Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your class isn't unbalanced, you just suck.

Soulwalker

Default Your class isn't unbalanced, you just suck.

Sorry to tell you but those who complain constantly about their callings or even soul composition are likely the ones who run gung ho into a PVP battle, do not use tactics such as staying together and focus firing on their targets and ultimately expect that because they can't kill someone who has better gear, better strategy, a pocket healer and uses more than just two mashable macro buttons that they should be unkillable.

I've played with my Warrior and done the most damage in warfronts in tank mode, that's how crap some guys are. I've played with my mage in Pyro mode and been absolutely dominated because the other team recognise me and focus fire me where-ever I go while the rest of the guys on my team don't know how to move in groups and keep each other alive.

From my view, if you're one of the gimps who constantly moans about class imbalance, you're likely one of the gimps who never plays a support role and believes that your character should be Conan the Barbarian and able to decapitate a horde of 15 players without any issue what so ever.

I play with a latency of 215-250 MS from NZ which means any time you run in a circle around me or leap about, I'm at a profound disadvantage to you in any combat, you get close to me as a melee class when I'm maging and all I can do is hope to stun you and kill you. Do you see me complaining and saying that Trion only supports it's American players and that everyone should be given an artificial latency to compensate? Or that players from NZ should have GCD removed? No, because I compensate my strategy based on that and also compensate my strategy on what soul I'm playing.

Stop crying that you're not as talented as other players who use a full range of abilities. Yes, Pyro is unbelievably easy to play and deal good damage with, but the guys who are just macroing their **** are so easy to take down it's not funny, they have no idea what skills they have and how to use them - they're easy targets.

Nuff said. Stop the QQ, realise that this game with it's template mechanics will always throw up new challenges in the PVP sector and that balance is a team vs team perspective rather than "OMG, I can't kill a mage if I'm 30 metres away from him and he sees me coming" or "OMG, a rogue always kills me if they get behind me in stealth and can stun me"

I never thought about it like that before, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Rift Disciple

OP has a point. Class imbalances do happen, but it only makes a huge difference if you have no skill to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalera View Post

I've played with my Warrior and done the most damage in warfronts in tank mode, that's how crap some guys are. I've played with my mage in Pyro mode and been absolutely dominated.

i think you are suck and the one who always demoralized your team constantly when losing. yell GG when win.

Wait, what do you mean? Are you saying that there are people who are bad at video games? Hmmm, give me some time to ponder this revalation.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh1993 View Post
    OP has a point. Class imbalances do happen, but it only makes a huge difference if you have no skill to compensate.
    That's like saying "If you have enough skill you can win Wimbeldon with a frying pan instead of a tennis racket, but that's only true if you assume nobody of equal skill uses a propper racket.

The whole argument that you can compensate for a gimpy class with more skill is just wrong, because it completely ignores the fact that skilled people can also use overpowered classes.

Plane Touched

I play a class that is defined by a buff that can be dispelled and can't be recast for a while...yes...I must be a bad player, I should of totally prevent that dispel.

Sorry to tell you but those who complain constantly about their callings or even soul composition are likely the ones who run gung ho into a PVP battle, do not use tactics such as staying together and focus firing on their targets and ultimately expect that because they can't kill someone who has better gear, better strategy, a pocket healer and uses more than just two mashable macro buttons that they should be unkillable.

I've played with my Warrior and done the most damage in warfronts in tank mode, that's how crap some guys are. I've played with my mage in Pyro mode and been absolutely dominated because the other team recognise me and focus fire me where-ever I go while the rest of the guys on my team don't know how to move in groups and keep each other alive.

From my view, if you're one of the gimps who constantly moans about class imbalance, you're likely one of the gimps who never plays a support role and believes that your character should be Conan the Barbarian and able to decapitate a horde of 15 players without any issue what so ever.

I play with a latency of 215-250 MS from NZ which means any time you run in a circle around me or leap about, I'm at a profound disadvantage to you in any combat, you get close to me as a melee class when I'm maging and all I can do is hope to stun you and kill you. Do you see me complaining and saying that Trion only supports it's American players and that everyone should be given an artificial latency to compensate? Or that players from NZ should have GCD removed? No, because I compensate my strategy based on that and also compensate my strategy on what soul I'm playing.

Stop crying that you're not as talented as other players who use a full range of abilities. Yes, Pyro is unbelievably easy to play and deal good damage with, but the guys who are just macroing their **** are so easy to take down it's not funny, they have no idea what skills they have and how to use them - they're easy targets.

Nuff said. Stop the QQ, realise that this game with it's template mechanics will always throw up new challenges in the PVP sector and that balance is a team vs team perspective rather than "OMG, I can't kill a mage if I'm 30 metres away from him and he sees me coming" or "OMG, a rogue always kills me if they get behind me in stealth and can stun me"
    cool story brah

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ebethil View Post
    That's like saying "If you have enough skill you can win Wimbeldon with a frying pan instead of a tennis racket, but that's only true if you assume nobody of equal skill uses a propper racket.

The whole argument that you can compensate for a gimpy class with more skill is just wrong, because it completely ignores the fact that skilled people can also use overpowered classes.
    Fail interpretation.
    "OP" classes still have counters. No class is gimped. Some classes scale better with skill than others.

Plane Walker

Ah, sure, all classes are perfectly viable, you can play whatever you like and the only thing that will affect your performance is your personal skill... It's just a total coincidence that all the people with exceptional skill are using the same few builds.

Making dumb statements like that really doesn't help your case, it just shows how ignorant and misinformed you are.
    Last edited by Ebethil; 05-12-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Wait, what do you mean? Are you saying that there are people who are bad at video games? Hmmm, give me some time to ponder this revalation.
    He's actually saying more than that, but it's probably was beyond the 140-character limit your tweet-size brain can take in all at once.
    Last edited by Kerin; 05-12-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Lol at skill - brain surgery that is skill - concert pianist that is skill - pushing pixles around and hitting 1234
    is skill??? - you guys crack me up

mad props NZ due, wonder if its just ppl from herethat are smart nough to L2P, altho i dont hav th latency issue you do

The problems arise when it's the two mashable macro button classes who are dominating simply because of the strength of their class.

Most of us have a certain respect for the rogue who owned us with a gimp class and had to play with skill to beat us. It's much harder to respect the pre 1.1 Sab who was throwing on 5 charges and one-shotting anything with less than 75% health. Much harder to respect the Pyro who stands on a godmode AoE self-buff and can't be CC'd, who suddenly obtains as much mitigation as a plate-wearer, and has the capability of 1-shotting people. Tough to admire the pre-1.1 Champion who spams two macros to three-shot you while you're stunned.

The easier the role is to play, the more powerful it seems to be. Fortunately, Trion has begun to address that, but there's still more to do. You should have to use more than 4 or 5 abilities to have an impact in PvP, but unfortunately, that's not how it has been to this point.

Rift Disciple

It's an unwillingness to think any further about the game and critique oneself that makes people suck. They make bad builds and/or suck at using them. They don't understand skill usage or movement strategy. They simply don't have the tools to problem-solve.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast