+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW lvl 40 warrior/mage skills proposition: please leave feedback

Rift Disciple

Default NEW lvl 40 warrior/mage skills proposition: please leave feedback

Take a look at these two skills, and leave a comment below on wether they should be added to the game or not.

Etheral Form (mage, archmage tree)
    cast time: instant
    cooldown: 2 minutes

This skill is useable when the mage drops below 90% hp, or when there is any (real or perceived) chance for the mage to lose an encounter with an enemy.

For the next 15 seconds, you are immune to all damage and hostile effects except AoE spells. Aoe spells have a 50% chance to miss for the first three seconds, and a 99% chance to miss after that. However, you take 0 damage even if struck by an AOE in the first 3 seconds (LOL ).

If you are struck by an AoE or DoT, etheral form fades 15 seconds later, and you reappear 2 minimap ranges away from your opponent's sight in a random direction.

This immunity effect lasts indefinately if you are not struck by a DoT or AOE within 5 seconds of initiating etheral form.

While in ethereal form, you are immune to being damaged, CCed, or targeted by other players. You can, however, break out of etheral form at any time to deal 500 dmage and stun an opponent for 4 seconds.
    Ethereal form can be used in the middle of combat, and without trigger a global cooldown.

Salvation Shield (warrior, paladin tree)
    cast time: instant
    cooldown: 2 minutes

Useable whenever the warrior is about to take a hit that will result in 0 HP.

You gain a shield that makes you untargetable and immune to all damage and CC that has not already been applied. Only AoE skills can damage you but with every passing second, the chance of AoEs missing on you is increased by 33%. However, AOEs deal 0 damage to you for the first three seconds of Salvation Shield (LMFAO yea i know).

When salvation shield is turned off, you are repositioned 2 minimap ranges away from your opponent's sight in a random direction. Salvation shield can be used in the middle of combat, and does not trigger a global cooldown.

I think the addition of these two skills would lead to a very skill-based, rewarding, and accountable PvP experience. Especially on PvP worlds.

There is obviously nothing imbalanced about them, is there? I am sure a good player will still be able to counter these two new spells' effects, and somehow kill (or even find) a warrior or mage that essentially teleports 2 minimap ranges away in the middle of combat.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by archanouss; 05-11-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

31 views and no replies?

Or is this thread putting the problem in such simple terms that even the most troll-minded individuals cannot deny its magnitude?

Tell me people: Are these skills balanced or not? Why?

Rift Disciple

I'm bored i'll bite.

You want our stealth fine take it. But to be fair you get a debuff that lowers the max hit of any ability to 600 damage except every 6th ability, that one is allowed to hit for 1200. You also get a debuff that reduces all OUTGOING healing by 100%. you also have to use rogue energy. I think that would be about fair.

It's simple a rogue is built around having stealth, other calling aren't. Honestly you just sound like some pve hero scrub that joined a wf and got wrecked by a rogue. If you have problems killing a sin or nb you are doing it wrong.

inb4 I'm a full rank 6 gear pvp god.
    Intoxicating of Persona
    Defiant Galena

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicating View Post
    I'm bored i'll bite.

You want our stealth fine take it. But to be fair you get a debuff that lowers the max hit of any ability to 600 damage except every 6th ability, that one is allowed to hit for 1200. You also get a debuff that reduces all OUTGOING healing by 100%. you also have to use rogue energy. I think that would be about fair.

It's simple a rogue is built around having stealth, other calling aren't. Honestly you just sound like some pve hero scrub that joined a wf and got wrecked by a rogue. If you have problems killing a sin or nb you are doing it wrong.

If our stealth is taken away, we should be re-balanced around only 3 combo points and a 1.5s GCD. Then they'd have something to cry about.

anything gives dps class survivability is BROKEN. they should do more dmg b4 die. something like faster casting below 20% range and more crit dmg.

tank already have no permission to die in WL and touch of life in pally. reduce 20% dmg below 30% in reaver.

tank could use more defensive proc when below 20%. but that may be bias. i'm a pvp tank spec.
    Last edited by Rolotomasi; 05-11-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Rift Disciple

I'm bored i'll bite.

I am obviously a very bad player who is doing it wrong then. May I l2p from your highness?

Please, elaborate on how exactly I am supposed to kill a 51 sin with hidden veil/slip away.

-try to stop a skill that's not even on GCD?

-take out his last few slivers of health in the 2 seconds after slip away when I can actually AoE where he disappeared while he has immunity to damage?

-find the rogue somewhere in 2 minimap ranges 15 seconds later? And that is if i land an AoE at all in the first place?

Kind sir, I am too, too stupid to figure out how to kill (not survive, KILL as you said in your post) a 51 sin unless I am standing right beside another allied player or in a large group. Enlighten this dull and unworthy mind.

Edit: oh yea...reroll pyro and wait for one to somehow decide to hit me while I'm standing on GoS with 100 charge ready to go.
    Last edited by archanouss; 05-11-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    If our stealth is taken away, we should be re-balanced around only 3 combo points and a 1.5s GCD. Then they'd have something to cry about.
    rogues already have a 1.5 second gcd it's called energy starved after 6 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by archanouss
    I am obviously a very bad player who is doing it wrong then. May I l2p from your highness?

Please, elaborate on how exactly I am supposed to kill a 51 sin with hidden veil/slip away.

Kind sir, I am too, too stupid to figure out how to kill (not survive, KILL as you said in your post) a 51 sin unless I am standing right beside another allied player or in a large group. Enlighten this dull and unworthy mind.
    OK

Step one: Don't stand alone in the middle of the map like a baddie, stay near your team, they can help protect you(I am 99% sure that this was covered in The Basics of PVP vol.1).
    Step two: When a sin opens up on you trinket the stun(they only have two).
    Step three A: (ONLY IF YOU ARE A CLERIC) /lol and full heal in one GCD while using your instants to kill him. or just /lol and ignore the foolish rogue while continuing on your merry way.
    Step three: Use a gap opener, kite the rogue while dps'ing, force the slip away.
    Step four: Heal up while waiting for the rogue to open on you again.
    Depending on what the sin does follow step A or B
    Step five A: If rogue doesn't reopen on you stop being bad and standing away from your team. rejoin them(safety in numbers).
    Step five B: Rogue reopens on you. Depending on spec blow second trinket, if not available don't worry the rogue won't kill you during the stun(which is now on Diminishing returns) pop a survival CD if you are sub 50% health(if not available don't worry)
    Step six: /laugh at the rogue knowing he has ZERO CDS left.
    Step seven: mercilessly destroy rogue who depending on how long it was before he used slip away is at about 50% health.
    Step eight: teabag the rogues corpse hoping that he hasn't hit respawn yet.
    Intoxicating of Persona
    Defiant Galena

Thumbs down

What's up with this archanouss cry?
    Seriously?Most post made are for stealth...

Telaran

Don't feed the trolls.

Shadowlander

Default you have got all the answer in the link

Soulwalker

while i think that spreading the stealth love around to certain other souls could be an interesting move, ya know what. let's ignore the original poster since he is rambling nonsense and just discuss THAT idea.

design in part or full new souls for the other 3 callings or simply revamp existing souls in order to be gifted with some form of stealth.

personally i think rehauling warlock from the ground up to be less like a WoW lock and more like a mage-assassin could be a lot of fun. you'd have to delete the entire soul and rebuild it to move around a stealth basis, but that's feasible.

Does this idiot know that you can phase shift while stealthed? If the Rogue is hitting slip away then blinking away then that is probably why the Rogue seems "Immune" to AoE since they just ported out of range...
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Shadowlander

rogues already have a 1.5 second gcd it's called energy starved after 6 seconds.

OK

Step one: Don't stand alone in the middle of the map like a baddie, stay near your team, they can help protect you(I am 99% sure that this was covered in The Basics of PVP vol.1).
    Step two: When a sin opens up on you trinket the stun(they only have two).
    Step three A: (ONLY IF YOU ARE A CLERIC) /lol and full heal in one GCD while using your instants to kill him. or just /lol and ignore the foolish rogue while continuing on your merry way.
    Step three: Use a gap opener, kite the rogue while dps'ing, force the slip away.
    Step four: Heal up while waiting for the rogue to open on you again.
    Depending on what the sin does follow step A or B
    Step five A: If rogue doesn't reopen on you stop being bad and standing away from your team. rejoin them(safety in numbers).
    Step five B: Rogue reopens on you. Depending on spec blow second trinket, if not available don't worry the rogue won't kill you during the stun(which is now on Diminishing returns) pop a survival CD if you are sub 50% health(if not available don't worry)
    Step six: /laugh at the rogue knowing he has ZERO CDS left.
    Step seven: mercilessly destroy rogue who depending on how long it was before he used slip away is at about 50% health.
    ^-- what he said....

lol. I know this is an old troll thread.. but I found myself reading it and couldn't help but laugh. This line wins the thread.

Soulwalker

Default rofl

what a joke

+ Reply to Thread