the sacrifice to second/third soul low-tier access from maxing out a single soul's branches. But, I think one of the key differences here, if I'm reading you right (I don't even have a level 10 alt yet so I don't know other classes enough), is that no other class is required to use up their core class mechanic to become not just competitive but effective. We essentially have to build up six attack points per finisher because we need SLI up at all times. That's a big difference from needing 15 points for passive bonuses. I'd take that in a second. Hell, warrior tanks already need to, it's Paladin/Reaver/X because Paladin's too much mitigation and Reaver's too much AoE-threat by comparison, yet neither are worth more than 26 to 32 points. However, no warrior tank needs to use up a finisher and essentially build up 6 attack points in order to tank effectively. Very key difference.

Shadowlander

Default jej

Eradicate for Everyone

simple make:
    a 44 point no cooldown double ranged purge for dominator
    a 44 point no cooldown double melee ranged purge for shaman
    a 44 point no cooldown double melee ranged purge for beastmaster

now everyone can spec for it if they want it at the cost of Damage and utility...
    would make higher spec of those souls more common...

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by draceld View Post
    Eradicate for Everyone

simple make:

now everyone can spec for it if they want it at the cost of Damage and utility...

Let's just remove all buffs from the game and save the redundancy.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 05-13-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Ascendant

Then there's half the problem with Rift's class design, in general. Not nearly enough full 51 point investments are worth the sacrifice to second/third soul low-tier access from maxing out a single soul's branches. But, I think one of the key differences here, if I'm reading you right (I don't even have a level 10 alt yet so I don't know other classes enough), is that no other class is required to use up their core class mechanic to become not just competitive but effective. We essentially have to build up six attack points per finisher because we need SLI up at all times. That's a big difference from needing 15 points for passive bonuses. I'd take that in a second. Hell, warrior tanks already need to, it's Paladin/Reaver/X because Paladin's too much mitigation and Reaver's too much AoE-threat by comparison, yet neither are worth more than 26 to 32 points. However, no warrior tank needs to use up a finisher and essentially build up 6 attack points in order to tank effectively. Very key difference.
    Its not really giving up your class mechanic. SLI is off the GCD(so its like it costs 1 less attack point as you can use a builder instead of a consumer) and buffs your damage. while finishers do good damage, they dont make up 48% of your damage.

Its hard to compare a mage to a warrior for "mechanics," i mean i guess if i had to make a comparison....i cant use my charge consuming damage abilities most fights because its much more important i keep up my 20% damage buffs that are off GCD and consume charge.
    Last edited by Caldern; 05-13-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by draceld View Post
    Eradicate for Everyone

simple make:

= Arkana. Rogue. Cloudborne =

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast