+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We need more constructive feedback!

Rift Disciple

Default We need more constructive feedback!

It's stupid how this "feedback" on class forums is considered adequate. There's playerbase who's clearly childish, whining about not being able to "assassinate" people with assassin (pressing more than 2 buttons makes the soul unplayable of course). And then there's those kids who play "Sniper-like" classes in every game, like CoD and whatever and whine about not being able to "snipe" people.

Why should the rest of us suffer, if TRION wants more candy from the kids?

Marksman had somewhat low dps, but a lot of utility and excellent kiting abilities. 90% of the people playing the soul, they don't even know wtf kiting is. I have only seen completely ******ed MMs who either sit on pedestal until dying or try to backpedal away occassionally jumping.

AND THESE are the people you listen to when it comes to class changes? GOOD JOB TRION!
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

Sov

Quote Originally Posted by Cramen View Post
    It's stupid how this "feedback" on class forums is considered adequate. There's playerbase who's clearly childish, whining about not being able to "assassinate" people with assassin (pressing more than 2 buttons makes the soul unplayable of course). And then there's those kids who play "Sniper-like" classes in every game, like CoD and whatever and whine about not being able to "snipe" people.

Marksman had somewhat low dps, but a lot of utility and excellent kiting abilities. 90% of the people playing the soul, they don't even know wtf kiting is. I have only seen completely ******ed MMs who either sit on pedestal until dying or try to backpedal away occassionally jumping.

AND THESE are the people you listen to when it comes to class changes? GOOD JOB TRION!
    Kiting sucks when you're snared.
    Killing sucks with no damage output.
    Utility sucks when you don't have anything to back it up.
    'This disease you call "Hope" is eating you alive'

Rift Disciple

Perfect example of a crappy player.

Thank you TRION for creating WoW 2.0 - the playground for mentally challenged kids.

Rift Disciple

constructive feedback?
    assassin has a better burst but only a bit more sustained dps than it did previously. /shrug

I can tell you don't play an assassin at all though and probably don't care, my toolbar has 15 buttons that i hit on a pretty constant basis, a few of those buttons are macros that contain 2-5 different abilities, plus we have different poisons for different situations.
    plus when I stealth up there are 5 abilities on my "stealth" toolbar to choose from.

it isn't all about how many abilities you have, it's how you use them that is important.
    Last edited by Malformed; 05-11-2011 at 02:47 AM.
    <Vox Mortis>

Rift Disciple

Nope, i don't play a rogue (not for a while anymore). My rl friend still plays one, i know many good rogue players who really good job at killing people at will. I'm just against the ****ty dumbass changes that either give you +dmg or -CDs instead of looking into the mechanics as whole. It just promotes more 2-button ******s queuing up and feeling special while ruining everyone else's gameplay.

I know that if you want to be good, you need to use all of your skill arsenal, which 90% of the players don't do. Heck, they don't even know what they have as they just google for builds and macros.

I use 27 hotkeys as cleric, with only 1 macro and i'm satisfied. Altho due the screwups from TRION i may as well use just 2 buttons and be still 90% as effective.

Ascendant

whats that smell? is it a butthurt cleric who lost his templar tree? i think so.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 05-11-2011 at 03:21 AM.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Rift Disciple

Nope, i don't play a rogue (not for a while anymore). My rl friend still plays one, i know many good rogue players who really good job at killing people at will. I'm just against the ****ty dumbass changes that either give you +dmg or -CDs instead of looking into the mechanics as whole. It just promotes more 2-button ******s queuing up and feeling special while ruining everyone else's gameplay.

I know that if you want to be good, you need to use all of your skill arsenal, which 90% of the players don't do. Heck, they don't even know what they have as they just google for builds and macros.

I use 27 hotkeys as cleric, with only 1 macro and i'm satisfied. Altho due the screwups from TRION i may as well use just 2 buttons and be still 90% as effective.

I can't disagree with you there at all.
    I tried to play my wifes cleric... ffs, it is a lot of buttons.
    I mean you can spam a couple buttons and get the job done but it isn't the same thing.

I have a lot of love for assassin, i played DAoC for a long time and infiltrator was my favorite.
    scout was great fun too, but infil was my favorite. all the positional/reactive attacks and chains.

my problem with this game in it's current state is that in order to do competitive DPS in a pve environment as a rogue and I'm sure some other classes too, you need to use certain builds, and certain rotations. If you don't, you are a scrub rogue and need to L2P.
    why play if you are forced into a role/build that you hate? that's not fun.

it's also why I didn't join probably the top raid guild on the defiant side of my server even though I applied and run with them occasionally... my assassin dps was great for an assassin, but not good enough and not as good as the fotm nb or melee ranger builds. so when people start whining about low dps, I take it personally but I can't blame myself because I know I'm good enough.
    in the end, I was asked if I wanted to join their second raid group. think one of them called it the "nub crew".
    I don't hold it against the guild, they are a great bunch of skilled players, I really enjoy grouping with them, I chat with them regularly.
    they didn't design the game or the class or the soul.
    all I can do is hope trion tightens up the performance gaps a bit more between all the classes/souls.

the game was designed with tons of available soul combinations, yet only a FEW are performing that well in raids? thought they wanted to encourage diversity?
    I will say, most of the class changes for 1.2 DID help encourage more diversity.
    I don't care if I never take top DPS in a raid/group full of NB build rogues honestly.
    there's no real reason for any well-played DPS soul to be SO sub-par that you are told to play something you don't like. that goes for any soul, any class.
    Last edited by Malformed; 05-11-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    <Vox Mortis>

Rift Disciple

TRION is just as bad as most of his customers playing the game. There's been PVP/PVE mmo's with EVEN BIGGER skill/class diversity and with everything being balanced and ACTUALLY GIVING some diversity to people when it comes to choosing their class-build-up.

It's just like cleric DPS souls, the onlyone that qualifies for a raid is melee druid dps with a pet, onlyone from all the cleric dps souls that can pull 750+ raid dps! And i have to stick to healing because melee is too intensive for my Laptop on RoS/GSB. What's the use of ranged dps souls if they dont work:P?

Or looking how much "synergy" mage trees have, pretty much the only calling where you always go 51 point one soul if you spec it

Or the warriors where only "good" dps spec is champ/para/bm :P

And STILL they just "balance" things by giving +dmg to some souls, hurray!

Quote Originally Posted by Sov View Post
    Kiting sucks when you're snared.
    Killing sucks with no damage output.
    Utility sucks when you don't have anything to back it up.
    You clearly know nothing of MM spec.

You have tons of ways to remove snares.
    You could easily put down someone with kitting and even kill an healer with the proper cooldown usage.
    And I don't see your point with utility... they are utilies. They are the back up for other abilities.

Giving MM more constant damage and an interrupt silence was good.
    But giving them Rapid fire shot OPness as well as making 2 CDs in one big CD is too much. Deals way too much damage and require no brain to use that super massive Cooldown.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread