+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Class mechanics sahould not be dispellable.

Ascendant

Default Class mechanics sahould not be dispellable.

Justicar: the buffs that provide convictions and heals should not be able to be dispellable, they are a core mechanic of the class and the class does not work without them. Chloromancer: LGV is the way that this class works. Dispelling it is as good as killing the Chloromancer. No LGV, no heals.

Fix plz
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Those buffs should be passive because they are core mechanics of the class. They are not buffing anything.
    Last edited by Firagatar; 05-10-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Also not sure why they're buffs in the first place. There's no reason either of the classes mentioned would ever NOT want their role-defining buffs active. The only effects of making them buffs instead of passives were to let them get purged and break the class, or to let you forget to recast them and break the class. What's the benefit there?

Also, not sure if riftstalker's phases are purgeable buffs - but they shouldn't be, they're a core class mechanic too.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Also not sure why they're buffs in the first place. There's no reason either of the classes mentioned would ever NOT want their role-defining buffs active. The only effects of making them buffs instead of passives were to let them get purged and break the class, or to let you forget to recast them and break the class. What's the benefit there?
    As long as I'm complaining about them, WTH is with the 1 hour duration on most buffs? Were they too overpowered to have a 12 hour duration so they don't fall off half way through an instance?

It's great when I'm tanking a boss mob and suddenly I'm not a tank anymore because the buff wore off. Or when Im healing something as a chloro and then suddenly the tank dies because LGV fell off.

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Plane Touched

You should test them, because last time I tested it Justicar Mein's and Cavalier were both un-dispellable. The others were fair game.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Justicar: the buffs that provide convictions and heals should not be able to be dispellable, they are a core mechanic of the class and the class does not work without them. Chloromancer: LGV is the way that this class works. Dispelling it is as good as killing the Chloromancer. No LGV, no heals.

Fix plz
    It's ridiculous that LGV can be purged...

Rift Disciple

It is, basically all you can do is run around waiting for bloom and flourish to come off cd while you wait for the cd on lgv.

Your LGV solution is here.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

The buff that provides conviction cannot be dispelled, neither can Mien of Honor. Get your facts right before QQ plz!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Not a solution since taking Archon in a PvP build gimps you in other ways, not to mention, casting a crappy spell that doesn't heal for 6 out of every 10 seconds breaks your ability to heal just as hard as not having LGV.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    You mean the solution that causes us to use a broken mechanic to fix another broken mechanic but in doing so causes us to use 7.5 seconds out of 10 seconds to do so...thus 2.5 seconds to be function able, if and only if we have a target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiaha View Post
    You mean the solution that causes us to use a broken mechanic to fix another broken mechanic but in doing so causes us to use 7.5 seconds out of 10 seconds to do so...thus 2.5 seconds to be function able, if and only if we have a target dummy.

4 (FOUR) target dummies. Any number less than that and you become dispellable again

It will take 6 dummies and 9 out of ever 10 seconds to counter 2 marksmen dispelling, but only if you have a bard spamming his buffs at the same rate as you are tab dotting.

8 Dummies and 12 out of every 10 seconds if you dont have a bard.

Are you with me on this?
    Last edited by Hethroin; 05-11-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    The buff that provides conviction cannot be dispelled, neither can Mien of Honor. Get your facts right before QQ plz!
    Convictions can be dispelled though. So can the buffs that heal on damage. Get your facts right before QQ plz!
    Last edited by Paikis; 05-11-2011 at 03:05 PM.

The above poster is referring to Cavalier, Mien of Honor/ Leadership. Salvation and Reparation are also very much class defining buffs which should NOT be buffs at all. Both should be passive abilities.
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast