+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why remove the 50% increase to auto attack dmg from BD ?

Soulwalker

Default Why remove the 50% increase to auto attack dmg from BD ?

it's great that they say they wanna fix autoattack so that skills don't interrupt it that much anymore, which

was more of an issue to rogues then any other class due to shorter GCD, but it's no help when u then

remove a "talent" that makes autoattacks a worthy dmg source -.- i'd rather have buggy but powerfull

autoattacks then this weak ****...

in the beta they removed attack power scaling from autoattacks

i assume this skill was a throwback to when autoattacks actually mattered at all, so replacing it was the right thing to do.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

The old talent improved ur DPS about twice as much as the new version. (from 1ish% to 0.5ish% per point)

Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    The old talent improved ur DPS about twice as much as the new version. (from 1ish% to 0.5ish% per point)
    this, the new talent is worthless, might as well pick up 5% dodge, odds are it will be more useful too you in the long run.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Bladedancer isn't a good choice (and probably never was because of it's first spell being Side steps) for a second talent tree in any PvE spec. It's now a really good main spec for PvE.
    I don't even see why people would take that as the 5% hit itself isn't a good talent because of how easy it is to cap yourself from hit rating on gear.

I could not be more happy for my rogue as I am a real Bladedancer since the creation of my character.
    I was already being first DPS before 1.2 and now I can really show how DPS is done without using stupid macros (this as nothing to do with the current topic but I had to say it)

+ the auto attack damage was most benefical to bladedancer for the sole reason that bladedancer use Blade tempo with their 90% damage in physical and use every assassin physical damage increased talents

Edit : oh, and if you can't DPS more with the changes to bladedancer you are doing terribly wrong. Dauntless strike is useless as it's supposed to be overriden by most people. Baneful touch is the only other reason to use combo points. The rest all go in Deadly strike. My Deadly strike is my main damage on parser and auto-attack were still far far behind.
    Last edited by Snap; 05-11-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hannutta View Post
    it's great that they say they wanna fix autoattack so that skills don't interrupt it that much anymore, which

was more of an issue to rogues then any other class due to shorter GCD, but it's no help when u then

remove a "talent" that makes autoattacks a worthy dmg source -.- i'd rather have buggy but powerfull

autoattacks then this weak ****...
    Nobody knows why Trion does stuff...

+ Reply to Thread