Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why buff the coward class?

Shadowlander

Default Why buff the coward class?

Why would Trion reward the personality type that chooses a stealth class with an OP class killer spec (MM 44+)? Unchecked buff striping in such a buff dependent environment is unarguably game breaking.

It seems to me that the blatant PVP advantages of stealth and other cowardly skills given to the rogue class would be enough.

It also makes sense to give this style of play a fairly high skill cap to reward the truly skilled twitch gamers with success at mastering a difficult class while leaving the bad players crying about how weak they are.

It makes no sense to give this class a simple button mashing spec that is going to dominate PVP with such ease.

The rogue class should be designed to reward amazing play and punish poor play. Not the other way around.

1.2 didn't fix the bad rogues. The bad ones will still be bad.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Soulwalker

Heh...

Come out and face me coward! Show yourselAACKK!! * thump *

Coward class really? I don't want to make real world analogs to fictional silliness but this just begs me to cite the many times in history commanders have trusted that their honor and chivalry would render them superior, and then got shot through the visor from a hundred yards or shanked in their tents.

Wait...whats this on my hands? Its all over me! Agghh! I'm covered in troll bait! NoooooAACKKK!

* cough * ...cow... * sputter *

* thump *

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tynwald View Post
    Why would Trion reward the personality type that chooses a stealth class with an OP class killer spec (MM 44+)? Unchecked buff striping in such a buff dependent environment is unarguably game breaking.

It seems to me that the blatant PVP advantages of stealth and other cowardly skills given to the rogue class would be enough.

It also makes sense to give this style of play a fairly high skill cap to reward the truly skilled twitch gamers with success at mastering a difficult class while leaving the bad players crying about how weak they are.

It makes no sense to give this class a simple button mashing spec that is going to dominate PVP with such ease.

The rogue class should be designed to reward amazing play and punish poor play. Not the other way around.
    Such is what happens when you make a weak class work for you for two months, then its brought up to par. Rogues are gonna destroy you now.

Reverse happened for warriors and mages - month or two of overpowered means they can't cope without their crutches anymore.

I'm particularly enjoying making those mages who sat in circles pulling 40-0 kilrates eat 0-8, and same for their cleric buddies.

Sez

Hey look, a pyro just one shot you.

*Slip Away*
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Such is what happens when you make a weak class work for you for two months, then its brought up to par. Rogues are gonna destroy you now.

Reverse happened for warriors and mages - month or two of overpowered means they can't cope without their crutches anymore.

I'm particularly enjoying making those mages who sat in circles pulling 40-0 kilrates eat 0-8, and same for their cleric buddies.
    Rogues easily forget the days of lolsabs... every class has had a 'crutch' the past couple of months.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Telaran

You forgot to add the ability to heal yourself that some classes have to the list of 'cowardly skills'. Oh and what's with all those warrior cowards having more armor than other classes? I mean, nevermind the advantages my class gives me over others, if they have advantage over mine, it's cowardice, right?

I think Eradicate in its current form is a gamebreaking ability (some souls should have some of their buffs made into passives and Eradicate should have a CD to make it OK), but your reasoning is beyond stupid.

So using stealth to strategically kill your opponents = coward?
    And I suppose running and using something like On The Double to keep myself safe as a RANGED class makes me a coward too?

Yes, Eradicate needs a cooldown. I have no idea why you just called a huge population of the game a bunch of cowards though.

+1 for thread title
    Quaildove@Deepwood

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by psychosis View Post
    You forgot to add the ability to heal yourself that some classes have to the list of 'cowardly skills'. Oh and what's with all those warrior cowards having more armor than other classes? I mean, nevermind the advantages my class gives me over others, if they have advantage over mine, it's cowardice, right?
    If he were a real man, he'd step out of his cowardly protective armor and fight me... with his fists.

Really, when Warriors strip their plate, Mages cast only in melee, and Clerics stop healing themselves, I'll ditch stealth. All this QQ about stealth is incredibly stupid.
    Last edited by Chrysostom; 05-11-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Cowardly huh?
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tynwald View Post
    Why would Trion reward the personality type that chooses a stealth class with an OP class killer spec (MM 44+)?
    if they want to nerf eradicate with a cooldown im all for it but they better drop it down to the lower part of the tree like Inq dispel and give us a big dmg skill for 44points

all this crying over our dispel but we have to spend 44 points just to get it, and Inq get it at 10 points

give eradicate a 10sec cooldown and throw it to 10 points in then give us a big dmg skill for 44 to replace otherwise dont even bother
    Nebiros / Bonestorm <Abandon All Hope>
    4/4 DH -- 4/4 GP -- 5/5 GSB -- 4/4 ROS -- 1/4 ROTP -- 1/11 HK

Rift Disciple

Debate this on my thread.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by archanouss View Post
    Debate this on my thread.
    ^Red flag this as a troll.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    1.2 didn't fix the bad rogues. The bad ones will still be bad.
    No, the bad ones are now o.k. The good ones before are now called OP and faceroll. I've been called OP, and FOTM several times since this patch with my sin. Why? Because I don't suck. The patch just allowed those people that needed a crutch (see most MMs) to get one. The rogues that were good before the patch weren't running around asking for buffs. They just wanted things to work right. Big difference.

Just look at most of the rogues on the forums talking about eradicate. Most of them are scrubs. They sucked before, and they will only be mediocre now. That's the reason why certain key skills are given no cooldown, and almost no cost. So they can spam them because they are too bad at the game to know when to use certain abilities for the best effect.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithedge View Post
    Heh...

Come out and face me coward! Show yourselAACKK!! * thump *

Coward class really? I don't want to make real world analogs to fictional silliness but this just begs me to cite the many times in history commanders have trusted that their honor and chivalry would render them superior, and then got shot through the visor from a hundred yards or shanked in their tents.

Wait...whats this on my hands? Its all over me! Agghh! I'm covered in troll bait! NoooooAACKKK!

* cough * ...cow... * sputter *

* thump *

the op is one of "THOSE" people. lol
    Looking to buy Rift, or another PC game? Direct2drive is having a Refer a Friend program where you can get 15% off your order. Click the link and you will get a code, just use the code in the "Promotion Code" slot during checkout.
    http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/gCG0c

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast