+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about AOE farming and mob reset range

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Default Question about AOE farming and mob reset range

So I've done a lot of aoe grinding for xp and loots on both mage and rogue and one of the things you learn when trying to pull as many mobs as possible is that if you pull them too far they reset back to the spot where you initially got aggro on them.

Today I have just been grinding xp and I'm seeing this reaver who seems to be able to pull all the mobs in an area regardless of how far they are from their starting point. I've even seen mobs start to run back to their spot but somehow he pulls them back in which I thought was impossible.

Does anyone know a way to do this or am I just hallucinating?

Do Reaver's have some kind of pulsing AoE that keeps ticking on enemies around him?
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    Do Reaver's have some kind of pulsing AoE that keeps ticking on enemies around him?
    Honestly I don't really know much about the reaver tree except that they have death damage dots that they can spread to multiple enemies.

I just know that when a mob is in their reset phase you can't do damage to them or add aggro so I thought maybe there was some kind of taunt that can be used to get around this mechanic

Soulwalker

They only reset if you are not doing damage to them past a certain point. If you keep a dot up you can have a mob chase you across the entire map.

Quote Originally Posted by artophwar View Post
    They only reset if you are not doing damage to them past a certain point. If you keep a dot up you can have a mob chase you across the entire map.
    ah okay thanks

Rift Disciple

Reavers have a speccable ability that allows any of their DOTs to apply itself to mobs around him. In this way, he can keep mobs engaged.

It's pointless to be pulling so many mobs though. Groups come in about 4+ packs and many of them snare and root, making it a bloody waste of time trying to corral them up. You're better off just picking a pack and killing it then moving on.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

eh they seem to run away with vex on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post
    eh they seem to run away with vex on them.
    Hmm..maybe the vex expired?

Or...I'm guessing here, but I think the mob resets if you wait too long before attacking it again.

When I'm pulling a group together with my cleric, if I feel like I'm taking too long, I'll turn around and whack the group with an AoE attack to make sure they keep following me.

No...they won't...

+ Reply to Thread