+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Patch goes live, people react

Sword of Telara

Default Patch goes live, people react

group "Champions and sabs are out of control. They kill me before I can do anything to them. Nerf them Trion or I quit/reroll!"
    Champs/Sabs "omg QQ more noobs, you need to adapt. We're fine, you just need to figure out how to beat us.
    Clerics *whistle*
    Trion "lets swing the pendulum so far in the other direction that people are baffled and reroll. nerfs!

Champs/Sabs "We're USELESS just delete the calling"
    Mages "HA! payback time, eat it ******"
    group "Clerics and Pyros are out of control. Pyros kill me before I can do anything to them, even if I could they're CC immune. Clerics can life forever 4v1. Nerf them Trion or I quit/reroll!"
    Pyros "omg QQ more noobs, you need to adapt. I wear cloth and am really squishy, he cant kill you if he's just healing. You need to use, you know, TEAMWORK to lock us down and kill us. Ever heard of purge? lol nubs. And besides, if you nerf us pyros then nobody can kill the clerics, do you really want invincible clerics?"
    Clerics "dont bring me into this"
    Trion "Lets make CC have extreme DR and offer a way to make buffs more vulnerable. We liked how pyros feel with no CC worries. CC nerfs and rogue purge buffs!"

Mages "We're USELESS just delete chloro and dom from existance"
    Rogues "HA! payback time, eat it ******"
    group "MM rogues are out of control. They eat buffs with NO COOLDOWN! Nerf them Trion or I quit/reroll!"
    Rogues "Hey, we're fine you QQ nubs. You just need to adapt, and you know, layer your buffs. Besides, if you nerf us who will strip buffs off of the clerics? Do you really want invincible clerics?"
    Clerics "seriously leave me the **** out of this."
    Trion *watches as the natives turn on each other*
    Last edited by Corebot; 05-12-2011 at 09:42 AM.

the sad part, its all true....

Champion of Telara

That was good. Thanks!
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

Goes back to beta too... I miss my OP VK.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

You forgot to add:

"Champs: We're STILL useless. Even moreso with snare DR and buff stripping, there goes my SLI."
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Soulwalker

* whistles *

Champion

That cleric sounds like a champ (not a champion)!

Also liked the lack of warriors in patch 1.2!
    Last edited by searion; 05-12-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Soulwalker

be more like the clerics forums - complain so loud that nobody will think to look at how OP you are

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by searion View Post
    That cleric sounds like a champ (not a champion)!

Also liked the lack of warriors in patch 1.2!
    I noticed fewer warriors as well... oddly enough I'm better off in 1.2 as a warrior then I was in 1.1... cc management is less of an issue for me, than getting one shot via mage FPS skills.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Xsi

Ah, I'm not sure you all realize this but MM buff stripping is a blessing in disguise. That means they aren't bursting you down while you spam the same heals over and over trying to stay alive.

Here's a thought, how about a debuff removed from opponent and a debuff removed from the Marksman?

That sounds like a nerf. Right?
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Sez

Gawd people, take a joke post for what it is; A JOKE.

9/10 Very nice
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Sad, true, and funny all in one post, very well indeed.
    Abraxis, 50 guardian mage - Seastone

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post

group "Champions and sabs are out of control. They kill me before I can do anything to them. Nerf them Trion or I quit/reroll!"
    Champs/Sabs "omg QQ more noobs, you need to adapt. We're fine, you just need to figure out how to beat us.
    Clerics *whistle*
    Trion "lets swing the pendulum so far in the other direction that people are baffled and reroll. nerfs!

Champs/Sabs "We're USELESS just delete the calling"
    Mages "HA! payback time, eat it ******"
    group "Clerics and Pyros are out of control. Pyros kill me before I can do anything to them, even if I could they're CC immune. Clerics can life forever 4v1. Nerf them Trion or I quit/reroll!"
    Pyros "omg QQ more noobs, you need to adapt. I wear cloth and am really squishy, he cant kill you if he's just healing. You need to use, you know, TEAMWORK to lock us down and kill us. Ever heard of purge? lol nubs. And besides, if you nerf us pyros then nobody can kill the clerics, do you really want invincible clerics?"
    Clerics "dont bring me into this"
    Trion "Lets make CC have extreme DR and offer a way to make buffs more vulnerable. We liked how pyros feel with no CC worries. CC nerfs and rogue purge buffs!"

Mages "We're USELESS just delete chloro and dom from existance"
    Rogues "HA! payback time, eat it ******"
    group "MM rogues are out of control. They eat buffs with NO COOLDOWN! Nerf them Trion or I quit/reroll!"
    Rogues "Hey, we're fine you QQ nubs. You just need to adapt, and you know, layer your buffs. Besides, if you nerf us who will strip buffs off of the clerics? Do you really want invincible clerics?"
    Trion *watches as the natives turn on each other*
    the only consistent thing about PvP balance in Rift, is it's clear Trion has NO IDEA what they are doing.

I played chloro thru all of this, then in 1.2 they decided chloros shouldn't even exist apparently in pvp. Ive paid enough money already to this game, and the only thing that has held true, is that Trion is clueless.
    Mesk
    [Lunchbox Bandits]

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    the only consistent thing about PvP balance in Rift, is it's clear Trion has NO IDEA what they are doing.

I played chloro thru all of this, then in 1.2 they decided chloros shouldn't even exist apparently in pvp. Ive paid enough money already to this game, and the only thing that has held true, is that Trion is clueless.
    Its better now than its ever been balance-wise

My consolations for your difficulties in the time being, but we all know it will get fixed soon.

If you really can't deal with the current situation, just leave for a few weeks and come back when its all better.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Clerics *whistle*

Clerics
    "dont bring me into this"

So true. Since launch, all Clerics have asked for is their bugs to be fixed. What most people on the forums never understood was that *most* of the complaints about Clerics were either (A) people's delusions that all Clerics are heal/tank/DPS builds in ONE role, or (B) the result of an actual game bug (Blessing of the Martyr triggering off all damage).

Honestly, Clerics have been well balanced since launch, and at most just needed their bugs fixed and some of their underperforming spells/skills tweaked. There's a reason why they've never gotten a major class overhaul (outside of the armor tweaks in Inquisitor), and that it because they basically do their job, do it well, and aren't nearly as OP as the screaming masses make them out to be.

When I played a Cleric, I was never invincible. I was built to be hard as hell to kill, and I paid for it in unfocused healing and below-average DPS. Now that I've moved to a Rogue* I see these mighty Clerics, and I understand why they're so hard to fight, and it does not bother me. As a Nightblade I can debuff a Cleric's heals, but I'm still fighting a chain wearing, self-healing defensive target (who probably detaunted me as soon as I came out of Stealth). I can get solo kills if I'm lucky, and that is how it should be. Against a Cleric of equal skill I don't honestly expect to win. But if I can pressure him into playing defensive he's not healing his team, so I'm still reducing his ability to help out, and that's still a win for me.

The problem with patches is 25% actual problems created by the patch, and 75% player overreaction and hyperbole.

* For the record I started my Rogue *after* 1.1, and long before 1.2 was even announced. And I stopped playing my Cleric shortly after I hit PvP R3, so I never built one of those BotM exploiting builds.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast