+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between Healing and Eradicate?

Rift Chaser

Default What is the difference between Healing and Eradicate?

Both are Passive abilities that don't kill people and shut down another player.Yes Healing shut down DPS classes if somebody healing a player you are trying to kill you can't kill them.

Why is healing the only support function is that accepted seriously Debuffing,Buff Stripping,Crowd Control and Mana Draining are in same category they don't kill other person and help your team to win.

What said that said if was 20 energy instant cast heal that had no cooldown people would throw hissy fit .Yes it needs a cool down about some where 3 to 6 seconds but intent is to strip away all buffs and it is 44 point ability.

I am tired DPS and healing being the only roles in PVP.People do you know what end result will be right instead of Healers always being focus fired trained.Marksmen will be focus fired trained in games as well and unlike healers ,Rogues melt when focused on.Any non DPS support role in the game is good thing
    Last edited by Kirabi; 05-12-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Xsi

You're coming to the true core issue with PvP balance in RIFT. High burst damage vs. healing burst/stacking.

Eradicate is just a tool to diminish both extremely unbalanced aspects already in the game given to particularly powerful and unbalanced souls/combo souls abilities.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirabi View Post
    Both are Passive abilities that don't kill people and shut down another player.Yes Healing shut down DPS classes if somebody healing a player you are trying to kill you can't kill them.

Why is healing the only support function is that accepted seriously Debuffing,Buff Stripping,Crowd Control and Mana Draining are in same category they don't kill other person and help your team to win.

What said that said if was 20 energy instant cast heal that had no cooldown people would throw hissy fit .Yes it needs a cool down about some where 3 to 6 seconds but intent is to strip away all buffs and it is 44 point ability.

I am tired DPS and healing being the only roles in PVP.People do you know what end result will be right instead of Healers always being focus fired trained.Marksmen will be focus fired trained in games as well and unlike healers ,Rogues melt when focused on.Any non DPS support role in the game is good thing
    How do you figure healing is some kind of passive? Maybe for a bard?

I have 15 to 20 sectors of a grid to monitor 24/7, and have about 20 abilities that can't be macro'd (unlike most rogues and warriors) and have a split second to determine which of those abilities is the best for each one of those 20 people.

Rift Chaser

He does have a point. Things are breaking down to being "Do damage. Do negative damage (heal)." That's it. People are ignoring the other aspects of PvP far too often.

Rift Chaser

The intent is to strip away buffs but when you compare it to other dispels you can see the glaring imbalances. There needs to be at least a short cooldown on the ability, as it is a marksman can counteract hot's/shields/buffs from 3 other non-rogue players due to the shorter rogue GCD and the fact that eradicate removes 2 effects at once while players (outside of certain abilities) only apply 1 buff at a time.

Dispels are a good thing but there are some features of classes that shouldn't be dispellable and the no cooldown on an offensive dispel that affects 2 buffs at a time is also a bit over the top. Let MM keep eradicate but with a 6 second (shorter than any other offensive dispel) CD and with certain buffs being made undispellable, for example Justicar Miens or salvation as they are extremely core components of the soul and make it unplayable without them.

Instead of nerf eradicate how about they just shorten everyone's gcd to 1sec and make it so you receive two buffs from cast.

I wouldn't mind eradicate if i could put up two HoT's every second.
    Last edited by Lifeline; 05-12-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    If you played FFXI then add me to your friend list.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    How do you figure healing is some kind of passive? Maybe for a bard?

I have 15 to 20 sectors of a grid to monitor 24/7, and have about 20 abilities that can't be macro'd (unlike most rogues and warriors) and have a split second to determine which of those abilities is the best for each one of those 20 people.

Taking away your buffs does not kill you just like Healing person does not kill opposition.If Left alone pure healer will never kill you,Just like Marksman focus on taking away your buffs won't kill you.It provide valuable support by taking away buffs from characters crippling and lowering the performances on others.

Honestly ability should have been on the Bard class imo it would been have choice than Marksman the DPS class.It would have perfect support role pvp ability.

Rift Master

Taking away your buffs does not kill you just like Healing person does not kill opposition.If Left alone pure healer will never kill you,Just like Marksman focus on taking away your buffs won't kill you.It provide valuable support by taking away buffs from characters crippling and lowering the performances on others.

Honestly ability should have been on the Bard class imo it would been have choice than Marksman the DPS class.It would have perfect support role pvp ability.
    When 90% of my heals are hots, it pretty much does kill me. When you remove 2 at a time every ONE second, that leaves *plenty* of time to slip some dps in there. People keep saying "well, if I am spamming it, no one is dying. Why would you have to spam it? Each time I cast a buff or hot, I have a 1.5 second cooldown. For me to even put up 2 buffs or 2 hots, that is 3 seconds of game time. That's a 1:3 ratio of you removing 2 things every 1 second and it taking me 3 seconds to cast 2 things. That leaves 2 seconds for dps.

SKu
    Telaran

When 90% of my heals are hots, it pretty much does kill me. When you remove 2 at a time every ONE second, that leaves *plenty* of time to slip some dps in there. People keep saying "well, if I am spamming it, no one is dying. Why would you have to spam it? Each time I cast a buff or hot, I have a 1.5 second cooldown. For me to even put up 2 buffs or 2 hots, that is 3 seconds of game time. That's a 1:3 ratio of you removing 2 things every 1 second and it taking me 3 seconds to cast 2 things. That leaves 2 seconds for dps.
    This isn't a valid argument, rogues have this thing called energy starvation, which turns our instant 1s, into more like a 1.5-2s ability while we wait for energy, and the only dps being done on our side at that time would be auto attack. I think they should leave it as a no GCD ability but make it cost 40 or even 50 energy so it cannot be spammed.
    Last edited by SKu; 05-12-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SKu View Post
    This isn't a valid argument, rogues have this thing called energy starvation, which turns our instant 1s, into more like a 1.5-2s ability while we wait for energy
    The skill in question costs 20 energy, the same amount that rogues regenerate per second. You're not being starved.
    50 Cleric - Silkweb Defiant - <1.21 Gigawatts>

Rift Chaser

When 90% of my heals are hots, it pretty much does kill me. .
    No.Dying and like dying are to different thing.At end of Markman stripping of all your buffs you are alive.At the end of when Sab,Champ,Pyro(when where OP) attacking you where dead.

If people have noticed No offensive dps class is really complaining about buff being gone because the second you realize that marksmen taking buffs you attack it,Which makes the MM choose between attacking back or taking buffs and 99% of time the choice is taking attack back.If you are Pure healer you have give up your ability to attack in other to heal meaning that your teammate job is to keep that marksman off you.

Time to go real world me shooting you in the leg is like me shooting you in head.No stripping buffs does not kill you acting like it does is ridiculous.Does Eradicate need a cooldown yes but intent is take away buffs and alots of them.Hopeful this time unlike they don't go overboard like mana drains.

Pandora box has already open people have seen the value of buff stripping more Warriors carry Spell sunder now,Inquisitor always carried Purge,etc.Even when a cooldown down comes players will team up with Marksman to strip buffs.

Telaran

No.Dying and like dying are to different thing.At end of Markman stripping of all your buffs you are alive.At the end of when Sab,Champ,Pyro(when where OP) attacking you where dead.

If people have noticed No offensive dps class is really complaining about buff being gone because the second you realize that marksmen taking buffs you attack it,Which makes the MM choose between attacking back or taking buffs and 99% of time the choice is taking attack back.If you are Pure healer you have give up your ability to attack in other to heal meaning that your teammate job is to keep that marksman off you.

Time to go real world me shooting you in the leg is like me shooting you in head.No stripping buffs does not kill you acting like it does is ridiculous.Does Eradicate need a cooldown yes but intent is take away buffs and alots of them.Hopeful this time unlike they don't go overboard like mana drains.

Pandora box has already open people have seen the value of buff stripping more Warriors carry Spell sunder now,Inquisitor always carried Purge,etc.Even when a cooldown down comes players will team up with Marksman to strip buffs.
    First, please learn to English.

Second, Inquisitors always carried Purge. They get it for putting a few points in Inquisitor.

Third, you seriously cannot argue that eradicate is fine as it is. I just need to say one word to prove this. Chloromancer. They're totally worthless in PvP now, as they can get maybe 1 or 2 heals off every 30 seconds before they get stripped again by that marksman pewing off eradicate after eradicate every second.

no one is arguing that purge type spells need to be removed from the game (or at least they shoudlnt be)

but you said it yourself, its OP in its current state and needs a cooldown

for example chloromancers aren't intended to do massive damage but purging LGV effectively permanently nullifies them

justicars don't do very much damage either and are affected simmilarly

healing = nullifies damage

purging = nullifies healing

but if purging is OP as hell, then healing is gone, and that lets dps run rampant which just turns pvp into a crapshoot of who can pull the trigger first

and all this is amplified by the fact that CC no longer is effective (dps runs even more rampant)
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 05-12-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Sez

I have 15 to 20 sectors of a grid to monitor 24/7
    You shouldn't really be playing more than 6/5. You need a job/girlfriend imo.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Reduce to 1buff/cast or add cooldown of 4-6s and it adds a combo pt. They could even hotfix the 2 vs. 1 buff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast