+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WTB buffs!

Default WTB buffs!

I knew before 1.2 went live that I would be getting stripped of all my buffs more often, but wow is this unreal. Not only have the MM come out of the woodwork, but mages can do it too and there are a ton specced for it.

If Trion reads this, please find some way to slow this down... A LOT! I don't mind being stripped of buffs a few times a WF, but constantly!?! This has to be overboard. Put a 30 second reuse timer on these abilities or replace them with something else.

I dealt with it last night, but I was averaging getting buff stripped 5 times in BG..the quickest WF of all of them. The average was slightly higher in the other WF's.

One scenario last night was me vs a MM and I got my buffs removed far faster than I can replace them. While trying to replace them I'm of course getting damaged at quick pace and they would get removed again. LGV and Warlock armor can add up to some nice survivability for a class that doesn't do much dps and has to try and outlast his opponents.

Do abilities like Eradicate really need to be instant cast, ranged, AND have no CD? 44 points or not to get it, it really needs to at least have a decent CD placed on it so it can't be spammed. And I don't think a 6-8 second CD is anywhere near enough.

Banned

44. points spent. Its fine. Its been live for 5 minutes - learn to adapt.

Rift Disciple

There is absolutly no reason to buff you in group pvp anymore.
    This has made several souls completly broken, wardes, purifier, chrolomancer etc.

I knew before 1.1 went live that I would be getting one shotted more often, but wow is this unreal. Not only have the Pyromancers come out of the woodwork, but stormcallers and warlocks can do it too and there are a ton specced for it.

If Trion reads this, please find some way to slow this down... A LOT! I don't mind being stripped of most of my HP a few times a WF, but being one shotted constantly!?! This has to be overboard. Put a 2 minute reuse timer on these abilities or replace them with something else.

I dealt with it last night, but I was averaging getting one shotted 5 times in BG..the quickest WF of all of them. The average was slightly higher in the other WF's.

One scenario last night was me vs a Pyro and he could chain burst me far faster than I could LoS him. While trying to interrupt him I'm of course getting damaged at quick pace and he was simply immune. Ground of Strength can add up to some nice survivability for a class but shouldn't do much dps and try and outlast his opponents.

Do abilities like Fulminate really need to be instant cast, ranged, AND have a short CD? 51 points or not to get it, it really needs to at least have a decent CD placed on it so it can't be used constantly. And I don't think a 45 second CD is anywhere near enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    44. points spent. Its fine. Its been live for 5 minutes - learn to adapt.
    I honestly tried to find an intelligent response to your trolling, but I don't think you could grasp it anyways.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    I honestly tried to find an intelligent response to your trolling, but I don't think you could grasp it anyways.
    or you have no point to make.

Eradicate is not the issue, its not even an issue. I supect it'll take some people more than one day after the patch to work that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadern View Post
    There is absolutly no reason to buff you in group pvp anymore.
    This has made several souls completly broken, wardes, purifier, chrolomancer etc.
    Exactly. Either make class defining abilities like LGV passive so they can't be stripped, put a decent CD on Eradicate, or replace them with something else useful.

I used to get my buffs stripped 1-2 times a WF which I thought was good because it kept me on my toes but wasn't going overboard. Now it's upwards of 5 to 10 times a WF depending on the WF and that just seems like all your doing is replacing buffs at which point it becomes reasonable to ask why even have buffs if it's going to happen this often.

Chloro is already in a sad state, having LGV constantly removed makes it dirt. Its too bad that more people will move to Pyro because of this and then Nand Chan who apparently gets owned by Pyros a lot will really be unhappy.
    Last edited by Tiberius1; 05-12-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    That guy never trolls....ahh I forgot. He never whines either....he is just complaining on justified matters in a proper manner....

My intelligence is violated whenever I read his posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

Banned

Pity i'm always right then.

I was right about mages and their mechanics.
    I was right about warriors
    I was right about cc
    I was right about pyros

I'm right about this.

Ascendant

or you have no point to make.

Eradicate is not the issue, its not even an issue. I supect it'll take some people more than one day after the patch to work that out.
    Are you MM BTW? You seem to be posting extremely defensive replies in all threads on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    That guy never trolls....ahh I forgot. He never whines either....he is just complaining on justified matters in a proper manner....

My intelligence is violated whenever I read his posts.
    That's hilarious.

I made my response to it and that's as much as any troll will ever get from me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Are you MM BTW? You seem to be posting extremely defensive replies in all threads on this subject.
    its one of my pvp specs after the patch. Its why i can see such a terrible range of play from the other side of the fence. So many people yet to adapt.

Pre patch i played sab a lot (post nerf). for the novelty value, and watching the same poor players try and figure what this strange rogue dancing around doing no damage for 5s was.

If there were fewer badly thought out complaints (apparently saying the w word is bad) then there'd be fewer replies so less wh i mean 'complaining' and adapt.

its one of my pvp specs after the patch. Its why i can see such a terrible range of play from the other side of the fence. So many people yet to adapt.

Pre patch i played sab a lot (post nerf). for the novelty value, and watching the same poor players try and figure what this strange rogue dancing around doing no damage for 5s was.

If there were fewer badly thought out complaints (apparently saying the w word is bad) then there'd be fewer replies so less wh i mean 'complaining' and adapt.
    Since you're such an expert then, how about you give me your idea for a counter for MMs as a Cleric Warden healer? Since you can strip 2 buffs in one GCD and Wardens can only apply 1 buff every GCD and they're dependent on their hots, how do you suggest a warden healer counter an MM spamming eradicate?

Everyone knows eradicate needs a CD and likely it will get one....I wish peeps would stop making it seem like it is deserved cuz it's a 44 point ability..

Until then, just adapt!! kinda...
    Oh no, I herp'd my derp. --Ghostcrawler

Buff stripping wouldn't be an issue if LGV, meins, cavalier, and maybe some VK stuff were made immune to it, along with hyper expensive craftable self buffs. If that were done, eradicate would be fine imo.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 05-12-2011 at 05:15 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast