+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please stop being chicken little on CC?

Telaran

Default Please stop being chicken little on CC?

The patch notes appear more severe than they actually are if you do the math.

Take, for instance, slumber, my druid's cc.

I hit someone with it, 25 second timer starts, if it lasts the whole 10 seconds, that's 15 seconds left on the DR.

I know a certain other well-known title which starts the DR timer for 15 seconds upon end of the effect.

Not the end of the world, learn to time your CC's. The bads you complain about spamming those CCs will also stop using them once they see enough "immune" and you can be strategic again.

aux

Put cleric heals on DR too.

Mage defenses on DR, cleric defenses on DR, same thing basically. Not the end of the world, just learn to time them.
    I'm so BORED

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post

Mage defenses on DR, cleric defenses on DR, same thing basically. Not the end of the world, just learn to time them.
    instants have cooldowns, cast times are high and very interruptible.

This game is still very new, I expect to see the changes start to level out as bearing and impact are gaged.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post

L2MM.. no CD purge will do that for you.

Ascendant

I'm glad to see the CC fest toned down, to be honest. Spamming CC left and right is not how pvp should be.

Quote Originally Posted by plasmacutter View Post
    The patch notes appear more severe than they actually are if you do the math.

Take, for instance, slumber, my druid's cc.

I hit someone with it, 25 second timer starts, if it lasts the whole 10 seconds, that's 15 seconds left on the DR.

I know a certain other well-known title which starts the DR timer for 15 seconds upon end of the effect.

Not the end of the world, learn to time your CC's. The bads you complain about spamming those CCs will also stop using them once they see enough "immune" and you can be strategic again.
    Except now he hits break free, and has 5 seconds immunity to all CC, and the next CC you cast is only at half duration. Also, a lot of fights are decided in less than 10 seconds, so him having a 5 second immunity and half CC time after that, is a huuuge difference in group pvp.
    Last edited by MrGrimm999; 05-11-2011 at 06:06 AM.
    Abraxis, 50 guardian mage - Seastone

+ Reply to Thread