+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing Dummy: (It needs something hitting it!)

Plane Touched

Default Healing Dummy: (It needs something hitting it!)

The healing dummy is amazing.

I can sit there, chunk out heals and test what I'm actually doing. Theorycraft how many times my purifier shield would protect the tank or how frequently i can cast this spell or just how much life-giving i can put out over a burst period of time.

But, it's kinda difficult when you're a purifier [Shields] or a warden [Overflow/Orbs] to really test how much these talents and abilities are adding to your rotations without counting how many times they proc over an encounter.

Hence I'm asking nicely for an NPC that just sits there (one of the warrior trainers maybe) and just dukes out some nice sustained and hard-hitting damage on the healing dummy. I'm talking 5-6k per hit, every second or so. To proc damage-reactive healing abilities and effects on the dummy and make the effort of calculating these immensely easier.

Give it the average boss auto attack speed and let us see exactly how much of our purifier shields are "Overlapping" and being wasted. Or let us use Orbs of the Stream in a rotation as warden and see how much we actually can sustain while using our most powerful healing ability.

Please?
    Kama, Cleric of Briarcliff

Melee Chloromancer 2.0 <Shaman Justicar>

Rift Disciple

Only after they let me invite it to a group and put synthesis on it.
    Last edited by Nickoli; 05-09-2011 at 01:42 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    Only after they let me invite it to a group and put synthesis on it.
    This right here. This current setup is useless for testing chloro and bard.

Also maybe set up one of the test dummies to hit you back.
    Last edited by Satanicuz; 05-09-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicuz View Post
    This right here. This current setup is useless for testing chloro and bard.

Also maybe set up one of the test dummies to hit you back.
    Same with AOE heals too.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

They need one that fights back, so you can test with block/parry reactives.

you know you can always group and you know, do a dungeon to test stuff out

jokes aside tho it would be very cool if there was a dummy that fought back or something.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Telaran

This reminds me of when Discipline Priests in WoW became raid effective. We were absorbing tons of dmg with our shields but it wasnt showing up on meters and there were tons of posts about raid leaders hating Disc priests because they werent pushing acceptable HPS. Then when the healing meters shifted to account for absorbed heals, people were amazed at the power of shields and dmg mitigation.

Dont spend too much time in the lab. I think the dummies are good to help you knock down your rotation and where to put your healing hotkeys etc and practice using those, but healing dummies just cant simulate a fight. It cant simulate when the boss will crit and when the tanks health really gets low and you have to use your "oh @#$" buttons. The dummies are much better for dps.

+ Reply to Thread