+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I really could use a Monk class...

Default I really could use a Monk class...

Puncha puncha puncha! There's always been something so satisfying to playing this class and just punching and kicking the crap out of everything. Feign death FTW! Yeah, I could really use a monk class here.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

We have a chance for a Monk class ....there are still two melee classes hidden

I'd be surprised if they didn't include a melee that specialized in unarmed combat.

Default Monk...

I still play a monk on VG, i got many char build-up through this game after a couple of years playing, but when it come to action it will be my MONK
    i just can't live without this class, so smooth and deadly sometimes, i would say:
    Save Private Monkey

Soulwalker

Amen!!!!! Monks are fun.

With the number of possible souls still to be released i wouldnt be suprised if a Monk does feature, although i am unsure about which calling it fits in.

Should it be a pure unarmed dps soul under the scout calling?

or is the better fit under the Warrior calling so they can step up for paper tanking duties?

I cant help suspecting it is more likely to feature as a scout for the simple fact it looks like armor will be usable by calling, not by souls, and as such a plate clad Monk just doesnt make sense...

While Monks are fun and I did love my disciple in VG.... Monks just dont really fit the setting. It does not make much sense to have someone in cloth up against people in plate and shiny swords. The style of fighting is so different and we all know the guys with the plate armor would win hands down if it was a real fight

I would love to play a game where a monk fighting style would make sense, with others who also fight in cloth and with light weapons or unarmed, but to me they do not belong in the knights in shining armor kind of games.

I would like to see such a class too, but they have to name them Sensei! Just because!
    When darkness falls it is because we have brought it upon ourselves.

KASE Breakdown: Achiever 46.67%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 66.67%, Socializer 46.67%

Shadowlander

and give them a BMG for QJ !!!

I think Monk would be a great Cleric class to be honest, integrating healing with fist fighting melee damage. I would be all over that!

I see the monk class fitting in with the rogues. A high damage output class that relies on getting that first strike in....
    It would be cool to see something like this in Rift *crosses fingers*
    What isn't clear is why people always say, "It goes without saying", yet still feel compelled to say the thing that was supposed to go without saying...

I would agree a monk class would be awesome in this game. I also believe it should have some sort of healing ability / abilities. To me, that makes the most sense. Conversely, a "dark monk" could also be added that had some sort of life drain / DoT component added to them. I'd be all over either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolf View Post
    I think Monk would be a great Cleric class to be honest, integrating healing with fist fighting melee damage. I would be all over that!
    That is exactly what a VG Disciple is, a healing monk with FD. Awesome solo and group class, and still challenging to play to full potential.
    Alt-o-holic, Vanguard test server player. I play with my wife and daughter for the purpose of having fun.
    No Drama here please.

I'm for it even though I don't want to play one. I have a couple friends that will be sold on this game if they announce a monk class though.
    The Black Company
    Of. By. For.

It would definitely be nice to see a monk class. It's not often that you see a monk class in a game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast