+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most Warrior and especially Rogue souls need massive nerfs in anti CC

Rift Disciple

Default Most Warrior and especially Rogue souls need massive nerfs in anti CC

Whats the point in having CC in the game if you can't use it? Most Rogues and Warriors seem immune to every type of slow or stun you throw at them leaving them standing there beating on you with no defense other than to move away which when they are using charges and teleports is impossible. Any anti CC/anti stun skills they have should be capped at 3 seconds immunity max! Them being perma immune to everything except damage is just ridiculous. You may aswell just remove all CC from pvp if this is the case. NERF THIS .

Shadowlander

What makes you think that being able to make it so an enemy player can't do anything(aka cc) is what the development team thinks would make for great pvp gameplay?

so, you rather being chain stunned to death?

Soulwalker

Too much CC in general, and AoE CC in particular, will do this with the new CC immunity timers.

Giving so many souls CC abilities, and then adding immunity because there's too much CC, is the MMO equivalent of a dog chasing its own tail

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    These changes should only apply to Warrior and Rogues, they have a ridiculous amount of anti CC and benefit from them the most. The CC in game is fine, but the anti CC Warrior and Rogues have needs a nerf to make it more balanced.

Soulwalker

You should really learn to read the patch notes. There is a new immunity timer that affects all classes not just warrior and rogues. Clearly you or your team are over using your CC abilities and putting them on immunity. I'm not saying I agree with the new immunity timer because I think it is way over the top especially since it makes no considerations between longer and shorter CC abilities.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Caution View Post
    These changes should only apply to Warrior and Rogues, they have a ridiculous amount of anti CC and benefit from them the most. The CC in game is fine, but the anti CC Warrior and Rogues have needs a nerf to make it more balanced.
    I hate the 5 minutes edit restriction. /rant off

You keep saying warriors and rogues get all these immunity abilities yet you don't mention one of them. Do you even know what abilities a warrior and rogue have at there disposable? You also realize that there are different souls that make up the warrior and rogue classes? Heck every class can take the PVP ability Break Free which has a 5 second immunity.

I really hope you are just getting burned by the new immunity timer, otherwise you are an idiot.

Whats the point in having CC in the game if you can't use it? Most Rogues and Warriors seem immune to every type of slow or stun you throw at them leaving them standing there beating on you with no defense other than to move away which when they are using charges and teleports is impossible. Any anti CC/anti stun skills they have should be capped at 3 seconds immunity max! Them being perma immune to everything except damage is just ridiculous. You may aswell just remove all CC from pvp if this is the case. NERF THIS .
    Just a FYI, they aren't immune because of anti CC abilities, they are immune because they are targetted much more often and are eating a ton of CC thus becoming immune.

Soulwalker

Really? How about you you can not cast while being melee? That makes sense to? Do not hate because you can not chain stun or root or what ever you are trying to do. Melee has to get to you and if you want to fight someone melee head on as a caster or whatever you are stupid. You should not win a melee fight as a caster if you are in range or stupid enough to end up in range after blowing toys.

They actually did nerf at least one Rogue "anti-CC" ability. Shadow Stalk (Riftstalker 14 point root ability) used to remove all snares, roots and stuns. Now it just removes "movement impairing abilities". So it no longer drops stuns, which was actually easily the most useful part of that skill.

I'm sure other skills in other souls got a similar treatment.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Telaran

What class do you play? A Pyromage with 10k crits or a infinite heal Cleric?

Rift Disciple

I bet my rediculous goverment salary that the OP is not talkin about anti CC skills the wars or rogues use, but in the fact the new cc immunity with the new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon21 View Post
    I bet my rediculous goverment salary that the OP is not talkin about anti CC skills the wars or rogues use, but in the fact the new cc immunity with the new patch.
    ...and he can't even spell ridiculous. God Bless America.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    They actually did nerf at least one Rogue "anti-CC" ability. Shadow Stalk (Riftstalker 14 point root ability) used to remove all snares, roots and stuns. Now it just removes "movement impairing abilities". So it no longer drops stuns, which was actually easily the most useful part of that skill.

I'm sure other skills in other souls got a similar treatment.
    Ranger's skill Escape Artist as well. Used to remove stun and movement impairing abilities and grant immunity to them for 4 seconds, 8 seconds with talent (which is now useless, thanks), but now it doesn't grant immunity. I learned this the hard way.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    Speaking for myself, yes, I would.
    I'm so BORED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast