Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: immune immune immune immune

Default immune immune immune immune

epic fail, so tired of wasteing skills just to get that message. Why do they have to go over board on everything, the game needed dr but not like this. Now its just a dps race to burn people down cc is pointless, since everyone is immune all the time now.

Much better than "you are under someone else's control" or "ability disabled" all the time.

Rift Chaser

long immunity timers were a bad idea from the start. any committed/hardened PVPer knows this.

CC is made worthless by the sheer number of randoms spamming CC to such an extent that it becomes pointless to even try to use CC intelligently/strategically. even WOW hasn't dumbed down to the point of complete CC immunity for 30 whole secs...

in the 6 WFs i did this morning this trend was already very evident: immune immune immune. DR is good but long duration complete immunity is BAD.

it's just another case of well-meaning developers dumbing a game down for the (stupid) masses. time for serious PVPers to start looking elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 05-10-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Champion of Telara

trion makes game for casual players, because they are the majority, and they will eat whatever trion offers to them, just let them mindlesly mash buttons wherever they go.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    long immunity timers were a bad idea from the start. any committed/hardened PVPer knows this.

funniest thing i ever read.

a true pvper would come from a pvp game

pretty standard that the 2 best known pvp games are daoc and warhammer........ daoc you had a ONE MINUTE immunity timer. sixty whole seconds.

so i find it funny how you make a claim that committed pvpers dont want to deal with long immunity timers.

I dont like being CC'd either. But I'd rather have tools for breaking it than have immunities.

I was specced 38 into vk for shock burst to help lock down the tons of blue bars out there, but now it is totally worthless since everyone is immune. So subpar dps with worthless cc that high into vk makes it a waste of space in a wf.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    trion makes game for casual players, because they are the majority, and they will eat whatever trion offers to them, just let them mindlesly mash buttons wherever they go.
    There is nothing wrong with making changes for the casuals. It is not the situation here. They are making the game to suit BAD players, or better BAD STUPID players, who cant probably even eat by themselves.

who cant probably even eat by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post

pretty standard that the 2 best known pvp games are daoc and warhammer........ daoc you had a ONE MINUTE immunity timer. sixty whole seconds.

so i find it funny how you make a claim that committed pvpers dont want to deal with long immunity timers.
    qft.... but it's not 60 seconds...

DAoC had Stuns, Roots, Snares, and Disarms... caster's couldn't cast if being attacked.

DAoC's immunity was the duration of the crowd control times 5.

for example. If you were slammed, (9 second anytime stun.) your immunity was 45 seconds of immunity to STUN, not all CC.

and the only "break" skill was Purge. which if specced at Rank 3 had a 5 minute re-use.

there wasn't 50 thousand different CC's and 50 thousand different break skills, turning the game into a "who can push the most buttons faster and better."

I'm going to repeat myself for the nth time and say, WHY THE **** DIDN'T TRION "BORROW" ANY GAME MECHANICS FROM DAoC.

hating this company more and more as the seconds pass.
    Last edited by Skyline; 05-10-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalfirim View Post
    There is nothing wrong with making changes for the casuals. It is not the situation here. They are making the game to suit BAD players, or better BAD STUPID players, who cant probably even eat by themselves.
    ye, i meant those.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Shadowlander

Wait a minute.. because you can't chain CC people so that can not control there character and attack you back.. the game is broken..

If your spamming CC and getting Immune, Immune, Immune, Immune... then you need to stop casting the same spell and use a different one...

I bet your the type of person who needs someone to pull your pants down before you piss.. else you'd piss yourself...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post

you would have a point, but for the facts that:
    1) DAOC has hard interrupts. any spell is interrupted by any damage & even by CC that you are immune to. rift has soft interrupts.
    2) remphasis: in DAOC, your spells were still interrupted by CC you were immune to.
    2) DAOC has twice as many immunity categories (nearsight, mez, stun, root/snare).
    3) the length/pace of combat is much longer/slower in DAOC

critical differences.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeScream View Post
    Wait a minute.. because you can't chain CC people so that can not control there character and attack you back.. the game is broken..

If your spamming CC and getting Immune, Immune, Immune, Immune... then you need to stop casting the same spell and use a different one...

I bet your the type of person who needs someone to pull your pants down before you piss.. else you'd piss yourself...
    if you can't manage basic language skills, what chance do you have of saying something insightful on a complex aspect of PVP game design?
    Last edited by Ashenne; 05-10-2011 at 08:40 PM.

cc was god aweful before
    now it is a complete non issue

both of these are bad design
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast